Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Enchelon

Storage improvements

Hi, I have some suggestions for storage improvement:

• Make possible trades between items in the storage, you could just pass things from your storage to someone else

[*]Make a guild common storage

[*]Make the guild storage accessible from the guild house, so you can have player managed shops

[*]Make the storage interaction with the player more user-friendly, for example when you withdraw it has to show you just the categories in which you have elements and not all of them, you could know how many elements have of a thing even when you're depositing it, not just when you're withdrawing it.

• What do you think of them?

These have all been said before :lol:

Lol, but they are still good ideas.

These have all been said before  :lol:  

Lol, but they are still good ideas.

Mmm, I didn't search any other previous thread before posting, sorry. :)

Hope the dev team incorporates them ASAP.

1) No.

2 & 3) Later, in p2p.

4) Well, it could limit what categories were displayed pretty easily. I think I'll make up a patch and send it to Ent.

4) Well, it could limit what categories were displayed pretty easily. I think I'll make up a patch and send it to Ent.

Yes, please do :D

so like if im carrying some gold, some pelts and some other stuff it will only show under deposit the categorys that have an effect for what im carrying?

and when i want to withdraw i only see the categorys where i have items stored in?

if so it will make the use of storage a bit less clutterd...

Cicero: Why not implementing a way to pass objects from a storage to another? It would make a lot easier great transactions.

Because it has serious potential for abuse.

Anyway, I sent my patch on to Ent that makes it so that the only categories that show up when you go to deposit or withdraw are for items that you have in your inventory or storage, respectively. If he accepts it, I guess it will be in the next server reset.

Anyway, I sent my patch on to Ent that makes it so that the only categories that show up when you go to deposit or withdraw are for items that you have in your inventory or storage, respectively. If he accepts it, I guess it will be in the next server reset.

I'm really glad to hear this! :D

Well, Ent decided that he wants to rework some of the storage stuff himself. The end result will probably be the same or better, but it will take longer.

I also wish I could spend gold coins straight from storage. I hate going across White Stone to Frukas just to remember I forgot money.

how about also having to type in the amount of items you want to buy/retrieve. Its annoying having to click a number, why not have an input box?

Because it has serious potential for abuse.

What abuse?

You trade to player and have an icon, if you click on it it shows window with

items in your storage and you can just drag and drop it to trade window.

Or maybe in your trade session window you would have button [sTORAGE]

*click* and it opens window with your storage. Explain me how to abuse it...

Bag jumpers are really bad for the community...

Regards.

how about also having to type in the amount of items you want to buy/retrieve. Its annoying having to click a number, why not have an input box?

http://www.eternal-lands.com/phpBB2/viewto...opic.php?t=6668

:arrow: I already suggested this some time back. Not only would you type what you want, you would be able to click the up/down buttons to choose a number.

But, recently, an even better idea came to mind. If you are on a positive number, the box will say "Withdraw {0} {1}", {0} being the quantity, and {1} being the item. If you are on a negative number, the box will say "Deposit {0} {1}", {0} being |the quantity|, {1} being the item. If you are on 0, "Nothing, thanks". Same idea with buy/sell.