Here are book prices for all the plate armors available in game:

Book of Iron Plate Mail: 20kgc

Book of Steel Plate Armor: 6kgc

Book of Titanium Plate Armor: 6kgc

Book of Bronze Plate Armor: 20kgc

Book of Red Dragon Mail: 20kgc

Book of Black Dragon Mail: 20kgc

Book of Ice Dragon Mail: 20kgc

So, anyone else find it odd that the Iron Plate Mail book costs over 3 times as much as the Steel and Titanium books and the same amount as the Dragon armor books?

Given that Iron Plate Mail is supposed to be the low end plate mail, maybe this book price can be lowered...

Here are book prices for all the plate armors available in game:

Book of Iron Plate Mail: 20kgc

Book of Steel Plate Armor: 6kgc

Book of Titanium Plate Armor: 6kgc

Book of Bronze Plate Armor: 20kgc

Book of Red Dragon Mail: 20kgc

Book of Black Dragon Mail: 20kgc

Book of Ice Dragon Mail: 20kgc

So, anyone else find it odd that the Iron Plate Mail book costs over 3 times as much as the Steel and Titanium books and the same amount as the Dragon armor books?

Given that Iron Plate Mail is supposed to be the low end plate mail, maybe this book price can be lowered...

It WAS lowered, it originally was 40k for Book of Iron Plate Mail.

I am sure that if you look, you will find many many prices and recipes and stats that need adjustment in the game. :pickaxe:

I would agree with this. Given that the Iron armor is no longer the top-of-the-line armor, it's book pricing should fall somewhere between the chain armor below it and the steel/titanium armor above it. So for the torso armor, that would be between 2500 (iron chain) and 6000 (steel/titanium), perhaps 4K or 5K.

Oh, and just because there are lots of fixes that could be made (which is true) that's no reason to not make this one and others as they're brought up.

Edited by bkc56

I suggested it not so long ago, and it got reduced by half, you're just best off making it on No Knowledge days.

That's not how the free market works. Prices are set not only by the complexity of the item, but also by the usefulness of the product.

... but also by the usefulness of the product.

Given the addition of augmented below the iron armor, and a number of options above, what is the usefulness of the iron armor these days? Or in terms of an actual measurement that can be taken, how many are made and destroyed (through usage) these days compared to before the above mentioned additions? Has the usefulness maintained or dropped?

Right now probably not that much, but nevertheless, people have the option not to buy it if they don't like the price. This is how the EL market is, you can't expect everything to make sense, just as the real market doesn't always make sense.

Right now probably not that much, but nevertheless, people have the option not to buy it if they don't like the price. This is how the EL market is, you can't expect everything to make sense, just as the real market doesn't always make sense.

Isn't this the truth :devlish:

For instance...

Go to the store in my state to buy a 20oz bottle of Coca Cola and your going to pay ~1.39 but if you buy a 2 liter of it then the cost is only $0.50 more at $1.89.

2 liters = 67.6280454 US fluid ounces

So you are getting well over 3x the amount of product for much cheaper than if you bought 3 20oz bottles of it.

Now I know it cost more for packaging for 3 20oz bottles but the price system here seems way out of whack if you ask me :whistle:

I never buy a 20oz bottle because of this. If I am out and need a drink I just buy a $0.99 bottle of water or Arizona Ice Tea.