Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ShYne

Night time Killing

I thought of an idea last night to make the PK more alive. I was thinking at night time all PK maps could become a no drop map, or a smaller time like 1.5 or even 2 game hours. It will defintally make more pk alive. And it would not put out the use for ros stones because some people might still want to protect their gear and other exspensive things during the day time or the 'safe' time. I think this would be a great idea to implent and make the pk more alive than it is now.

So..What do you guys think?

Edited by XitragupteN

The problem is people want it both ways.

Without drops, there isn't much reason for people to seriously and competetively PK. It is then only for fun.

If there are drops, people don't want to go in because they are too scared of losing something.

I don't see this as a solution. I think a way of providing decent drops to encourage competetive PK, without scaring people away is what is needed. I also see this as an almost impossible goal to achieve. I don't see any way to satisfy both sides without limiting the weapons and armour available, which isn't a practical solution either... which is why I'm waiting for someone to come up with a brilliant idea to solve these 2 problems.

Are you a blood hungry Pk'er? I don't think so by your post. PK is fun intended, and why would you want to scare of the people? That would just be making the PK more dead. And nowdays PK isn't about decent drops anymore because there is something called rostogols sontes. And of your thought of scaring people away, it will actually make people go out more and hunt for more points without worrying about dropping something. Which means more fights. imho I think these pk points are sort of play the role of items, you earn something if you kill someone.

Thats just my 2 cents

Edited by XitragupteN

I thought of an idea last night to make the PK more alive. I was thinking at night time all PK maps could become a no drop map, or a smaller time like 1.5 or even 2 game hours. It will defintally make more pk alive. And it would not put out the use for ros stones because some people might still want to protect their gear and other exspensive things during the day time or the 'safe' time. I think this would be a great idea to implent and make the pk more alive than it is now.

Could make TD no drop map and still have KF and ROT as they are now, then let's see which map people are going most to.

The most used map will be the way people want pk to be.

I guess it will be the only way to start some pk action again.

Could make TD no drop map and still have KF and ROT as they are now, then let's see which map people are going most to.

I love the idea :) I wonder which one I will chose....TD :P

Are you a blood hungry Pk'er? I don't think so by your post.
lol, no, not at all. However I am interesting in the game, and its development for the enjoyment of everyone, PKer's and those who don't.

PK is fun intended, and why would you want to scare of the people? That would just be making the PK more dead.
I wasn't wanting to scare people away. I was saying that is one of the problems faced (look at the "remove the rost" threads). It should be fun, this is a game after all. I also think it should be challenging which involves risk. Managing that level of risk can increase the level of fun.

And nowdays PK isn't about decent drops anymore because there is something called rostogols sontes.
Ahuh. That is exactly my point. A lot of people have complained that PK isn't like the old-days and that is because of the drops, because of rost. So on one hand you have rost to protect your things, and on the other, people complaining that PK is dead because there are no drops. So Ent came up with the idea of PK points...

And of your thought of scaring people away, it will actually make people go out more and hunt for more points without worrying about dropping something. Which means more fights. imho I think these pk points are sort of play the role of items, you earn something if you kill someone.
That is fair. I hadn't considered the PK points aspect.

I now see that your idea is based on PK points replacing drops, and now this idea makes more sense to me.

I guess I just don't see it as enough of a risk, and therefore challenging enough to entertain people too long, but it might work and if so then good! This is a game, it is meant to be fun, interesting and a challenge, not just a level grind.

/edit: Made it a little clearer

Edited by Torg

i dont think this will help pk, no drops maps wont rly do anything.

ppl dont go pk cuz of summon stones + the lvl difference.

most ppl have to restore vs toomass in like 3-4 hits, so doesnt make sense for them since high lvl ppl like toomass are the only ppl who camp in KF. ever thought about that?

summon stones make pk to something that i would call "the more gc the better u pk".

go invis, summon tiger + bears + attack your enemy and he has basicly not much chances since he cant cast MI then anymore.

making no drop map would be useless imo, people will go there sometimes yeah.. but then some people get the idea to branch for fun and pk is dead again. wont help :)

EDIT: i didnt mention the part with guilds having 98% of EL allied, since ent is working on that with some nice idea

Edited by Tempest

most ppl have to restore vs toomass in like 3-4 hits, so doesnt make sense for them since high lvl ppl like toomass are the only ppl who camp in KF. ever thought about that?

summon stones make pk to something that i would call "the more gc the better u pk".

go invis, summon tiger + bears + attack your enemy and he has basicly not much chances since he cant cast MI then anymore.

making no drop map would be useless imo, people will go there sometimes yeah.. but then some people get the idea to branch for fun and pk is dead again. wont help :)

EDIT: i didnt mention the part with guilds having 98% of EL allied, since ent is working on that with some nice idea

We could at least give it a try and let's say no brod/sod/golden mace work there

We got like 2% allied, and still no fun in pk. You know more about that idea than that 'list' of names?

We got like 2% allied, and still no fun in pk. You know more about that idea than that 'list' of names?

3 non-red tagged Guilds in PkG. :)

Idea of 1 map with constant no drop day is great. It will make pk cheaper so more ppl will be able to afford it=more ppl on pk map =]

Of coz, since action will be on that map only, no1 or almost no1 will go to other pk maps, but i dont mind that at all :)

mp

Idea of 1 map with constant no drop day is great. It will make pk cheaper so more ppl will be able to afford it=more ppl on pk map =]

Of coz, since action will be on that map only, no1 or almost no1 will go to other pk maps, but i dont mind that at all :P

mp

I know at least 1 person who does.

No Drops maps/times are good ideas, but i dont think it should be implemented that way... maybe just make 1 map no drops, but you have to pay like 1k-3k to enter,and if you leave the map you have to pay again to enter (would stop the constant popping in and out of people)... if such a map was implemented i would gladly pk atleast 2-3 times a day(and i'd care less about dying), but atm a rosto is just too expensive (it takes me 2 1/2 hours of harving to buy 1 rosto)... anyways this way there would still be gc going out of the game (makes radu happy) and people can pk 5-15 times more for the price of a rosto (makes pk'ers happy)... and of course since there are still normal pk maps the people who want to pk the old way can go there to lose their rosto's, also this map would make the cost of rosto's go down (less demand) so more people will go to the normal maps too (also maybe make people not get any experience on the no drops map, so they wont PVP there), i would still use both types of maps anyway.

and a brod is not the end of all pk'ing... just carry two red capes with you... i'll admit that any1 who brod's on a no drop day is a bastard, but it makes pk'ing more intresting

Edited by St_Arcane

I agree here: it should really help making a pk map no drop, and letting the others remain "normal drop".

This way also untagged ppl would come to practice without thinking about it too much.

But as a map of that type it should be limited to certain a/d levels and lower. One without pk points can enter, one with some is checked. This way workers and explorers can wander, while pk and pvper must restrain themselves to other pk areas.

*dodges a stone*

Edited by Malakh