Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Your Ideas/suggestions About The Update Changes

I think that it's pretty good. The system could use some speeding up though. But the fact that it's hard to gather the necessary ingredients will make things increase in price and dry up some free floating funds.

But, why harvest Sulphur w/Leather Gloves? That doesn't make sense.

sulphur is highly posisonous =\

Repetative & tedious tasks are more suited for a machine rather than a human.

This is why human players of this implementation choose to use macros and autoharvesters. (to shift the burden of the repetative/tedious tasks to the machine)

(I realize there are, and always will be, some players who just want to cheat. I am not talking about these players)

This is a role playing game and should be interactive. But Click, click, click, click, clicking... is more mind-numbing than interactive.

Therefore:

Any change in the game that shifts repetative/tedious tasks to a machine will eliminate the motive for players to automate these tasks themselves. It shouldn't matter to the typical human player whether they are implemented in the client or server, as long as they don't have to deal with it themselves. (Although server side changes can better address the bandwidth issue.)

I like what I have seen with the server side autoharvesting. It can still be improved.

Manufacturing, on the other hand, is even MORE tedious than before. I think it could be easily corrected with a 'Mix all' option.

For my idea on an alternative way to harvest see my full post here.

Edited by Geldon

Guest viblog

wouldn't programming efforts be better spent on making completely new, fun things to fix problems rather than making old systems more difficult to fix them? I would rather have a fun game with an unbalanced economy than a ridiculously time consuming and boring one with a balanced economy. Especially when the economy is only balanced because making money is boring and slow. I personally don't even see an economy problem, but I know some people do. It's not a real government. It doesn't have to be realistic. Being a game, however, it is supposed to be fun. And making every decent money making line of work more difficult does nothing to improve that.

Guest Joe_Shorty98

I think that the new harvesting really dose suck. ;) Ido like the autoharvesting makes it easyier but alll it needs is faster harvesting rate and messages :D

I love it over all, but think the hav. speed needs to be a bit faster... i hear from a lot of people and see a lot are talking of leaving the game now , due to super slow hav. speeds and being bored waiting for hav. to get done.

Over all , the changes are are great, will bring prices back up and make it a bit more time and work to make stuff.

i have to know roja, are you going to put it back to normal? it still takes 2 minutes to mine 1 tit, and if you arent im going to reset for the 13'th time =\

I love it over all, but think the hav. speed needs to be a bit faster... i hear from a lot of people and see a lot are talking of leaving the game now , due to super slow hav. speeds and being bored waiting for hav. to get done.

Over all , the changes are are great, will bring prices back up and make it a bit more time and work to make stuff.

yeah =\ i was going to leave, but lupines are just gettingme through, but i cant stand 1k exp an hour instead of 8k for much longer

Guest paleomagick

Hello,

I am in the top 20 harvesters list because I dearly enjoyed harvesting and the alchemy that followed. Now you have made it so I just harvested 24 emeralds over an astonishingly boring 2 full minutes. I hate it. I played EL to have fun. You took out the fun and lowered the value of my products (e.g. titanium bars). At least the last updates, with teleports, blessings of experience, cavern walls collapsing, and a pissed off Mother/Queen of Nature added spice. This takes all that away and leaves me bored with harvesting. Do what you will, but you've pretty well lost one of your most dedicated fans. I will no longer recommend EL to my students at school. ;)

Paleomagick

Addressing Harvesting and all the Auto-things:

I can't say I'm a huge fan of clicking on Bears. Surely though, I'm even less of a fan of sitting there waiting to harvest 150+ Veggies. That takes me about 15 minutes now, compared to a maximum of 5 under the old system.

Now, this is not only a loss to the older players, but you have to remember that a newbie's main xp for about 15 levels is harvesting. It's their main cash too. Many do it faithfully every hour. Spending 1/4 of your time on that isn't very appealing.

The market channel has been abuzz with all these changes, (and for once I don't mind the offtopic). The only thing from the comments I saw in favour of the new harvesting system, was that it allowed the players to go do something else like read a book, or look at websites. Does that mean, that when this goes pay to play, we'd be paying for 15+ minutes surfing time every hour? This is encouraging afk play, which is something I thought the game was trying to steer away from.

I'd say revert to the old system until some kind of feasable solution is found, because the majority (from what I can see) are hopping mad. I'd suggest just making a toggle between auto and normal harvest.

The wait when doing alchemy is not only annoying, but it's highly frustrating, because if you click to mix a second too soon, you stop the previous mix, and lose 3 second's work. In essence you've quintupled the ammount of time it takes to create a single essence.

These activities were already tedious, lengthening the time will make players lose interest in them. I wouldn't be surprised if players all turned hunters, or just plain left.

