Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vinoveritas

Global Quest Reminder

Hi i want to suggest that if there is no global quest reward active, there should be something of a reminder that it exxists, like if you say the command #day or start the client you get the line

No Global Quest reward active, looks like the Trasengaard Magic school needs some help

Today is .....

This might help to remind people of this quest and put the parcipication up

I know that i forget about this quest now and then which makes my parcipication sporadic

No, not for me, please, and most certainly not every hour.

It used to be that the global quest got finished the day collection of the items started. For the last few, less and less players were active in gathering the material, even though there were regular reminders in @@6 and even through #IG (at least to some guilds).

That should tell you something about the opinion of most players regarding the global quest, and its rewards...

No, not for me, please, and most certainly not every hour.

It used to be that the global quest got finished the day collection of the items started. For the last few, less and less players were active in gathering the material, even though there were regular reminders in @@6 and even through #IG (at least to some guilds).

That should tell you something about the opinion of most players regarding the global quest, and its rewards...

Wrong. That tells you something about the opinion of most players who hang-around in @6. By far not all people care to hang around in a channel where the immature brag about how cool they are.

There were also reminders sent tthrough #IG (as I mentioned before, and

(...)For the last few, less and less players were active in gathering the material, even though there were regular reminders in @@6 and even through #IG (at least to some guilds).

Wrong. That tells you something about the opinion of most players who hang-around in @6. By far not all people care to hang around in a channel where the immature brag about how cool they are.

As I said (and you chose to ignore) there were also reminders sent through #IG. At least in my guild, the response was zero.

(and wrt. @6: #ci showed 105 on that channel, with 200 players on-line...)

Edited by revi

Well in My guild there is no such reminder, I am not in channel 6 and i do spend now and then items i can (and somtimes i cannot) spare.

A Reminder on the Start of the Client or connected with the command #day, is nothing that is comming to often, and will reach all people, Channel 6 will not reach quite a few helpful people, because there are enough people out there who do not like the way the chat goes there.

I on the Other hand i let mercator listen to channel 6 as i do like to have chatlogs about what is said there in case any touble arraises from there. And i am sure he is not the only bot who does that.(i know that actually)

One problem I see with this is that it leads to a rash of other "important" messages wanting to be put in. Soon it will be so spammy that nobody will read any of them. Important is in the eye of the beholder. If everyone's personal "important" information was added, it just makes a mess.

I have just completed the quest and am heading to trigger the #day. From my experience with this, I have found that when I have gone on the dreaded ch6 and repeatedly posted the progress people will step up to help.

I think momr's idea is uber good. I think adding a subsection with this particular information at new #day or whenever one types #day command won't affect your cute little eyes that much. And it will act as a community binder, I'm 100% sure of that.

+1