Eternal Lands Official Forums
Littlebig

New daily

I tried to made a new daily, Gerund ask me to bring ti short of fire book, so i bring him one. Talk to him,and he take my book off the inventory, but not give any exp/gc

A small typo in the dialog of the daily npc:

You see a man dressed in nice clothes. He greets you: "Hello, and

welcome to Temps R Us. How can I help you?"

I am the owner of Mines R us.

I tried to made a new daily, Gerund ask me to bring ti short of fire book, so i bring him one. Talk to him,and he take my book off the inventory, but not give any exp/gc

So you were scammed and that is a big part of game. NPCs are now getting into scamming so thanks for warning!

Most likely he has no idea what he is talking about. No wonder he was on my ignores list. Lots of people did that quest and none of them reported similar problems (and I tested it myself too).

Most likely he has no idea what he is talking about. No wonder he was on my ignores list. Lots of people did that quest and none of them reported similar problems (and I tested it myself too).

Erm..i am pretty sure you can see my tradelog how i buy Titanium/steel alloy short sword of fire book from Candi, and how it disappear when i talk to Gerund, but quest is still uncompleded (altough i asked Dorel delete it later) And; I am not alone with this problem; checking chatlog:

[12:00:12] #GM from Vidriel: LB - don't burn the Candi's book

[12:00:20] Littlebig: he took my book for nothing>:/

[12:00:22] #GM from Vidriel: friend of friend got the same problem

[12:00:29] #GM from Vidriel: so maybe this task is broken

I try to catch that person later if i can.

Edited by Littlebig

oh yes, I said that because friend has told us a guildie got some problems with Gerund too - don't know how it ended, I was afk sorry :unsure:

two other friends got ice book and that worked perfectly

Well, I never heard of reliable reports from anyone else that this quest is not working. And by looking at my code, I don't see how it can take your stuff but not mark it as completed. If someone else has a problem with it, let me know.