Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gaspode

Old Characters? [SOLVED]

I been away for quite some time until I could manage to get my old and ailing computer back up to a standard where I could run EL again. So it's been rather a long time since I logged in as 'gaspode', I thought I knew the password, however to my sadness it didn't work, so I went through the usual alternates, none of those worked either.

Now i'm a creature of habit in some things, and only use 6 or 7 passwords for games.

Now i'm wondering if there is a policy to 'lock' characters after a certain period of inactivity?

I've noticed the policy on not getting people's passwords for them, and agree with it, until there is a system in place then it's up to us users to remember our passes.

However if it's possible i'd kinda like to get back to playing with 'gaspode', although if it's the case i've actually 'forgotten' my password then i'll just continue playing 'cerebus' anyway.

Thanks for that, poor old gaspode, stuck in limbo, until i sort out my password issues, I don't remember being that high in summoning, although it has been a year :)

Thanks for the other info as well, i'll pursue that line of enquiry, I think my question as to policy has been answered :)

Thanks for that, poor old gaspode, stuck in limbo, until i sort out my password issues, I don't remember being that high in summoning, although it has been a year :devlish:

Thanks for the other info as well, i'll pursue that line of enquiry, I think my question as to policy has been answered :)

Did you ever share the old passsword with anyone? The character Gaspode has been playing regularly.

Thanks Learner, Aislinn was kind enough to look into it for me, and found much the same thing, apparently my IP last logged in august 2006, followed by a long break, then another IP logged in on 30 June, and I assume changed the pass.

I haven't shared my pass with anyone, and am frankly at a loss to explain this incident. I have contacted Entropy and told him about it, however it's probably best if I just give up gaspode, since he has been altered by his 'kidnapper', it'd be like wearing another person's underwear, i'll just play with cerebus instead.

I have reviewed my own security and can find no issues on my computer setup, also I recently carried out a fresh install after finally upgrading my computer enough to be able to get back to EL.

I'd like to thank the Admins for their kind and curteous help in this matter, unfortunatly until there is a password recovery system in place there is no way for users to recover lost or stolen accounts, or to prove that we didn't give them away.

I'd like to mark this topic as 'Solved', however that implies a satisfactory conclusion, i'll merely leave it to disappear on it's own.

As explained in a PM, the 30 June date is not accurate, it merely reflects the first log in since the old log has been archived.

Weird! your in the same guild as me Gasp and we have seen you on and talking on a regulare basis, next time your kidnapper loges on, ill have a chat with him.

Unless......you are making this whole thing up (dont take this in offence, im not saying you did) and you are just trying to take over the accound Gaspode.

Edited by xbox360

There was a person called gasp0de (with a zero) who iirc, recently got a namechange to gaspode.

Maybe your character was written over? Because the current gaspode has been playing fairly often.

There was a person called gasp0de (with a zero) who iirc, recently got a namechange to gaspode.

Maybe your character was written over? Because the current gaspode has been playing fairly often.

This is indeed what has happened.

During my absence Gaspode was overwritten by Gasp0de, I'm quite happy that Gasp0de got a name change, and that since the original Gaspode character was backed up I can continue to play this character under a new name, I was more worried about the remote possibility that I'd been hacked, and am glad this was not the case.

The account transfer has been completed, and now i'll be continuing to play as 'Cerebus'.

Thanks to an excellent Admin team things are now settled, to everyones satisfaction I hope, and I look forward to continuing to play EL.

I think it's quite right that old inactive accounts are 'reused' this way, if you don't use it, you lose it.

Finally I would like to thank those concerned, this matter can now be treated as [solved] ;)

So if some kind Mod can lock this and we can all get back to 'normal' :fire:

Edited by gaspode