Eternal Lands Official Forums
bluap

Knowledge bar in HUD

I've added a new, optional bar to the HUD that shows the progress when you are reading a book. Just under the skills bars, a new blue bar shows the percentage complete. If you hover your mouse over the bar the ETA is shown. If you click it, the "#research" command is run. When you are not reading a book the bar displays either "Idle" or "100%" for a book completed this session. I thought about not showing the bar while in the "idle" state but personally prefer it this way. While the bar is enabled by default, there is a setting to disable it in the HUD options (also added to the right HUD context menu).

I have also changed the way the ETA is calculated for this bar and the knowledge window bar. The ETA is now calculated based on the actual rate of reading which means it will be appropriately reduced if you are in a reading room. The "#research" command will still show the slower ETA; I can't change that as it's a server command.

The code is in the development version of the client. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

knowledge_bar_with_hover.pngknowledge_bar_idle.png

Sweet work bluap! :icon13:

I think such addition is very good improvement, I love the click action on the bar with #research command run and recalculated time when in reading room.

Thanks for all the feedback, glad you like it. The development client source code is on github. As my signature suggests, you can get Debian/Ubuntu packages following the information here (see the last section for the dev version). A static build for the dev version (for general Linux distros) is available here.

Edited by bluap