As for the changes regarding the use of EFE:

I don't see much wrong with using EFE in more items. However, this makes the game vastly unbalanced because newer players will not have had the opportunity to make or buy these before the switch. If this is going to be implimented, something has to be done to level the existing items, and I'm sure that won't be popular.

Yes, there are gripes about the short supply of EFE. Prices will do loops and settle out again, albiet higher.

Other Changes:

You'd think Trik would expand what he's buying, if he's stocking up on weapons..

No comment on the tit ore prices, I'll wait and see what happens to the price on everything else.

I'd always wondered why #beam was available for all players of all levels. Especially those with monster magnetisim. I actually think this change makes sense.

Being a game, however, it is supposed to be fun.

we're working on that, have patience ;)

Why does all updates (as of late) have to make things harder/slower/less fun?

Can't you make more things instead? Like new items, new maps, new monsters etc etc? Thar would be for the fun of the game.

having said that.....

back to comments on the new harvest system,

the adverse effects are still there, but you do not get any messages, you get hurt, you get teleported, you get gold, without knowing why. You just suddenly find yourself teleported (for example). This is not adding to the fun. So i strongly suggest 3 things regarding harvesting:

1. speed up harvest

2. reduce harvest incidents

3. bring back the harvest incident messages

I can handle the new manu rules, the efe for tit items is fine, the problem that I have is the new harvesting rules.

It takes to long to harvest which is taking some of the fun out of the game. Also the time it takes do alch is to long, I have a 71 for an alch lvl and it took me 10 minutes to to 200 fire ess.

The harvesting time needs to be redueced.

OK, before I begin...

no player can carry 2000 EMU

I can carry 800...i'm close :D LOL

OK, anyways

Personaly I realy like the idea bout makign thigns harder to make with requriting of the EFE's...that will deffinately make thigns such as the platemail and what not more rare...that good :D I like having stuff that other people don't ;)

Harvesting on the other hand in a little rediculus. Personaly, I dont' harvest much and the only time I harvest is when I have depleted my 600 veiges that I usualy care arround on me...then I go harvest again. But I realy like doing magic like using the tele port spells, portals, etc...now all of a sudden I will have to watch my essese ussage and not just be able to play around with magic when i am bored...that kind of stinks. Also, I dpend on portals room to get past hellspwn ....if i have to use my esses for portals room I won't be able to waste them on other types of magic :(

Basicly I like to fight (ok..i'm not the ighest level player and yes I have been playing since that crash...yes I am very slow at levewling up...yes I talk too much instead of leveling up.... :D ) and do magic (new in game hobby...started a week ago :D...when I want to level up fast i can :D)

Oh well...basicly I woudl say do somethign with the harvesting..make it a little faster...not slow as malacise...sure...keep it a tad slower than before with the auto clicker built in...but it is just way too slwo righ tnow...

Guest sadus

the new auto harvester will suit alot of peoples game play not mine and many others i suspect an option to turn this off would make this a useful game tool

i spend enough time harvesting to pay for my armor that breaks now it will only cost me more for my tit armor and more time making the ess to pay for the armor

more harvesting time = boredom = zzzzZzzzz

will harvesting become a profession like fighting or summoning?

For the most part, i agree with everyone that the harvesting takes too long. And the manufacturing rate and making fe's is ridiculous. If those two things are changed back all will be well. If not you can expect many players to quit. Noobs and experienced players alike. That's just my input.

Well,

Since most of the peeps allready complained about it, I'm not gonna start having a speech ;)

But yeah, the only bad thing about the last update is the freakingly slooooooooow harvest time.

I'm allmost a full time harvester, every hour that passes I rush off to get my harvest experience.

With this new system, it's ridiculously impossible to get ur harvest exp limit in 1 hour and as someone else pointed out, this won't help crafters at all, they would have to spend alot more time to get a bunch of ingredients to train.

Some of us really do have lives, this way we have to stop living to be able to do something in this game, atleast that's how it seems to me.

DON'T punish us harvesters, whatever did we do wrong ?

It's not even as usefull as it was before the reset, atleast you could make good cash before, now since the new version and this update it's even harder.

Greetz,

Salem

Yes they are trying to turn harvesting into a profession

Why does all updates (as of late) have to make things harder/slower/less fun?

Can't you make more things instead? Like new items, new maps, new monsters etc etc? Thar would be for the fun of the game.

