Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hydrogenium

Here's my idea for the story:

when passing through the fire cave and pk zone, you enter the realm of Mortos or some other evil diety. This diety tolerates you, but to attempt to harvest this ore, he must be placated with the sacrifice of a weapon. Weapons below S2E are not enough to placate him, and above dont buy more time, so S2E's are the obvious choice. Deus Ex Machina :confused:

I was just figuring that to harvest hydrogenium ore you needed a hydrogenium wedge that is destroyed in the process. and it just so happens that a steel 2-edged sword has the right properties to be a hydrogenium wedge.

Edited by Puntif

Hmm.. the story could be with the chems reaction between the sword and hydrogenium.. Hydro would just react with specific swords.. I'm not that good making stories.. just making an idea :P

i got an idea of the damage it causes

"A miner has broken a hydrogen gas hole in the cave while harvesting beacause of this gas all people in the cave has been poisoned and the gas did 30 hp damage on all players in the cave."

this is like the radon pouch thingy but much powerful then it is..

How is that idea?

"A miner has broken a hydrogen gas hole in the cave while harvesting beacause of this gas all people in the cave has been poisoned and the gas did 30 hp damage on all players in the cave."

How is that idea?

I study chems.. and i feel ashame when i will say that i dont know if hydro alone is poison :x . ok.. i said it.. lol

Anyways, if it isnt poison, can u change the poison by the "gas come out with so much pressure that it blow >players< face" :x lol... would be too mean i know :devlish:

Edited by Ruibinha

How is that idea?

I study chems.. and i feel ashame when i will say that i dont know if hydro alone is poison :x . ok.. i said it.. lol

Anyways, if it isnt poison, can u change the poison by the "gas come out with so much pressure that it blow >players< face" :x lol... would be too mean i know :devlish:

Hydro alone is not poison. Well at least we cannot say that. Because when it comes in contact with air it reacts very fast with the oxygen making water particles and releasing a huge quantity of energy. That is the principle of those new Hydrogenum engines. If you want to visualize the effect of a burst of Hydrogenum gas into air think at the space shuttle. Those tanks that make it boost out of earth are full one of oxygen and the other of hydrogenum.

I just remember that some years ago some scientist talked about having discovered the cold atomic fusion, where the reaction that normally belongs to nuclear fusion (2 hydr -> 1 Helium + energy) was thought to happen inside a special metal bar made of Palladium. The idea was that hydrogenum at high pressures could enter the metal bar. when pressures get high enugh, the hydrogenum changes into helium.

Those have been just rumors. Nothing has been confirmed since than, or at least I never heard of.

But the idea could be used as it matches almost perfectly the s2e case :icon13:

The hydrogen doesn't just burn in contact with the air (at least under normal conditions), it needs to ignite first.

hmm i guess i will get high mark in chems now :devlish: .

"The idea was that hydrogenum at high pressures could enter the metal bar" (from Nevyn) could be a good reason from the damage inside the cave (imho), it failed to transform in ores and then PUFF, hitted players body (or something like this :\ ).

I thought about explaining the "waste of s2e" in this way... like inside the caves will be hot, ppl could use the sword to make it very very very hot (in lava), then, they use the sword to melt some parts of hydro, and put it in the "bag". (melt the parts of ore which could be harvested).

Dunno if it helps :\ . I just thought about this.. maybe a stupid idea :P

Edit -> this is a game.. so i think everything can be possible :icon13:

Edited by Ruibinha

Was just an idea, and i think all ppl that said things in here about the stories and stuff, could be all applied, this is a game .. isnt it ? :devlish:

The funny thing of games is that "they" don't say what RL say.. at least for me. The stories that makes people laugh are better, most of the times, than logical ones :icon13:.

Tho, my ideas sucks in general, so i will prolly be quiet :x

The hydrogen doesn't just burn in contact with the air (at least under normal conditions), it needs to ignite first.

Ent is right, hydrogen needs something to ignite it, although if platium is present then it will react with the oxygen in air

@Ruibinha

And FYI, the cave the actual ore itself is Not hot and Not pk - although the way to reach it can be dangerous.

Edited by Alderan

Entropy, have you taken previously damaged s2e into account in this yet?

Just a thought...(coz you know damned WELL someone will try it to get a cheap ore)

@Ruibinha

And FYI, the cave the actual ore itself is Not hot and Not pk - although the way to reach it can be dangerous.

i was just giving an idea of the "hot thing", anyways, if i read well someone proposed to that cave be hot, thats why i gave that idea of what to say.

H2S Hydrogen Sulphide Gas.colourless,sweet taste,the smell of rotten eggs.Interferes with the bodie's ability to absorb oxygen.Acts a lot like Hydrogen cyanide.Desensitizes nasal passages so you don't realize you are poisoned/dieing.Confined spaces sometimes has caused explosions.

I am most likely dissalusioned but on the same note, isn't there no advantage to pkers for this. The only thing a pker would get out of it is an inventory full of s2e's, because anyone who is done harvesting their ore will just use a ring to go to storage. So the way i see it, it really doesnt benefit the pkers.

*ALL things said above are just an opinion*

Let the maple trees watch over you

Entropy, have you taken previously damaged s2e into account in this yet?

Just a thought...(coz you know damned WELL someone will try it to get a cheap ore)

Actually, I did consider making only the used s2e swords able to harvest the hydrogenium, but I thought that would be too evil.

I am most likely dissalusioned but on the same note, isn't there no advantage to pkers for this. The only thing a pker would get out of it is an inventory full of s2e's, because anyone who is done harvesting their ore will just use a ring to go to storage. So the way i see it, it really doesnt benefit the pkers.

Your oppinion is wrong.

The PKers can blackmail the harvesters, so that if they do not pay a fee, they will not be let to go harvest it.

I have a question. If someone has on a excavator cape while mining hydro, will they get two ore for one s2e?Ihey do, PK'ers could make a profit by killing the miners and getting their Excavator capes.Or would a Excavator cape mean that at the time it takes to mine on hydro, it uses 2 s2e and you get 2 hydro ore.

Actually, I did consider making only the used s2e swords able to harvest the hydrogenium, but I thought that would be too evil.

Its not too late to change your mind. Would be great to see everyone trying to get their swords to break. :P

Its not too late to change your mind. Would be great to see everyone trying to get their swords to break. :P

that would be funny, someone makes 100 s2e's and passes them out to guild mates to degrade it so he can go harvest hydro, actually, i really like that idea

I have a question. If someone has on a excavator cape while mining hydro, will they get two ore for one s2e?Ihey do, PK'ers could make a profit by killing the miners and getting their Excavator capes.Or would a Excavator cape mean that at the time it takes to mine on hydro, it uses 2 s2e and you get 2 hydro ore.

Very good question, we haven't decide yet.

In my opinion 2 ore 1 swords bc of what the excavetor perk is...

In my opinion 2 ore 1 swords bc of what the excavetor perk is...

I think the same, y else taking the risk to bring an exc cape with you? :D

Umm, how about I put the hydrogenium ore near Molgor, and make it not need any swords?

i dont know where molgor is so i cant comment on that part but at first i hated the idea of needing the swords to mine it, but after reading all this discussion on it i actually like the idea of needing them, ive actually started doing manu so that i can get to the point where i can make them, and in a side note making only the degraded ones able to harvest it would really be more benificial to guilds, they could make alot of swords and pass them out to members then give them a new one once the old one is degraded, so im up for still needing the swords wheather it needs just the degraded ones or the new ones.