Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rhapsodist

Cape of the Watchful (or something...)

Description: Allows players to enter PK maps for the sole purpose of spectating, without taking part in any fighting or assisting any of the fighters. One time use only (disappears after leaving/tele'ing from the PK map or takes it off while in the PK map).

Price: somewhere below 10k (buyable only from NPC)

While wearing this cloak:

- Players cannot drop or pick up bags

- Players cannot trade with others

- Players cannot cast magic spells or have spells cast on them

- Players cannot fight or be attacked (except for local maps monsters, and maybe even summoned monsters)

- If players die, they will drop items unless carrying a rosto

- ...(feel free to add more)

with this cape spectating players will not be allowed to do anything, and pretty much will just be taking up tile space on the PK map

Edited by Winkz

Can see this so open to abuse:

Watcher / scout

Hold the spot of a bag

Come in fully laden - and be safe - then drop the cape drop a bag and resupply in an instant

The idea of a pk map is to participate in the art of killing other people :P

If you like to just watch, you can watch at arenas in safety :D

The idea of a pk map is to participate in the art of killing other people :D

If you like to just watch, you can watch at arenas in safety :)

I disagree. I think this is a suggestion has great potential, some people just like to watch and not participate. Besides, it would be great for non-PKers to experience what actually goes on in a PK map.

However, as Raz explained it's open to abuse, so fine tune it. Everything in game is abusable some way or another so refusing this idea because it can be abused is absurd.

Some things that could be fine tuned are, but not limited to:

- Not allowed to have anything in inventory or equipped except for the cape itself.

- Can't stand on nor pickup bags (idk if this is implementable, which is probably isn't..)

- etc.

Would also be a perfect comment to get EL some more exposure on Youtube or other video streaming sites getting a view of the PK from a by-stander POV rather than the actual player. (which imo is always too confined). An example of this would be Hellraizer's EL PK video with God Mode.. (epic music) (pretty sure there's a longer version on google video around 20 or so minutes, but can't find it atm).

Great suggestion. :P

I'm for the idea too! :) Some people are too scared to PK or dont know whats going inside - If they try to go in, they die in a few hits and that makes them avoid going PK maps ever again- so this option would be a great chance for them to watch and learn the stuff...

Just find the ways to abuse this and try to solve the problems, then it would be a great feature.

My 2 liras;

-Kaddy ;)

+1 from me.

IF it can be made un-abusable it will bring more players into PK maps. I do spend 99% of my time in PK maps and 90% of that time im just chatting, i know many players who just like to chat in PK maps so i think this is great way to have lively PK area's.

Anyone who says no to this idea obviously doesnt hang arround in PK long enough to realise that most PK'ers just like to chat :)

+1 from me.

IF it can be made un-abusable it will bring more players into PK maps. I do spend 99% of my time in PK maps and 90% of that time im just chatting, i know many players who just like to chat in PK maps so i think this is great way to have lively PK area's.

Anyone who says no to this idea obviously doesnt hang arround in PK long enough to realise that most PK'ers just like to chat :evilgrin:

So let me get this straight.

You want to make pk maps safe so you all can chat with more non-pking people?

+1 from me.

Anyone who says no to this idea obviously doesnt hang arround in PK long enough to realise that most PK'ers just like to chat :evilgrin:

omfg PK is dead again!!!!11

+1 from me.

again? lol it's been dead for years

+1 from me.

Well now we know why!

+1 from me.

Well now we know why!

Why do you think PK is dead? I know too well why PK is dead, although the changes needed to fix it will never happen

However, this suggestion could get a increased populus interested in PK and maybe combat changes can be made with more people aware of how terrible armor->attr->weapon ratio is.

I was being silly, in response to a silly idea with more silly posts. You all want to bring more people in to pk maps to not pk?? :omg:

It's not supposed to be safe for anybody.

It's a pk map.

Full stop.

I was being silly, in response to a silly idea with more silly posts. You all want to bring more people in to pk maps to not pk?? :omg:

It's not supposed to be safe for anybody.

It's a pk map.

Full stop.

And whether you pk or not is optional! A pk map doesn't require you pk!

Why do you think PK is dead? I know too well why PK is dead, although the changes needed to fix it will never happen

However, this suggestion could get a increased populus interested in PK and maybe combat changes can be made with more people aware of how terrible armor->attr->weapon ratio is.

it's pr0 to hit 5-10 damage with JS and 1-2 damage with Cutty to ID armor, kk?