Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Nardo Lala

quest log kinda messed up

hmm a strange one....

My quest log ingame shows parts of second quest and also some text of the first one inbetween. I have finished both. I don´t know if the text should dissapear if a quest is finished ? Please advise what i should do.

Eternally Yours

Nardo.

because client logs everything important quest chat with NPC. so, even if u heard it 500 times, he will log it. learner or cicero u need to do something with this :twisted:

[edit]: no that hard, just use:

if ((strstr(quest_log_file, quest_info_from_quest_1_npc_tankel)))

{

return;

}

else

{

// function to log it

}

Yeah, a function to check through all the log and not add duplicate entries would be really nice, since doing it on the server side is not nice (ie. you might want to talk with that NPC again and hear the same story, instead of looking in the quest log).

hmm tonight after the new quest was added, i talked again to the retired blacksmith and his daughter is fast asleep again, while after completion, she was fine before. In my quest log i have pieces of text mixed allover.

please advise if i should ( and how ) delete all entries or...? ( os is windows )

many thanks for any help ;)

Nardo

doing the new quest, I noticed that:

- no information in the questlog before the description of the last action to take

- with this description, i also received the result of the command #storage in the questlog. (I did'nt make the command at this time)

Fixed an error with the questlog where the strings added to the questlog would not be limited on the data_lenght, but just the strlen(in_data) - this would cause the questlog to fuck up from time to time (where other strings would be inserted etc. as you cannot expect in_data to have an ending 0).

The following functions were changed:

void add_questlog(char *t, int len);

void add_questlog_line(char *t, int len);

Unfortunately we cannot yet set the questlog to only add messages once. Yes - strstr could be used but imho it'd be very inefficient. Instead the quest name and message should have an ID set by an int - could be in the last part of the message from the server - the first 8 bits would have to be 0 to end the string, but the next could be anything you want it to be.

Guest Pamina

I even get multiple store listings in my questlog (after doing the leather quest too). OHOH the quest texts are somewhat cut short.

I even get multiple store listings in my questlog (after doing the leather quest too). OHOH the quest texts are somewhat cut short.

90435[/snapback]

I'm getting all my store transactions in my quest log.. Every bottle of wine, meat, etc.., that I've sold or bought.. :)

I have some stuff in my quest log saying, "I am willing to pay you 0.5 gold pieces for a vegetables. How many would you like to sell?" "Excellent. You just sold 200 vegetables for 100 gold pieces. What can I do for you?"

EDIT: Seeing the above person gets this too... When you are in the middle of a quest and buy stuff, I think it logs it. So, you must have started one and never finished it.

Edited by MindFreak

I'm getting all my store transactions in my quest log.. Every bottle of wine, meat, etc.., that I've sold or bought.. :(

200676[/snapback]

Mea culpa. Will be fixed on server restart. (that is, you won't get new store transactions in your quest log. The old ones will remain there)