Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

The hydrogenium

That is very cool of keeping the stuff rare but man that is for high leveled players and will be EXTREMLY rare no chance for me right now :D

also I here it's gunna be in pk maps why is it worth the risk?

Edited by Bleuren

s2e gonna be stackable now?

LOL

Of course not.

so 33 -35 ores is all we can get??? crazy....but not a bad crazy :D

That is very cool of keeping the stuff rare but man that is for high leveled players and will be EXTREMLY rare no chance for me right now :D

The ore will not be in a PK map, but to get to the ore you will need to go through a PK map.

As for the risk, just like in the real life, you don't have to take any risk if you don't like it.

Will the bars be added with the ore? Will any NPCs buy the bars? When will items using the new ore be added?

There's always peace day

:D

/edit: and imo I hope it stays uber expensive, everyone and their brother has plate atm

Edited by Arthur_Dent

Wow ..that seems a bit excessive... that will make a hydrog bar much more valuable than an efe... I hope that the new armour does not require many..or it will be only the rich and powerful that will have them...and will make all other items (like COL etc) seem like small change to buy..

But I suppose that is the intention..so no point sulking over it... It just appears that with all the restrictions put on the harvest etc..certain people who bought the top level fighters will be able to bully the rest of EL... this will not encourage 'politics' ..It will lead to a dictatorship. :D

That is very cool of keeping the stuff rare but man that is for high leveled players and will be EXTREMLY rare no chance for me right now :(

The ore will not be in a PK map, but to get to the ore you will need to go through a PK map.

As for the risk, just like in the real life, you don't have to take any risk if you don't like it.

That encourages us to get our stats up... because you go in to mine it the pk people will just sit outside and wait for you to come through and then just kill you and get the ore themselfs unless you use teliport rings or magic :D you clever one you want us to up all of our skills to do this sneaky sneaky. Nice way to keep us busy :P

...umm maybe you should read the LINK he posted above.. like read the entire thing and you will know why

i read the post thats why i posed my question about will the s2e's be stackable...with them not being stackable, you can get but a max of 35 ores at a time...which will kee it rare...but tedious

Wolf, that means you would hav eto work together with your guild, kind of like king of the hill for the best ore ingame

i was talking to bluern guy not you, he said is it worth it, if he read the post he would know what there purpose was

Edited by chaoogie

Guest Trojan_Knight

I am a little twisted on this idea I guess you could say. Although a super rare item in my eyes is always a ton better then a item that was rare that no longer is. So with that said, I'm leaning more towards the GREAT IDEA side..

Just wondering, since the item that is going to be spent isnt stackable or etc. Doe this mean the ore isnt going to be stackable either?

Regards,

TK

@SharkBite: So you imply that only very few people will be able to harvest it, and those are the rich kids that spend a lot of real money on the game? I tend to disagree, at least 10% of the people will be able to harvest it, most of them who never paid one dime for this game (maybe1% of the players pay us anything).

@Trojan_Knight: The ore will be stackable.

Oh well.. I suppose it took me a long time before I even owned a plate armour set... so I can wait just as long for the new armour...(I actually made my own first plate set....so that gives an idea of how long i took to get plate torso :D )

@SharkBite: So you imply that only very few people will be able to harvest it, and those are the rich kids that spend a lot of real money on the game? I tend to disagree, at least 10% of the people will be able to harvest it, most of them who never paid one dime for this game (maybe1% of the players pay us anything).

I would donate if I had a credit card or Western Union wasn't so dang expensive on the sending money fee :D

PK-politics - I have said this before, I say it again - why not make the entire game PK, and forget these special things? Probably for the same reason why I'm not too keen on this idea as stands - the game mechanics aren't quite ready for it, IMO - unless all you want is an unmoderated bloodbath.

I see it like this, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but here goes - this ore is in one particular spot, behind a choke-point where PKers can camp and extort. If you want the ore, you either pay off the PKers, hope for speed, or buy it from someone who had to pay off the PKers. Few people will be good enough friends with all of the high level people to get in, leading to problems along the "have a friend guard you" tactic. Then, manufactors have s2e's to sell - those will get sold, used up, or become PKer drops before they approach the ore... more money, unless you are your own sword maker.

As I see it, the game's going to become more dependent on flower-camping for money.

That's my honest opinion - people who bought $1500 characters in the top a/d levels now have an even better investment on their hands.

Sorry ent..I was talking about ingame wealth not real money.....

The only advantage that money in real world would have would be from those that bought the top fighting characters....and that does not mean they are 'rich'... as a few hundred dollars does not make a person rich..(but ingame .. a few hundred k gc ..does make you rich. yeh yeh..I know...Go harvest flowers for a month..then we can all buy the armour :P ............well mabey 3 months :D )

That's my honest opinion - people who bought $1500 characters in the top a/d levels now have an even better investment on their hands.

Yes and these people did not put any time or effort into leveling that character... so i dont think they would care about the time and effort that goes into either making swords (including manu skill, books read ,ore gathering etc.) and also the cost of reading the Hydrogenium books (time included) only to find that you have to sweat blood to get at the stuff...

Oh and what is to say that you wont get pked after you pay a fee, harvest the ore... lose your s2e's ..to a guy who paid real money for a character..who now does not even need to get the knowledge to harvest the stuff himself.

All i can see this causing is more pain..and a flood of complaints in Outlaws.

I see it like this, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right, but here goes - this ore is in one particular spot, behind a choke-point where PKers can camp and extort. If you want the ore, you either pay off the PKers, hope for speed, or buy it from someone who had to pay off the PKers. Few people will be good enough friends with all of the high level people to get in, leading to problems along the "have a friend guard you" tactic. Then, manufactors have s2e's to sell - those will get sold, used up, or become PKer drops before they approach the ore... more money, unless you are your own sword maker.

Isn't paying protection fees to the PKers how things work in a certain country?

We pay about 10% of what we make so that our professional PKers go and kill people around the world. Yet you don't complain about that, and even support them...

You ever get the feeling the .... is about to hit the fan?

:\ Well, mixing harvesting&Pking in el, is like mixing Democrats and Rebublicans in my opionun, Your only going to get a list of hellish situations since Harvesters and Pkers are complete opisites most of the time, and Im sure im not the only one who thinks that the s2e Per,Is enough crap to deal with harevsting ore :\

-Mid