Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Panatella

Add option MAX to NPC sold items

Is there a way to give a player who trade to a NPC like Mira an additionnal option called "max" like this:

Hi, I'm Mira and sell potions.....

How many FP's you want ?

[1] 1 [2] 5 ...... [9] max

Where max should give you the maximum available FP's calculating by:

• your inv free place
  • your free slots (in case of non stockable objects)
  • the gc amount in your inv

Would be awesome :D

I agree completely - the NPC knows how many slots and how much emu you have so just fill the damn thing up.

This is supposed to be a game and interacting the way it is with NPCs is damn un-fun.

as one who requested something similar myself once i agree, with the Repeat button on the git client (do not remember if the 1_9_3 has it in general) its better then it was, but still a 1 button buy would be fun could be made as enter text field and client enters the amount automatically buy sending the right amount requests over the dialog (auto select :D)

Edited by vinoveritas

Would be great to have, or the possibility to alter the amount instead of solid numbers. After you press what Item you want the NPC would ask - "How many <item name> would You want? and just have an box with a greyed out "1" in it as default that you can type in the amount you want.

Think logically - which are the options you most use:-

All

I think adding any more complexity is a waste of coding - yes an input box would be nice - but how often would it really be used?

More importantly when did you last ever sell anything but all of an item in your inv to an NPC?

I honestly cannot think of when I last wanted to buy a strange number eg 23 of an item.... Also can we sync all the NPC quantities?

selling to npc is no problem for example if i want to sell you can give the next higher number and all is gone :) and the server gives out right amount, Problem there is that the max number sometimes is lower then wht you have in inventory for sale (for example it happens with bronze swords)

Its the buying of thingsthat is sometimes a pain in the ...

I guess I am weird, but yes, I buy strange numbers all the time, 23 chains, because that is how many free slots I have, or 179 FPS, because that is how many I can carry (emu), or 17 leather torso, because that happends to be how much spare change I have on me.

So yes, I see a use for this. Is it worth extra coding effort? Maybe most of that can be done client side, making the changes to the server minimal.

Unless I am mistaken, the client would need to ask the server how much the item weighs, ask it how much free EMU you have, make a small calculation to see how much you can carry.

Does the client need to tell the server the output number and then server places that number in the 'buy' option? or can the client do the whole thing?

The NPC protocol currently doesn't allow for the client to be able to supply a number, it sends back info only to signify what you have clicked. Server side it gets more complicated by the number of different types of NPC's that can sell you items and how they are coded. Lots of copy/pasting would be needed along with testing.

if the client side would do on the buy from npc side something like that (how much would you like to buy (selected max)

until (your overloaded or your out of money or your out of space)

buy 1000 items

buy 100 items

buy 10items

buy 1 item

would do the trick with same way as user would do it, yiz get the max amount of items you can, and be happy.

Edited by vinoveritas