I also agree with this

but the whole point of this system was to slow it down so lvl 20 harvests can't get the knowledge, nexus and then go mine tit ore it was to slow it down so u needed a higher lvl of harvest to harvest it faster.

but i would prefer more things, improved magic, and summoning, and more monsters (e.x. imps, more monsters, more advanced summoning, more spells, more items (staves, bone items))

i agree and disagree with the new harvest system

I have lvl 31 harvest

I went to harvest veggies

Recommended lvl of veggies 18 i think? that means i'm 13 lvl's higher then recommended

i got 15 veggies in what.... 4 mins?? that is way to slow

I also like the sytem like i said above

Slow harvest like this means more online time..i already play 8 hours a day soon too be 0 if you guys do not get harvesting right. I mean come on biggest part of game is harvesting now it takes forever and you might even get teleported. If this sticks yes i am gonna stop playing also it is about 5-10 seconds for a pick on silver this is tottaly nuts and like 3 secs to make 1 ess come on pls guys i would p2p for old server with plat coins it was fun then this game is no fun now and a hassle to play

I think time take now for harvesting and makeing stuff should be what take at recommanded level accordating too skill it used

so skill high recommand than be little faster

if skill at recommendat level take what take now

if skill lower then reccomedated that lot longer to do

* Bug fixs for remote spells in strange situations

Be nice to know exactly what it fixed, but it's great anyway. :D

* Security updates for troublemakers

Punish them baddies!

* #demigod command for mods to help in running PK contests

*Sniff* No more posts about people whining about mods getting killed and then killing them back anymore..

* Server based autoharvest, click to start, click to stop

I like it. ;)

* Manufacuring & harvesting how takes more time depending on how complex it is

But don't like this!

* Harvesting Sulfur now required leather gloves

Or this! (Although it's reasonable for an update)

* #beam me up is disabled on some maps for lvl 20+

... I'm losing faith in the intelligence of humanity..

* EFE is now required for Titanium long, serpent, & chain

I just lost it.

* Two EFE are now needed for Iron Plate

Adding insult to injury.. I've lost my faith and so have other manufacturers. :D

* Trik no longer buys Iron Shields, or Steel Longs Swords

This is the type of genius behind our game's development?

* Price adjusted on Titanium bars

Never sold them because I didn't sell these for money, but whatever.

* Multiple other bug fixes

.. And this is supposed to make up for the rest of this crap?

Yeah, it sounds like flame, but trying to dodge insults and flames when you want criticism and opinions on an update is NOT how to do it. Making EFEs more used (and right now, they are impossible for some to get), driving up harvesting time, making Trik not buy certain popular items anymore..

EL is about to enter its own Great Depression. You've just put a lot of manuers out of business. In turn, that kills off the fighters, who are supposed to sell the good books to other types of people.

If this is how you guys plan to drain money out of the economy.. then you can always retake Economics in High School again.

Maybe go back to the recomended levels is a better idea..so people learn everything as they go...May i ask why u made these changes we are supposed to be having fun and be productive

Ok, I normally don;t like to complain so I won't. I like this update very much. Its adding use to useless items and started to help the economy work. Its good to hear you need EFE for the titanium items, the good items will be less common. I like how manufacturing/crafting/summoning takes time now, it seems more realitic. The only thing I am concerned with is the new harvesting. I recently started crafting and I will admit its hard and time consuming but I was getting used to it. Since I do not have the nexus to make rings yet, I have been polishing for the past 20 levels. Now, I cant get the main items I need (gems) because it takes too long. Now the skill which seems to be the hardest just got harder... Also, I spend alot of time on the Newbie Help Channel. We get many newbies per day and most have a positive attitude. Now this update has caused a drastic attitude change. More are going to quit and not stay because the skill which should be the easiest just got more complicated. I thought you guys would listen to the general opinion in the poll in which was made by cicero about this very issue. Here's the poll

The majority opinion is that they did not want to give up anything for the autoharvester. For the ones who voted for longer harvest time, I don;t think they realized the effects that would take place if it was implemented. Now that they do, Im sure they'd change their opinion. So for the sake of the game and its players, please reconsider the harvesting system.

Edited by Lord_Vermor

Flames/spam with no helpful suggestions deleted. There's plenty of other threads for that in Flames - go post there.

-Lyn-

Note that the most posts in any one catagory topped out with 1/3, for "nothing". There was also a sizable portion who didn't want it beacuse they have a 1/10 of a seconed autoclicker who can set it to 15 minutes, and leave it on the finger icon on the item quick bar.

I have never used it for the seconed purpose, but I have used it for the first. Now harvesting is useless. All that's left is fighting. Which backs up all the spawns from now to... you fix this. As I want my foxes, fix this please.

Those are called monster invasions, and I am undecided on those.

Idea: How about we institute updates on a trial basis, judge public opinion, and then make it final?

Edited by freeone3000

I skip to the end without read much.. maybe 1st 4 posts I did read.. my thoughts are

Can we hit the harvest 120 cause of the slowness?

Will there be more efe's made maybe 1 per 100 or 2... ;o) due to the fact that they are required for more things now?

I wanna go home now can i have my old EL back?

;o)