Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

List of 'rare' books that you can't sell

poison antidote is very rare (and only one rare) book in game, cause its not yeti drop

Accuracy book is achim+ drop too.

Invis pot book / evasion pot book come to mind

Those also come to my mind :)

Some yeti trainers call them toilet paper, coz yeti drops them like hell and only thing u can do with those books is to give them away for free or keep them in storage coz of "sentimental value" :P

I really like the idea of having npc who buys them( even some gc like 2-3k would be just fine )

Imho its better to make them rare+ worth something than common and without any value, so if npc buying those books would also mean decreasing their drop rate i would gladly accept it( its better to find 1 book worth 3k gc than 10 which r worth 0 gc :)

About potion antidote book, i think that 2 things make that book expensive:

1) many ppl need that book

2) only arctic chims can drop them, all 3 r on pk maps+ r really hard 2 kill(especially now, with nmt breakable )

eMPi

steel axe con :) it is worth 40k (pm me in game iff u wont to bye :))

40k? More like 200gc, if you're lucky. :-/

-Blee

I consider selling books to NPC is OK but better will be ongoing demand from player. some way to create demand for books like need to read more than 1 book or need to refresh memory once in while will be good. By the way i feel books at low end has a real glut although I am yet to tackle high end monster so my take may not be 100% on the dot.

I consider selling books to NPC is OK but better will be ongoing demand from player. some way to create demand for books like need to read more than 1 book or need to refresh memory once in while will be good. By the way i feel books at low end has a real glut although I am yet to tackle high end monster so my take may not be 100% on the dot.

I dont agree on that point to reread books...there are books that takes lots of time, even in fast read area, and i know how much time i spent waiting for the serridium mining, smelting,molding to finish it!

I agree that an npc would be fine, and is needed too!

I dont agree on that point to reread books...there are books that takes lots of time, even in fast read area, and i know how much time i spent waiting for the serridium mining, smelting,molding to finish it!

I agree that an npc would be fine, and is needed too!

I think that it is a great idea to make certain books rereadable - not all books though, that would be overkill. If the time taken is too much, you could make the "refresher course" either instantaneous or at least at library speed.

Guest ohmygod
I plan to make a new NPC to buy those books, and I want some input from the fighters on what kind of 'rare' books they have lots but can't sell in the market channel (too many of them) or to an NPC.

Is idea still being considered?

Is idea still being considered?

I doubt it:

Ok, well, if you don't actually read my post, then I am not even going to bother implementing that.

too bad what should i do with 100 invi/evasion books now? :laugh: MP is right, it's a toilet book

Wasn't they sell-able at one point?

With so many ingame, whatever they sell for, people will become very rich.

The problem with books is like with lot of other stuff in game.

When you need them you cant drop them, and when you drop them you don't need them any more.

Other problem, lot of people give away all unused books when they leave EL cause its to boring to wait years before making high level items. So what ever, profit will allways stay in hands of very high ranked old addicted player.

A good solution would be that you're only able to drop or buy a book when you have the skill to use that book.

and/or if you dont have that book in storage or invent.

Ok, this is your last chance: Make a list with the books described in the first post of this thread, then post it here. No discussions, only the book list!