Eternal Lands Official Forums
piiia

Rostogols and fresh Players

Why not just keep the rosto how it is? it works fine how it is now sure it may cost 56~56k but they are $5 each so it's not that hard to get them if your really poor buy some from radu you'll be happy and it will help the game to stay up and running

but if you are training with a rosto and you die with it in 5 monsters why would you train on it? that should show you your not ready to train on that mob

rofl, and if you are really poor, where are you going to get a paypall account and $5?!

The problem is that 10k is a lot to a newbie, and some of the gear they use is in that range (10-20k per item), yet is definitely not worth to protect with a 55k gc rosto. Especially in invances people might die and not be able to retrieve their db (e.g. when they lost), but want/need to use good gear.

Right now there is no sensible way to protect the items that cost 20k a piece, yet they are too expensive to risk losing.

1) Remove item drops on death outside of PK.

2) Implement some sort of weak punishment, such as item damage which must be repaired.

3) Relax and have fun instead of dying to a lag spike and losing a serious amount of money.

4) ???

Edited by Zaer

2) Implement some sort of weak punishment, such as item damage which must be repaired.

3) Relax and have fun instead of dying to a lag spike and losing a serious amount of money.

4) ???

Agree tbh.

While I would like this for purely selfish reasons, sadly I don't think it will work.

It would mean that I can train freely above my level and mix with mushrooms without fear of death. It will also seriously damage radu's income. I suspect that more rostos are lost in invances/instances than elsewhere in the game. Besides, most PK is already in rosto-free (no-drop) areas anyway.

Edited by EaglePrince

Seems silly to have to pay 55-59k for insurance against loosing my full iron plate or serp sword, but equally It needs to be insured against loss, just currently the price is horrendus at my lvl, I do have an use a rosto wich I found ages ago, but if I lost it would take me ages to get back. And not every1 has access to paypal etc

No not everyone has access to paypal - paypal has added requirement for it to be linked to a bank account and there have been a number of reports with paypal of people disputing withdrawals, double charges, hacked accounts via paypal, etc. Paypal has the same risks of banks without the same protections and oversight.

And having one-rosto-for-all does not make sense anymore considering range of value of items now. Why should someone carrying 2M gc+ gear be payng same much to insure gear as someone with 100K worth other than as opportunity for someone to steal grab that gear? Having "lesser" rostos makes a lot of sense IF clear mechanism is in place for player to determine if "lesser" rosto is protecting gear (i.e. when USING rosto it tells you if gear is protected).

i dont want to start some discussion on anybodies personal income however using shop as a reason why this wont be considered makes little sense.

to encourage new players to stay they MUST feel like they can someday compete with the big boys and girls

otherwise it will just be the big boys and girls left and they can only be asked so much to support a game. It really isnt fair on either radu or the current playerbase to expect ( especially in todays economic climate ) them to make sacrafices in game due to a shortage of either GC or RL dollar

and besides, wasnt it Learner who artifically jacked the fucking rosto prices last time? as allways this game is more than not controlled by the players

dont blame radu for 55k rostos blame the greedy sons of bitches who WANT 55k for a rosto.

k :)

and besides, wasnt it Learner who artifically jacked the fucking rosto prices last time? as allways this game is more than not controlled by the players

dont blame radu for 55k rostos blame the greedy sons of bitches who WANT 55k for a rosto.

Ro-stones sell for what the market will bear. And there are more factors than Learner at one point selling for high prices.

If no one were buying them, pricing would go down. Prices are up because of the buyers, not the sellers. Example: GhraeBot sells for 50k when market bears 55k. Other bot owners buy off GhraeBot at 50k, sell on their own bot at 55k. Thus, it makes no sense for GhraeBot to continue selling at 50k. He's just making other bot owners rich. Want lower prices? Branch everyone's uber gear or get everyone to stop buying at the 55k price.

Another factor is the use for the item. Right now invances are popular because of how much xp is distributed. Players wear their Sunday best and don't want to lose it. But like any invasion, it's not uncommon to get surrounded and before you know it, you've contributed another gold brick. Thus I don't see players going on a bot strike... they want the A/D xp and they'll fork over 55k at a time to get it.

And that's not including the day to day uses: training, PK, etc.

I do agree that it would be nice to see some sort of newbie ro-stone that would only protect gear up to iron plate and A/D < xx. But I see many more alts than newbies. Thus I would prefer to see a way to increase the influx of new players.

Would love to be able to pay with my visacard/netbank like I do in other games.

After years problems with paypal do i get this message now when i try to read their mails to me :

There is a problem with this website¨s security certificate.

Maybe other have same problem and would like another easy way to buy.

The more buyers, the lower the prices would be.

4) ???

4) ???

Or just add the exp loss like every other game, at certain levels it will hurt dying but wont make you harvest for 3 days to replace a rosto.

Or just add the exp loss like every other game, at certain levels it will hurt dying but wont make you harvest for 3 days to replace a rosto.

It will not be fair if it hurts more at certain levels. Besides, how will you calculate an appropriate XP loss? As you know, half a level at 20 a/d is a far cry from the same at 100 a/d. OTOH, you cannot impose a flat penalty as this would be ridiculous. IMHO, many people would rather lose gc than XP if they had a choice.

In a different game I know, you get an exp penalty on death. I think it was around 2% of the current level. Any exp you made when you had an penalty was distributed - 90% to pay off the debt, 10% to your normal exp.

Maximum debt was capped at what you needed in total for the level and there was a shop only item to get rid of all your debt.