Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Wytter

Goodbye all

Hey all,

As many of you may know by now, I am leaving for the military tomorrow morning.

A little over 4 months ago I was given a nice invitation of the army to join their forces, unless I wanted to go to jail for 4 months - now, it's hard to say no to such invitation so I decided to show up.

I will be serving in the artillery forces during the next 4 months and will be back in June. Hopefully I'll be able to continue client development by then, but I will have a lot more to do since I will be moving to Copenhagen as well. I will be back however, but do not expect me to contribute in the same amount as I have been the last 2 months.

To the other programmers - I've been very happy to get the opportunity to work with you and to get to know you - I've definately learned a lot during my time of helping developing the EL client, and I am grateful for being given this opportunity to improve my programming skills in a well-functioning project.

To the other EL contributers - Keep discussing how you think everything could be done better; but have patience as it may take a while before anything gets implemented, since the programming team is not that huge.

To my friends in EL - I've been very glad to get to know you; Will look forward to speak with you again when I come back. Some of you have my mail, feel free to mail me from time to time B)

To Lotharion: Beware the pies of march. Keep it stiff man ;-)

To everyone else - Bis bald, Vi ses snart, Ser deg snart, Até logo, Tot ziens, A presto, à bientôt, See you soon B)

Hasta la victoria siempre

Take good care out there wytter :huh:

EG and EL will miss you :(

chin up tho: 4 months is not very long, you will be back in no time :P

All the best in the future. Sad to see ya leave. Hopefully you'll be back and rearing to code in June :huh:

Best of luck!

Omg, you guys have an army?! j/k :huh:

We still haven't forgotten that we lost Skåne, Halland and Blekinge... But seeing that they can't even speak understandable swedish, we'll let you keep them.

see ya!

and look at the bright side, u'll get tuff and chicks like soldiers :huh:

i think you made the right choice....come back soon....hey we should have a giant el parade when he comes back:P

Watch yourself out there, and remember.. it's plunder the *houses* and ravage the *women* - don't get it the wrong way round like I did :)

Eternal Lands will be made safer by your training.. I vote that on your return you get an extra 30 A/D levels..

Oh Wyttie play safe be safe and come back well!!

:) emby :(

Good luck in the military :( I still don't understand why there is still mandatory military service on civilized european countries :(

And come back safe and soon, we still have many things to do on BM :(

Best of luck Wytter, and be sure to let us know all your army stories :(

Hope to see you back soon,

Grum

I will be serving in the artillery forces during the next 4 months and will be back in June. Hopefully I'll be able to continue client development by then, but I will have a lot more to do since I will be moving to Copenhagen as well. I will be back however, but do not expect me to contribute in the same amount as I have been the last 2 months.

Wytter's in the same branch as me. :P Artillery is fun, especially if your country is developing ROVIs or uses the M109 series. Have fun blowing up enemies from 15 miles away Wytter. :D We're all waiting for you to come home.

I hope you will have a good time there, and hope you will make a lot of money :)

And when you get the chance, post on the forums to let us know how it is going.

cya wytter... have fun and stay safe... :)