Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Infamous

quests

more quests with a really exciting story and make it worth doing it with better prizes

(like the wraith one isn't really worth doing since you only get 1000 exp in a skill you choose, in the time doing it i could have gotten 100 times more exp with training ;/ )

Afaik, more quests are to be added soon.

Wraith quest is newbie quest, and 1k xp isn't that bad for newbies.

Thank you for this post. Did you think no more quests were going to be added :confused:

hi. i have a good idea. there should be a quest something like: kill top ten a/d in one week and u will have some great reward :)

Edited by Istiach

hi. i have a good idea. there should be a quest something like: kill top ten a/d in one week and u will have some great reward :)

215917[/snapback]

Heh. Not only hard to do. Also hard to implement. :P Have you tried your hand at Quest writing? Look around they are always looking for more quest writers (Though this idea needs to be formed ;P)

will those advanced quest be worth doing?

like a very good award if you succeed doing it

Edited by Hardcore

will those advanced quest be worth doing?

like a very good award if you succeed doing it

216024[/snapback]

The award will correlate to the difficulty involved.

The harder the quest the bigger reward. And remeber the reward can also be the fact that you accomplished the quest.

The award will correlate to the difficulty involved.

I hope that "difficulty" does not simply imply having more people to talk to and therefore more endless walking around the map trying to find them. I'd like to see more quests that aren't simply a long chain of people to find.

Also, when a quest asks for something (like the 5 silver rings for the crafting quest) it would be nice if you had to actually make them rather than simply buying them from someone. I've seen too many requests to buy a large number of some item - it's obvious they're buying something for a quest where the intent was probably that you be able to make them yourself.

Can't quests be written such that you have to make the item in the presence of the NPC? Isn't summoning like that (you have to summon in front of the god to get "credit")?

I hope that "difficulty" does not simply imply having more people to talk to and therefore more endless walking around the map trying to find them.  I'd like to see more quests that aren't simply a long chain of people to find.

216052[/snapback]

No it doesn't imply that. Wait and see.

Also, when a quest asks for something (like the 5 silver rings for the crafting quest) it would be nice if you had to actually make them rather than simply buying them from someone.

216052[/snapback]

The information isn't stored that way. I would love to have this feature as well, but atm it can't be done

Can't quests be written such that you have to make the item in the presence of the NPC?  Isn't summoning like that (you have to summon in front of the god to get "credit")?

216052[/snapback]

Unfortunately that does not work either.

Also, when a quest asks for something (like the 5 silver rings for the crafting quest) it would be nice if you had to actually make them rather than simply buying them from someone.

216052[/snapback]

The information isn't stored that way. I would love to have this feature as well, but atm it can't be done

Can't quests be written such that you have to make the item in the presence of the NPC?  Isn't summoning like that (you have to summon in front of the god to get "credit")?

216052[/snapback]

Unfortunately that does not work either.

216058[/snapback]

actually, it can be done, but not in the normal way... instead of making them yourself, you'd have to have an option for the NPC to take the ingredients from you and do it with them in charge (optionally check the players' relevant stats if you want)

problem is, that's not self-obvious when someone takes the rings over or makes them nearby and wonders what went wrong

and yes, more interesting quests are coming (we've had a couple of new ones kinda recently, so the pace is picking up... it's not like we can knock out a new one every week though(yet ^_^ ))