Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Isenguard

Pk maps not pk Oo?

was joking around with a few ppl at nc arena when i thought of a random day that would change pk maps/arenas into non pk but most regular maps would be pk with a few exceptions of main places of course. Well tell me how you like it and if its possible i guess :icon13:

-Lasher

most ppl don't like any changes but that didn't stop the cooldown idea or the vial breaking after using a potion.

this is a good idea imo

Umm... eww... I guess it would entense things up.. but really.. there would need to be at least 1 map on c1/c2 left alone that has a storage.

That would be a lot agis, but I think at this day, all except DP/VOTD/IP on seridia and Idaloran/Emerald Valley/South Redmoon on C2 can be good as PK.

Yes i know there would have to be exceptions of major maps like votd,ws,ip and some c2 maps thats why i said with in my first post " pk but most regular maps would be pk with a few exceptions of main places of course"

-Lasher

I think it would be interesting for gameplay purposes for there to be a random day that switches pk and non-pk maps around. So long as inside buildings was kept non pk, there would still be storages that were safe.

It would do interesting things for strategy from all sides.

Surprise surprise, a 'yes' vote from a non pk-er :fire:

...there would still be storages that were safe.

The problem would be getting to them. What happens if you're walking about when the day changes, or worse yet log in part way through that #day? You'd be stuck (if you logged off inside someplace) or dead if you were caught out in the open.

And saying "be sure to always log off at an inside storage" is just to restrictive for most people.

I'm not casting a vote as to if the idea is good or bad, just that some safety will need to be provided for people not in a safe place when the day starts (or they log on).

I love it, too! And it would make a lot more people use rings and ttpr spells. Maybe even ttr to get away from ebil PKers.. Funny, though. I heard rumors that this day was already implemented. Strange... Anyway, I love it!

I think most people have learned to log off or go afk in safer places because of the invasions and acid rain/solar flare days, etc. This really wouldn't be so much different.

I would agree with a safe "minute" or two after logging on but that again implies people would read what's put in front of them just as knowing what #day it is...

I think if the insides were off limits and kept non-pk, at least the houses and shops and storage buildings/caves, it could work.

I honestly don't like this idea. It would mean 6 hours off game for me each such day.

I don't play much recently (just can't) and such a nuisance would even shorten this time. What about people who wants to PK just go to PK areas instead forcing ones that aren't that interested in PKing to take part in their games?

Eternal Lands is a game where PKs and PvE players can coexist. Such a change would break the balance completely. I'm strongly against it.

@Aislinn

There's a huge difference between short invasion in usually save map and whole in-game day. I can see the bunch of wanna-be PKers waiting next to save spots for victims. Not a nice vision:/

Well i guess Anshar has a point... but why not make it so that 4 random maps (2 on c1 ,and 2 on c2) turn into these pk maps for the day... that would be ok wouldnt it?

@Aislinn

There's a huge difference between short invasion in usually save map and whole in-game day. I can see the bunch of wanna-be PKers waiting next to save spots for victims. Not a nice vision:/

Can't be worse than the fasting day or labor day or no harvesting day ;)

Not saying I'm particularly for it but i'm not horrifically against it either if there are safe places.