Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

For our beloved friends, the macroers

Why all the chances to post etc.? It has been against the rules do the things you've (Ent) mentioned for the last two years or more. As long as I've been playing. I say no chances at all. Post there names and reset their characters. People are going to continue to break rules until someone puts their foot down.

i think several use macro and of course it's against the rule and not fair for who play and spend time to work on skills.

Imagine all work needed to find all with all new players and all alt chars.

I'm sure they are fed up look at that part of cheaters, macroers can help them by tell here they do, all will win time and macroer's can have a second chance, it's really nice from Entropy i think.

and for the point of view, it's impossible to find them, i'm pretty sure they can but macroers can bet ;)

If I was smart enough to code a macro I would probably create my own game like learner.

The ants should be put on the list because they are a macro!

Why am I giving them a chance? Because, well, I know that they won't take it anyway. Which will make reseting their levels so much more satisfying ;)

BTW, contact your moded client maker (you know who they are) and ask them if the client you are using includes ANY macroing or automatization.

Different meshes or bmp files are ok, to a certain extent (such as, no invisible textures, etc.)

I used TC client before the update. I know that its illegal now because of bugs (or it might not even work - I don't know because I never tried it after the update).

I just want to be clear on this. Using that client now is illegal. When I was using it before the update does not matter in this thread? I never had the illegal versions of tc client.

Ok, so let me get this straight. We are not allowed to use the cave and underworld maps from the *O* site? I asked a mod a few days after the release and was told as long as it wasn't the main maps that it was ok. If it is not then I will remove them immediately.

*prays that this minor infraction does not harbor the penalty of stat wipe or reduction.*

*edit* btw, I am running the official client and only have the map for the tit mine in portland and the cc, and mm cave maps.*

Edited by LadyWolf

I used TC client before the update.  I know that its illegal now because of bugs (or it might not even work - I don't know because I never tried it after the update).

I just want to be clear on this.  Using that client now is illegal.  When I was using it before the update does not matter in this thread? I never had the illegal versions of tc client.

203600[/snapback]

no one can use TC client now. It hasn't been updated for quite some time, and of course it is illegal atm.

-kat

Why all the chances to post etc.? It has been against the rules do the things you've (Ent) mentioned for the last two years or more. As long as I've been playing. I say no chances at all. Post there names and reset their characters. People are going to continue to break rules until someone puts their foot down.

203571[/snapback]

teh g0d ent has spoken!! now be teh silent <_<

headlessvader4wv.png

If by invisible mesh you meant something like that, then I did, I removed it now. Please dont punish me if it was agaisnt the rules! I didn't know. :)

Ok, so let me get this straight. We are not allowed to use the cave and underworld maps from the *O* site? I asked a mod a few days after the release and was told as long as it wasn't the main maps that it was ok.  If it is not then I will remove them immediately. 

*prays that this minor infraction does not harbor the penalty of stat wipe or reduction.*

*edit* btw, I am running the official client and only have the map for the tit mine in portland and the cc, and mm cave maps.*

203607[/snapback]

As for the modfied clients, like I said, we only get really pissed off when they have some automatization or macroing built in them. Changing how the client looks, like using a different BMP for the interface, or even making your own TAB map, that's ok, to some extent.

But having other shit in the client, such as auto heal and stuff is not ok.

203568[/snapback]

hth

Ok, so let me get this straight. We are not allowed to use the cave and underworld maps from the *O* site?

The maps from *O* site were removed when the test week began.

Maps

No maps during the test period.

Are you saying Rogue that people who used maps for caves/non maped areas will get Stat's reduction for it?

Just trying to get it clarified what punishment if any you are going to deal out to the 90ish% of the el players that used maps for those areas, and if you have a way of proving that they where used besides confessions

I see this

As for the modfied clients, like I said, we only get really pissed off when they have some automatization or macroing built in them. Changing how the client looks, like using a different BMP for the interface, or even making your own TAB map, that's ok, to some extent.But having other shit in the client, such as auto heal and stuff is not ok.

and I see this..

Maps

No maps during the test period.

Entropy says even making your own TAB map, that's ok, to some extent, but Mihaim says no maps....I'm so confused...I'm like Ember, I wanna know if there is gonna be a punishment for using them.

The .bmp maps are ok to change...BUT..if you report bugs because of it or because of altering any .bmp or 3d obj. or map file, then we will be very pissed off because you would have wasted our time PLUS you are also taking away from the development of the game because instead of helping us test the new things in the official release you're just messing it up.

