Eternal Lands Official Forums
2coolfool

I Eat Dead People

For a long time p2p races were only for looks and PK, and it was fine.

I'd rather see this approach stay, I don't like games where you have to pay to fully benefit from the game. Who wants to donate does so, and I think it's good.

Nice try hoping people will panic buy bones, during wars this is called Profiteering.

Summoners use a hell of a lot more bones than a few people taking a perk, and have been doing since summoning started - the price is stable and will remain stable.

Bones are 0.5, and I hazard a guess they'll stay at 0.5 for the foreseeable future. It is too easy for me to smack a passing goblin and build up a collection.

If people would spend 12-15 gc on an FP when mixing, why not spend 1gc per bone?

5 bones = greater food value, much cheaper, no cooldown and similar EMU.

summoning, reasoning pots and now food. all large consumers of bones. Most mixers would not want to spend a long time collecting bones when they could be harvesting ingreds, and I really can see a permanent shift in bone price up to 1gc, but we will have to wait and see to be sure.

On the downside, summoning just got to be an even more expensive skill to level than it already was.

Umm, not really. It is much more convenient and faster to buy FPs from Mira rather than camp for hours at the skellies for little a/d EXP. That in addition to 3 PPs.

Much easier and cheaper to buy 1k bones from another player at storage than to buy 200 FP.

If you start thinking in terms of 5k bones and 1k FP, then the difference begins to look very significant, both in cost, and also in time.

Given that the major disadvantage in antisocial perk is IMO inability to buy FP, suddenly a combination of anti and this perk is very attractive.

The more I think of it, the more I think this will be a very popular perk, and expect a significnt change in the cost of bones over the next few weeks.

Much easier and cheaper to buy 1k bones from another player at storage than to buy 200 FP.

If you start thinking in terms of 5k bones and 1k FP, then the difference begins to look very significant, both in cost, and also in time.

Given that the major disadvantage in antisocial perk is IMO inability to buy FP, suddenly a combination of anti and this perk is very attractive.

The more I think of it, the more I think this will be a very popular perk, and expect a significnt change in the cost of bones over the next few weeks.

On the other hand, Mira is always there, selling the FPs for a fixed price.

The fact that you want to buy 1K bones at the storage doesn't mean that you will buy 1K bones at the storage. In the short term, maybe, because people have a few Ktents bones. But as their supply decreases, you will realize that the price of the bones is much more than 1 gc/bone. I estimate it to become around 3-4 gc/each.

But as their supply decreases, you will realize that the price of the bones is much more than 1 gc/bone. I estimate it to become around 3-4 gc/each.

Cunning!...but it the rise in worth isnt completely unexpected when a change of this nature occurs. Hah i guess no more bonebag spam at spawns now...another way for fighters to gain GC? :omg:

I estimate it to become around 3-4 gc/each.

Why should they? Looking in point of demand they would. Looking on ways of profit POF would be cheaper, easier to get, no need for a perk, etc. I guess they might top on 2gc. But on that point it's already getting stupid to take the perk because it has no more real benefit and people prefer 3pp to spend on other things then.

1gc is a fair price. 1,5gc is price for people who wants bone directly and 2gc+ is for stupid people ;)

Why should they? Maybe because the bones are used in other skills as well? And because you cna buy them in bulk, directly from the storage?

Buying them in bulk is harder than you think. In the time I collected 30k bones (~6k POFS) I would have more pofs bought from mira in the same time. And when I ask a little of help in guild I can get 1k pofs in lesser than 5 minutes now with new npc.