Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dipi

Remove cooldown from rings when logging in

Well i logged in a few times in the middle of an invasion, whit diss/tele rings on me when i figured i can't use 'em for some seconds... is really a bad feeling to see you will die when you log in without even a chance of survive...

That is why i suggest to remove cooldown from rings when logging in, it doesnt insure you to survive, but at least you will have the chance to.

(I know i shouldnt log off in a "non-safe" place but it doesnt invalid the suggestion)

If this were enabled - simply launch a second copy of the client - login on that one and diss/tele.

Doubt very much that this would happen

It should be done on the way it worked in the past - there was a little (some seconds) waiting time like after login to get attacked.

The reason the delay exists was to prevent removing cooldown during PK by logging out/in. Similar to the way logging out does NOT stop current combat. So I doubt the login cooldown will simply be removed.

Would there be a way for the client to recognize if you had been logged in in say the last 2 min(maybe longer)? That way if you had been logged in with in that time period cooldown applies so that there is no abuse but if you haven't cooldown does not apply until you use an object.

This may be extra coding that doesn't affect to many people but might be nice. But if at all possible you should choose a safe log out place. tavern rooms are there for a reason :pickaxe:

How about automatically giving you a disengagement effect when you log on during an invasion if you did not log out during an invasion? This would take some of the annoyance out of invasions and remove some need for being paranoid about where you log out each and every time.

The cooldown time & control if you are cooling down or not is a Server feature. The client is simply notified for displat purposes. The client can't be trusted to control that or people will abuse it.

Entropy specifically decided that when you login cooldown on EVERYTHING would be activated to prevent abuse by people trying to force cooldown from activating and to make people think about where they want to be when they log off and reduce abuse by players logging in for ambush purposes.