Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DarthCookie

Monsters Ranging

Well, I searching and didn't find anything like this but it wouldn't surprise me if this has been suggested before ; so if it has let me know.

I suggest implementing monsters that use the archery skill to attack you/when attacked. These monsters could be just a monster already in the game with a bow, instead of a sword.

This could

1. Provide a practical use (outside of pk) for the point defense things.

2. Allow for Team Area's (like instances/invasions) where you would need a mix of archers and melee fighters to take on the mobs.

Just a thought, keep up the good work.

Aet

Edited by DarthCookie

As great as the idea sounds and all I don't see it being possible to implement. Considering Ranging cn't be done while entering melee combat. So all I'd have to do to completely ruin the ranging monster would be to step "too close" and attack it. thus rendering it moderately crud.

It's funny, I had exactly the same idea the other day when I heard about the defense points. So I would also love to see such mobs in game. :P

Here are some other ideas I had about them:

I think they should have a very good perception in order to shoot you from long distances (true sight has also to be considered). And as hobobob38 said, they should flee like leonard does when you come near them.

Their goal would just be to hurt you and to never enter in melee so they could have a low defense because it would be already the pain in the ass to catch them.

About the drops, some arrows would be great... :P

I had a similar idea, which would probably require a client update, but would fit in very well with the addition of some new resources.

My idea is the addition of a statue type monster that would always spawn next to some resource so to use the resource you would be in the firing range of this monster.

The creature should have a large amout of health (maybe in the 1-5k range) and only be attackable by range (and maybe magic but only from far off). Magic should be disabled close by to stop mages camping out within its "too close" area and killing it with magic. It should attack with the same power as pk arrows with a small to medium amount of AP. Also it should not have 100% accuracy at long range, but very close to at short range. This forces archers to attack from further away or risk dieing too fast.

Once the creature has been killed it could drop a few pk arrows and gc but the real reward would be the guarded resource. Therefore the respawn time should be very long (maybe 20 mins to an hour)

It could also be placed enroute to a new recource in a choke point of a corridor or cave.

Anyway feel free to comment on or point out the flaws in my idea :P

i hope you mean maybe on some certain higher level resources...it would be ridiculous to have to deal with something like this if you want to go harvest some silver or whatever

i hope you mean maybe on some certain higher level resources...it would be ridiculous to have to deal with something like this if you want to go harvest some silver or whatever

Of course it would either be a spot with certain resources - ie iron / coal close together or the sole spot for a new rare ore.

Yes of course it would only be for a special resource, as raz stated a new ore or a great bag mixing spot could be good examples. It would basically be like the range target in GP but it shoots back :) I guess I should have added that its got to ignore MM and be agressive to all or that defeats the point of it.