Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Lord of the flies day

Um, you guys bitch when the game goes more towards benefiting fighters, but when an army of noobs can go team up on someone who's peaceful, but just happens to have 60/61 a/d, it's okay?

If you removed the flames forums because it broke apart the community, then how do you think the community is going to feel when a bunch of asses run around killing each other?

I don't see much use of this day, especially if its only those with 120+ a/d. If it were 70 or 80/80 a/d, I think its more worthwhile.

Placid, a+d>120. Means 70/70, 80/80, and 60/61 are all gonna be PKable.

I'm already getting to the point that I dislike where we're headed, if all we want to do is turn EL into a hack-slasher. I really can see no point to this idea but to encourage hack-slash gaming. But, if that's what you want, I guess we still have the ol' "vote with your log-ins".

This is going to be a rare day, not your every day gamestyle.

And for those who dislike it, they can just not play for one day.

As for EL being a hack and slash game? Just see how many people go to PK maps.

Well i very much dislike this day too, as you say, it forces most people to either log off or go afk on IP for 6 hours, if you happen to come home from a long day of work and find your beloved EL "closed" due to such a day that just HAS to piss ppl off.

I happened to have my only real spare time last week exactly during the peace day and all i wanted to do was train a little bit... i cannot stress enough how disappointed i was.

Why not make those events 1 hour long instead of 6 hours? everybody can find something to do for 1 hour, but 6 hours is more than what an average player has in one piece to spend on EL, those people are really suffering from such a day.

I guess this is fair, that's what we told people who don't like Peace Day, Fasting Day, Labor Day, etc... but you did ask for opinions.

I see the people who go to PK maps; I also see the people who avoid them. for whatever reason. I also see the people who like to laugh at the people that have to kill anything that moves just because they can.

well yeah maybe the time of it is too long...people will be camping at the boat of wsc/ip/other teleport areas just stopping ppl from playing the whole day, an hour or 2 would rock tho :whistle:

Well, we'll have ether that or the new 1337 ores will be in a PK cave.

Because it is my impression that we have very little PvP in the game.

That's because the long promised karma system never came :whistle:

there is no downside to killing much weaker players, so that's what certain players do, ruining the fun of PvP for everybody else.

if they would at least suffer from bad karma like you wanted to implement it originally, they would maybe think twice to kill a harvester for the fun of it, or even worse 2 weaker players who train.

Let me point on something else to think concerning that day:

Thats free training near storage for those who have already a lot of XP.

Could be good, could be bad..

Piper

I find it really humours and sad at how many people don't take into consideration the fact that it's a RARE DAY!

that's not really the issue though

okay, how many people have a+d or 120 or more? a lot. so everyone in that group has to either be able to handle multiple fights, stay on IP (shyeah, that's really an option for fighters... and can you guess how bad it'll be for the newbs to have all those peeved high level people about?), or log off

now, I don't fight much, but I'm still not that far away. mind you, I can kill ogres barehanded. which means that taking neg perks in order to have p/c instead of a/d for fighting is about to become even more attractive. whoops.

the fact that it might happen only once a RL month isn't the point. the fact that fighters (and even those who don't fight much but have been playing a while) are being told to get offline or die (well, it's close) is the issue.

oh, and another point, consider the RP. my character, as a draegoni, does not PK (except under certain conditions where it may be required to save the life of an innocent)

this idea will certainly ruin the RP as well (which used to be important)

But that's their choice... just like the other random days, there's always a choice. Sometimes the options are not the best, but they are not that bad for everyone.

This rare day won't give you any good choice for lots of people. It will be like, fight, log off or stay on IP training with the bunnies...

maybe you should leave 1 map with storage that is safe. WS for example so you can go to a storage after you die

Either that, or have an exclusion zone around WS docks (if that can be implemented) so that people can actually get off IP.

I think it might actually be kinda fun to try to see how far I can get through the onslaught... kinda like me running naked into KF or during invasions (although there was one invasion I could help out at - I killed wolves, yay!).

Anyway, slaughter on the WS docks is pointless. We need to at least be able to get off IP.

Well..not a problem for those who dont like that redicilous cowardish senseless ( ;) ) weaker player killing like in pk maps. Just a good chance to use alt chars and see how those "bravehearts" run after "rabbits" trying to get their stuff because thats the only way for them to make money and get stuff..:ppppp

Or then just have a holiday and do something "real"..

What is the rational behind allowing stronger (A/D) characters to pick on weaker ones? Isn't this just 'Bully Day'?

I could have understood it being the other way around -- weaker characters 'taking a chance' against a stronger one (with a requirement of, say, +20 A/D).

Although the non-PK's will still have to log off...

Ah, for some reason I though the PK-able threshold was 100 and the PK-ing threshold 120; not the single threshold for both categories.

Edited by trollson

What is the rational behind allowing stronger (A/D) characters to pick on weaker ones? Isn't this just 'Bully Day'?

...to add a "Lord of the flies" day, in which every player with an attack+defense>120 will be PKable in any map except for the underworld and IP.

How can someone pick weaker players if s/he is pkable?

That means that you can team up on the stronger players and whack their 455 on nearly every map.

And that means, that such ppl can then train at storages.

And, keeping in mind that such a day *MAY* happen, going AFK for the stronger chars will become then a little bit more interesting, since a group of n00bs can now take turns on them when theyre AFK :-)

Piper

And, keeping in mind that such a day *MAY* happen, going AFK for the stronger chars will become then a little bit more interesting, since a group of n00bs can now take turns on them when theyre AFK :-)

No, not a group of n00bs, cause:

However, only players with an attack+defense>120 will be able to initiate the fight, so someone with a smaller attack+defense will not be able to attack you.

So if I understand it right, this day only affects the stronger players.

Depends on your definition of "n00b" and "stronger players".

I'm no pker, but 60/60 a/d isn't strong imo. Not that my stats are hugely better, nor do I consider myself a "stronger player". Take a peek at the top 200 even in a/d.

Guest Enyo

Depends on your definition of "n00b" and "stronger players".

I'm no pker, but 60/60 a/d isn't strong imo. Not that my stats are hugely better, nor do I consider myself a "stronger player". Take a peek at the top 200 even in a/d.

Thats true Aislinn.. I'm 92/97 ad and I don't even consider myself a stronger player...plus allot also has to do with certain attributes.

Edit: That top 50 list needs to be updated badly.. 1/4 of the names there no longer exist.

Edited by Enyo

Guest stalag

"Edit: That top 50 list needs to be updated badly.. 1/4 of the names there no longer exist."

But if they are there that's because no one from lower rank have passed them i guess.

"I'm 92/97 ad and I don't even consider myself a stronger player"

err....right....it's nice to write that but at that a/d you are a strong player like it or not.