Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Dugur

More ND area to DPA

Atm Desert Pines arenas can be used to take advantage of newcomer mistakes by using poison during fights - target disses without mana and goes outside to die. Most often because not being able to read the situation in the hassle and too late noticing they're poisoned. This in no way encourages new players to try learn PK. In most of the cases the looter is old player with alt char who knows the tricks.

Ofc there's nothing against rules in poison looting (or is this in category of "Do not patronize, mislead, or take advantage of people as they become acquainted with the environment and make beginners mistakes"?) and there's many ways to avoid losing items out there but the main problem here is that ppl in 40's arena can be... clueless. Easy prey.

So what I suggest is to make the surrounding area of the 40's arena no drop too to add a bit of newcomer protection. There's no need to do the same to 60's or KF because players there already have or should have enough game experience to avoid mistakes.

#edit: The corner coords of the area I'm thinking of would be (area surrounded by stone wall)

48, 251 | 71, 251

48, 234 | 71, 234

Edited by Dugur

Dugur's suggestion is good.

We want newcomers to have fun, so they continue playing, not be 'tricked' into losing their gear.

I don't agree,there is also Warning message and if they won't,the don't have to enter that,or if they,they can wear cheap stuff...

I love poisoning people and getting there drops. :pickaxe: (Not so much now I removed my Will. :pickaxe:) Although, for DPA, this is a good idea. :D

Dugur comes up with some ideas that I do not like, but I like this one.

I honestly don't remember if there is a message that says you are poisoned by magic or not. I don't get poisoned that way often. Perhaps if there is, you could even have a message saying "You are poisoned and about to leave a no drop zone. That might not be a good idea." if that is the case.

Being poisoned does give a message. The abotu to leave a no drop zone addition to that wouldn't really help imo, and it would be harder than just making that area nd.

Thats a great idea dugur and may help encourage would be pker's to keep doing it instead of quitting, i like it, some of these alt players are too ebul for newbies. In fact some are damn right dirty :(