Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Guild merchant NPC testing

Ok, the selling part is implemented, as is the auctioning. I want them tested before I move to the Buy part (if there is enough popular demand for that).

Who can test it:

Everyone who wants and has the ubber technical ability to use the test server (port 2001)

Who SHOULD test it: Any guild that plans to buy an NPC for ingame money.

Currently there are two of them, in IP on the test server.

Money is available for those who want to test it.

Please report any bugs here. In case there are bugs, you want to report them rather than wait for it to go in the normal server and then exploit the bugs. Because if you do that you get banned.

By default, only those with a guild rank greater than 18 can test most of the function, so talk with your guildmaster or make a new guild or something.

Thank you!

P.S. If you don't know how to go on the test server, don't ask, it means you shouldn't go there.

(TC) has controll of both npc's, is there a way of resetting the server or createing a lot more npc's for us to test it?

If possible would it be possible to give some more gold to all people with accounts there a fiew thousand gold.

i have 50k there but would that be enough for createing a guild (seing our guild doesn't have a leader there) and purchaseing the npc's?

(TC) has controll of both npc's, is there a way of resetting the server or createing a lot more npc's for us to test it?

I believe there to be another test at the same time as the one today/yesterday. Unfortunatly, due to working on Trin, and simply being tired. I can't recall when it actually happened, only that I was there, and they actually weren't both bought by TC, that was a bug.

Hmmm, this is starting to sound like early morning... probably around 9am-10am.

If possible would it be possible to give some more gold to all people with accounts there a fiew thousand gold.

i have 50k there but would that be enough for createing a guild (seing our guild doesn't have a leader there) and purchaseing the npc's?

I secured a reasonable fortune with which we can bid... I just don't have a high enough rank, so I'll have to transfer some to. Come back into IRC so we can work it out. :-)

Hmmm, this is starting to sound like early morning... probably around 9am-10am.

Actually... it was done after this post was put up some time. So not so early morning (but still early!)... probably closer to 12:30-1pm AEST.

Would be nice to know where the NPCs are, couldn't find 'em when I looked :D

NVM, I found them.

Edited by Placid

By default, only those with a guild rank greater than 18 can test most of the function...

I went to have a talk with them as a rank 5. There's a "buy" option, but nothing to buy (which I guess makes sense if my rank is to low, but it's not very helpful). The other option is "Just passing by", but selecting that doesn't do anything. They don't say "bye" or anything, it just stays at that screen.

Yea, real minor, but it's all I found so far.

Edit:

I've been changed to a rank 18 on the test server and I still can't see any options, buy anything, or see any "help" or "place a bid" as Aislinn talks about.

So, is this a defect, or am I simply missing something obvious?

Edited by bkc56

I think the "help" option should be in the first bunch of options, not come up AFTER you click "place a bid".

By default, only those with a guild rank greater than 18 can test most of the function...

I went to have a talk with them as a rank 5. There's a "buy" option, but nothing to buy (which I guess makes sense if my rank is to low, but it's not very helpful). The other option is "Just passing by", but selecting that doesn't do anything. They don't say "bye" or anything, it just stays at that screen.

Yea, real minor, but it's all I found so far.

Edit:

I've been changed to a rank 18 on the test server and I still can't see any options, buy anything, or see any "help" or "place a bid" as Aislinn talks about.

So, is this a defect, or am I simply missing something obvious?

those npcs are already sold, auction over, that help was for the process of the bidding.

I went to have a talk with them as a rank 5. There's a "buy" option, but nothing to buy (which I guess makes sense if my rank is to low, but it's not very helpful).

Well, what else do you expect as a rank 5? Being able to administer them?

Well, what else do you expect as a rank 5? Being able to administer them?

Nope, just test them as requested. I just appears my tests as rank 5 and later as rank 18 were to little, to late.

And if you were referring to the "not very helpful" part, that was due to the NPCs providing a "buy" option when there was nothing to buy. Made it hard to test the selling part which was stated to be implemented.

Edited by bkc56

It is impossible for the NPC to know if it has something to sell to you (since this is a multiuser enviroment).

Of course, under real life situations, the NPC will always have something to sell, otherwise what's the point in getting one?

Then you will be automagically announced

I guess that's a typo in the npc help option :blink:

You never heard of automagically?! :blink::omg: It's an EL standard!

*cough*Do a search*cough*

Decebal said it was selling stars med book. When i tried to buy it it said:

"Unfortunately, this item is no longer available. Either that or it was never avaiable, and you are an asshole cheater."

lol :D

There was nobody around btw, so it cant have been that someone else quickly bought it right before me.

---

edit: correct message now, including the avaiable typo

Edited by Nidan

whoo, I rule. broke it in under a minute (heh)

I have rank 19 in my guild. now, it said that only guildmasters can change the admin level... but I clicked to change it to 20, and it accepted that (and of course I can't change it back)

people shouldn't be able to set the required level above their own guild level, IMO

it also didn't have a "oops, nevermind" option on the change-admin-level page, which is part of why I went ahead and clicked

I have rank 19 in my guild. now, it said that only guildmasters can change the admin level... but I clicked to change it to 20, and it accepted that (and of course I can't change it back)

people shouldn't be able to set the required level above their own guild level, IMO

it also didn't have a "oops, nevermind" option on the change-admin-level page, which is part of why I went ahead and clicked

Wait, I don't get it.

You, as a level 19, had the access to "change access level" feature?

Wait, I don't get it.

You, as a level 19, had the access to "change access level" feature?

Yeah, same here - we both are level 19 in our guild (AID). However, since I didn't do what he did, I didn't think anything of using that feature and if I should be able to or not...