Eternal Lands Official Forums
vinoveritas

Daily quest suggestion

To all whiners:

WTH? If a quest is too hard for you, what do you think you should do? Whine on forums? Or better get some help or get stronger? Take your pick, I think you are overreacting on this matter. These quests are not mandatory part of the game, you can have as much fun as everyone else without it. Seriously, do you think that you have some right or privilege to make any quest in the game on any level of any skill? Think again...

If you do these quests at truly low level, there is no risk, since you dont drop items yet.

The issue with the emu for the cacti was probably an oversight, and for a decent p/c char a mule stone can make it possible to do even this one. The tutorial NPC doesnt ask you to finish the quest to get credit, just to start it, so even if a total newbie is unlucky enough to get a quest they cannot complete, they can still continue with the tutorial quest. Same with Haidir, and only the first Novac quest needs to be completed. All in all no problem for a new char.

Issues with overfull spawns are annoying, but you can always try to come back some other time. There is no penalty for doing a daily quest days later.

All in all I think these (daily) quests are a great addition, and showing the newbies where to start them is nice of the Tutorial NPC.

I have suggested in the past that their should be an npc to warn the newbs at WS dock that WS is not safe at night.

nathan there already is an npc that does this, Ios right next to the ws boat on ip

My problem is the fact that the quests are called daily! Since they can't always be completed in 1 game day or even 1 IRL day, they should only be called repeatable quests :pickaxe:

My problem is the fact that the quests are called daily! Since they can't always be completed in 1 game day or even 1 IRL day, they should only be called repeatable quests :)

Never had a problem with completing four my usual daily quest in about two hours... Also "daily" because you can repeat them as soon as after 24h, simple as that :pickaxe:

My problem is the fact that the quests are called daily! Since they can't always be completed in 1 game day or even 1 IRL day, they should only be called repeatable quests :pickaxe:

If you take the alternative approaches suggested they can be.

Either way, Radu has stated he will not make an option to abort daily quests.

Just train/work a bit more until you can complete a certain daily that is causing you issues.

Just train/work a bit more until you can complete a certain daily that is causing you issues.

Training won't help me find skunks in WS any faster.

I generally have no issue of finding the skunks within an hour of getting the quest, even after sunset. (Yay NV).

Not to mention there already quite a few who would return the skunk to the spawn if seen and announce it on channel 6.

Daily quests are a bonus. If you can't finish them with your current stats, then get help or train until you can. Find a way to finish, and enjoy the EXTRA exp. I think ultimately, you will grow to relish the exp for so little work.

I enjoy the dailies, even if I don't do them every day. I figure the price for getting 2 million exp from lions one day includes hunting all over WS for skunks another.

Sometimes it seems as if many ppl just want 'exp now' button. Everything costs something. Pay up.

Also, love mule daily, but I wish there was a little more variety. I don't do it every day, but I do like the bonus when I do.

Ok, i understand some of the players being frustrated over some daily quests and wanting to have a way out. I also understanbd the other side who dont want such thing to happen.

For the sake of saying it , I stoped doing the TG daily- Daritha. Got frustrated over having same quest about 10times in 12days. Was my option and i am fine with it. I dont cry here about it , i just play the game as it is.

I got in troubles as well with one of Haidir's quests, tigers, was so angry,mad and screaming in the local chat for about 3hours coz i died like 5times and got only 7tigers lol , but i went and asked for help so i can finish it.. later on in 2hours. Sounds like a lot of nervs and like i should have quited but as well fun was in the end coz i got like 3-5friends to come over and help me out to finish it ... now i am waiting for the fluffy quest, which i am sure i will get it soon, thou i dont think i am that ready. But i will go and do it with or without help.

In the end ... Quests are there to be done by those who want to have some extra exp but as well fun and nervs together. I gave up on one but i dont mind, if i am forced to give up on another one so be it. Its just the way it is :)

Edited by Immortelle

hello everyone, i just want to say that i like daily quests because they help me a lot with my a/d levels. I dont like to kill the skunks in ws, or to kill the hawks in pv, but i still do them because i need the exp. Xaquelinas quest gives me a little exp but i still need it because i just train and alch a little bit, so i need the harv exp. I believe that we all must think about how easier is EL nowdays, and to remember how hard to level up was a few years ago. Darithas quest is expensive, but you can get all the armors training or getting coins with your EL job and trading them or selling them to buy the darithas stuff.

I agree with Aislinn when she says that quests must be a challenge. Think about it as in real life, when you work hard to get something you feel good, happy... but if you get everything pretty easy you get bored and sad.

Finally i just want to say that i like to play this game because it seems it has no end. I hope EL gets better with time and we all could be happier day after day.

Regards.