This does not mean you get stats reduction however..just get put on our ignore lists and remembered as a really annoying sob.

i want to know the same thing as ladywolf and ember as i have been using teh map of NC cave(the non pk one),

edit: sorry posted at teh same time as Roja did

Edited by Scrambbller

Hell I cant even tell what i should confess too from all this. A week is 7 days and the test week was up when i tried some other clients that were stable. I think I have always had extra maps but not sure. I dont PK so I dont know if any client I tried had aut-healing in it. They prob did. I know one of them had extra bags marked and extra zoom. Can we get some kind of clue as to what we need to confess too? I dont know how long I have played this game and have always played it fair and square I thought. But after reading this thread I feel like I have cheated but I find out after the rules have changed. I never went to sleep and let my char gain xp or left the kb but I have used an auto clicker back when harvesting was one click one item. Can we get a little clue what you want a confession of? I mean I could confess all my sins here but I doubt the post would be done by Monday. If the mods feel people have done something wrong then why wait for a confession tell us NOW so that we can stop it. I have seen more people than I can count break rules and be allowed to rejoin the game and they were at least warned at the time. If i would have been warned that they were illegeal or whatever Id have stopped using them but the client was unstable as released and I as you all know play a LOT and I wanted something that stayed connected. When I found out they were illegeal I stopped using them. I dont know what maps are and are not illegeal nor how to tell. I think that a little guidence by the mods on this may help those that are as confused as me. I installed the d/l and patch from el but after the 7 days i also d/l maps and other clients that were more stable and worked. I DID NOT do it to cheat but did do it because they worked better. I worked very hard and very fairly (I think) to get where my char is and now this post seems to me that I will be losing quite a bit if not everything becuase of ambiguity in the rules. At any rate I await my punishment or clearing from blame. Either way I have enjoyed the game very much up until this release spending prob as much time here as the devs and I dare say the implementors.

Edited by dlerch

and I see this..

<quote omitted>

Entropy says even making your own TAB map, that's ok, to some extent, but Mihaim says no maps....I'm so confused...I'm like Ember, I wanna know if there is gonna be a punishment for using them.

203903[/snapback]

Lady,

The "no maps during the test period" quote you saw is from the *O* guild's map download page here (Click the "Maps, Detailed" link in the navbar on the left.). They had offered some nice maps for most of the caves, mines, and castles in Seridia, but being good citizens of Eternal Lands they removed them for the testing period and put up that notice. They were just .bmp files that were displayed when you hit the Tab key in one of the indoor locations, although they did show the locations of some harvestable resources.

I liked using them because it was possible to map-walk through some of the more elaborate places (like the Underworld, for example). I didn't add them to my update folder because the official word was "no modded clients, no additional maps" for the duration of the testing. I could argue that using the .bmp maps wouldn't affect the testing since nobody else could see them and as long as I didn't report any bugs involving them (which Roja insists will bring a curse on me as dire as if I had killed a unicorn). However, these maps don't reflect some of the changes that have occurred, and it would be easy to miss some of the new features. So I'm not messing with third-party maps until the all-clear has sounded.

Well, maybe the Underworld map... (grin) But if I get caught and punished, it's because I deserve it.

Dave

I agree with some of the others who have posted, the developers have been so fickle and hazy about exactly WHAT is illegal, we need a clear and consice list that tells each specific client change that would be considered illegal.

After thinking about it some. I have come up with an idea maybe their should be a dev board or section just for them and an account here say dev_board that speaks as one person. I mean we dont even know who all the devs are and who the mods are anymore. It is not posted anywhere so we dont even know who to listen to if it is not ent or roja.

You all are getting two different issues confused.

The first was for testing the update. That is where the "no custom made maps of any sort" came into play, for the reasons roja stated above. We have wasted a LOT of time fixing "bugs" that really weren't bugs, but were people using the wrong maps, or custom made maps based on old incorrect maps. As of now, the "test week" is NOT over yet. Yes it was longer than a clinical 7 days, but you were all told ahead of time that was an estimate. You all also were told that we would announce loud and clear when we considered the testing time over.

So final analysis on maps: NO, not yet.

Second is the illegal client issue entropy brings to light in this thread. Nothing to do with maps. This is about automated no-no's. Things like auto-heal, auto-eat, goodies like that. Read his post for the specific no-no's. He said custom maps are ok, but that is in general terms, having nothing to do with testing the update, which we are still doing.

So final analysis: you better not have an illegal client that auto-anythings unless it came with the client you downloaded from ent's other thread.

After thinking about it some. I have come up with an idea maybe their should be a dev board or section just for them and an account here say dev_board that speaks as one person.  I mean we dont even know who all the devs are and who the mods are anymore. It is not posted anywhere so we dont even know who to listen to if it is not ent or roja.

203918[/snapback]

There is a website with the list, and a Rules section. Both are kept up to date. You have no excuses..you know very well what macroing and automation is.

When you installed the fucking game, you had to read and agree with the fucking rules. If you didn't read them it doesn't mean they don't apply to you.

While I am personally willing to 'look the other way' when it comes to minor things like modified tab maps, or some modified textures for items, interface, etc. I am NOT willing to look the other way when it comes to ANY kind of automatization, no matter how minor that is.

It's allover the fucking rules that you are not allowed to do that, and I don't believe in the excuse "the official client was crappy so I had to use a 1337 macroing client". The patch that I posted soon after the update fixed most of the issues.