Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Tico

Guild Creations

My sugestion is to raise the eeded minimum level in one skill to create a guild.

Why?

There are now too many guild is game... is that a problem? not realy, but we have a realy large amout of players in the actual required levels... i think guild creations should be a more restricted thing, to players that are more time involved with EL...

I dont know what the comunity think about it, but i think that having a realy large number of guilds isnt that good.

raising the required level to create it would make things a bit harder, and only active pelyer will be able to create it. I think level 60 in one skill would be a good level!

Regards

I dont know what the comunity think about it, but i think that having a realy large number of guilds isnt that good.

Why don't you list the reasons why it isn't that good.

Previously discussed in "limited guilds".

If there is a problem (and I cannot actually see one [1]), upping level requirements in a game where levels are rising all the time is never more than a temporary fix.

It would be more interesting to have Guilds develop and be built up over time, analogous to character development. This is discussed in the aforementioned topic.

[1] Why should the number of members a guild has be a measure of its success?

Edited by trollson

Why don't you list the reasons why it isn't that good.

Ok

1- Too many guilds means you will never know then all, making the politics game features harder to be dealed with

2- Guild ruled by "noobs", one of the best things in EL is the large amount of mature players, i know its is far from 100% but close to 40%... once you have guild ruled by non mature players, it creates a comunity where younger players will "learn" how to play in a bad way.

3- Having a smaller amout of guilds help to the comunity organizate themself to run events, activities, wars, friedships. Incriasing the Role in a RPG game, making it more fun

4- Having guild ruled only by old players (old in game i mean) you will be sure that all players that join a guild will have access to more experienced (in game) ppl, i think that most of ppl that leaves EL leaves cause they dont know all features in game and all they can take from it. Having direct access to someone that tell you how you can do people would have the sight of how FUN is EL.

5- Its all IMO.

I agree with the part about people with no clue running a guild... I mean, on channel 4, there are sometimes guild masters, not just rank 19, but 20's, who don't know the guild commands, and can't figure out that they're in the help...

however, on size, the fact that there are many small ones means a lot of failures, which means the money is taken out (although if it cost more, the money taken out of the economy might not change much)

on the third hand, this might just make it more common for high level players to sell guilds to lusers who lack sufficient clue to be able to read, and possibly be scammed in the process

Edited by ttlanhil

I agree with Tico.

3- Having a smaller amout of guilds help to the comunity organizate themself to run events, activities, wars, friedships. Incriasing the Role in a RPG game, making it more fun

Expecially that point would increase. Youger players who join a relatively large guild are influended in a good way by more experienced, and maybe older, players.

I wouldnt mind for a example, a lvl 100 needed and 500k gc, for creating a guild. This way guilds wont be disbanded fast, and people wont make useless guilds where they just get as much members as they can.

Wars would be better too, bigger groups, now wars are pretty hard to do, since max numbers of members on in a guild is something like 15, I hardly ever seen more than that on at a time.

Cities might could help with this too.

At least 30k gc is too little gc, a player can make a char, neg it, harv coal, and problably end up with 30k within his first day of playing. (if he knows what to do of course)

I agree with all of the above as well.

Also I would like to see guilds not able to be sold to people who do not meet the requirements to make a guild.

stuff

I wouldnt mind for a example, a lvl 100 needed and 500k gc, for creating a guild.

more stuff

Level 100 is a bit extreme...so you have to be a top 50 player in order to create a guild? I would rather see it require a skill over 40 other than Harvesting. That would eliminate a lot of folks that just run the quickest skill up to 40 while still not having too big of an obstacle to those of us who choose to diversify our skills. Another possibility I would think not too bad would be require OA over 60 or 80. After a reset, 60 or 80 OA comes quick if you prepare for it but getting that high the first time can take a while.

harv? quickest? hah! it's easy to get it to 20, but 40 takes a while. a/d or alch can get there far faster. but it is a pretty passive skill, so you don't necessarily stop being a newbie just harvesting toadstools in votd to sell to potioners day after day (and boy, is that fun :) )

I'd go with something like any of the following:

60 for a/d, harv, alch

50 for mag, pot

45 for sum, man, cra (and maybe eng, dunno yet)

45 for sum and craft would put you in top 100s =)

i think 30 for skills 60s for alch harvest and 60s for a/d would be good

I do not see any good reason for raising skill-level required for making a guild. Current one is pretty good.

Eternal Lands is lacking something other MMORPG games have - parties - where few player form a party (ANYONE can do it, anytime, and it is free of charge), and thay they go together and hunt, or PK. Being part of a party means that they will share experience gained, based on what they did (fair share).

Sure, EL does not have this because EL players can do this without forming a party.

In some way parties are similar to guilds, but guild is something much larger. I actually think having so many guilds makes the game more fun.

then you haven't spent a lot of time in a too-quiet guild :)

a lot of new guilds fold after not too long; and those in it, unless they're excited about being high rank in a guild, will generally not like it since it's too quiet (no social aspect t being in a guild makes it pretty pointless, IMO)

reducing the number of guilds a bit will prevent the occasional-guild, and slow down the newbies who think they have to own (not be part of) a guild right from the start of the game (the sort of person who probably has little idea how to make a guild interesting for its members)

We don't need a big change to the guild creation requirements to see the effect.

The current requirements are a skill >= 39 and 30K. Just increase it to >=49 and 50K (or perhaps simply >=50 and 50K, easier to remember). Then give it a couple months to see the effects in the game. If there's no effect, increase it a bit more. If there's just a little reduction in guild thrashing, then the goal has been achieved. If the effect is huge, then back it off a bit (say 45/40K).

But I also agree that a bit higher requirements would be a good thing.

harv? quickest? hah! it's easy to get it to 20, but 40 takes a while. a/d or alch can get there far faster. but it is a pretty passive skill, so you don't necessarily stop being a newbie just harvesting toadstools in votd to sell to potioners day after day (and boy, is that fun :) )

I'd go with something like any of the following:

60 for a/d, harv, alch

50 for mag, pot

45 for sum, man, cra (and maybe eng, dunno yet)

I'll use my rankings as an example. With Harvest my second highest skill (39), it is my LOWEST ranking skill by a fairly significant margin.

Maybe a better answer than using a skill level is to use Ranking? Must be on a top 500 (or 200?) list to create a guild? Then you encourage folks to train some of the less used skills and make it harder to make a guild in general.

Maybe a better answer than using a skill level is to use Ranking?

I dont think ranking should be used for this, 1st of all because its not part of the database, it isnt a game feature and is something that changes all the time. Skill/OA level is more efective.