Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_antiroot

Miners Fayre

This is not a we love or hate the new system thread, neither is it for suggestions.

These are all covered elswhere...

This thread is a bit of curiosity as to what mining inventories look like now since the change (screenshots please).

Heres my own.

minersfayre.jpg

Starts with the obligatory health essenc for restore, then the ess for me to portal back to where I got teleported from.

Next is my bit of fun, looks like a serp stone ? nope, when ever im on a bag I may get ported from one of those goes in, just so any bag jumpers can feel the glee of jumping on a serpstone, only to have their hopse dashed when they look more closley.

after that just a bit of food, medical supplies ;-) and a good pile of spare picks.

Seems to work quite well, though since the shot Ive started wearing armour, and carrying more portals room ess.

So how does it compare? Whats everyone elses miners fayre nowadays?

this is kinda interesting... obviously this new system requires some new strategies... so what about everyone else, what's in your inventory? :)

The change really affected me...you have no clue how annoying it is to see someone pop in (Oooh! Money! Pwn, pwn pwn!) then beam out.

Now, I've had to start to retrain magic, so I can harm them. :)

Well, I bring my grand total of 3 BRSs and my 9 picks (one of wich I'm wearing). Also, I don't use my harvest cape anymore for fear of losing it. But I do bring my fast regen cape, which doesn't really make sense. :D:P

Since I'm only harvesting flowers and fruits for now (I'd previously stocked up on enough materials to keep me busy for a while), this is what I bring with me...

417711e7cc0ec.png

The thing is since this update, there's a slightly annoying factor to the whole harvesting thing:

I dont have the excavator perk, so do I take my cape with me, and run the risk of losing it by dying, or getting teleported to a pk map

or

Do I leave my cape safe in storage, making me click twice as much, meaning I have twice as much chance for something good or bad to happen to me?

Now, if I'd have realised from the start of building my char, I would have taken the excavator perk. No chance I'm resetting now though, so I usually I take my cape, a few br's and some portland rings, nothing else. I've not lost the cape, yet.

<_< I harvest with nothing on me cuz mother nature hates me then the bee's finish me off so 30 fruit/flower/ore in i die or teleport right infront of a fluffy :D

Errr...the cape is pretty cheap (2900?) And the PK lists have been taken off the list. But I have been teleported to SK, but you can still beam.

I thought the pk lists had only been taken off if your att was under 30? If they've been taken off altogher then good, 'bout time.

And yeah, lots of people saying the cape is cheap. Cheap if you're rich, or want to spend the time making ess to pay for it.

Umm, you know, you can actually GET the perks, so you won't have to wear capes.

He.. doesn't want to reset for the pp and it's not like someone can gain 3 OAs instantly (I'm oa 71 -- wanna see me attempt that? B) Exc. was 3 pp right?)

Well, you will eventually get 3 PP. Almost no one took any perks that had a cape associated with, this is one of the reasons for the harvesting changes.

Well, you will eventually get 3 PP. Almost no one took any perks that had a cape associated with, this is one of the reasons for the harvesting changes.

Well, I took excavator perk at the time because:

1) It was awhile ago when I was flat broke

2) It seemed more convenient than a cape.

Now that has paid off very good according to this new updating.

And as for taking the MM perk, I still have small regrets on it because I can't necessarily auto train like I'd want to, but then again, it's a lot less hassle to just take the perk instead of being slowed down by an MM cape which you must disequip per hostile monster to prevent breakage. All I have to do is go up, click, fight.

Well then, if you have the harvesting perk, just wear a MM cape while harvesting?

Then mothernature kills you, and 50% chance of a 25k cape to a bag jumper....nuh uh.

I sure would like to know if there (currently) are any items that you can wear that will actually reduce radiation damage? I'm talking about equipment in the game not RL.

If there were any such things in the game I would add that to my mining gear (see my earlier post)

rgds

Derin

Errr...the cape is pretty cheap (2900?) And the PK lists have been taken off the list. But I have been teleported to SK, but you can still beam.

Pretty cheap? Did the inflation go nuts again while I was not really playing the last few days? I was just about to go broke buying vials for BR potions, and now 2900 is pretty cheap?