Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TotalPE

C2 Population

I just wounder about the % of population on C1 and C2. Cause i have been on C2 serveral of times and i find it verry nice, but there are almost noone else around (exept some people at the storage's)

So i just wounder about the amount of people that actually are regulary on C2

/regards

I'm generally more comfortable on c1, as I've explored it more thoroughly, I venture into c2 for bots, and several npcs from time to time as well as guild projects and business ventures.

You also have to take into account... c1 has about 15 maps and c2 has 25 maps (I'm talking main maps). Obviously the population will be spread thinly throughout c2 due to that.

I consider Irsis storage my home.

Though of late projects I've been working on have kept me more half/half in Palon Vertas and Naralik. With occasional feros training in Bethel or NRM.

But except for very specific reasons I tend to stay on C2 as much as possible. Naralik sto is my "home away from home" when I need to be on C1.

I float about both but I spend most of my time in C2. Some storages on C2 can be quite empty but that's probably because there are other storages that are better in terms of convenience or harvest/spawns.

Very Quiet storages - Melinis, Thelinor

Quiet storages - Arius, Willovine, Iscalrith,

Active storages - Irsis, Glacmor

Busy - SRM, PV, EVTR

This is what I perceive of the storages of C2. There are some missing I know but you get the idea. :( What's all your opinions?

I'm a C1 guy. Old habits and st00f.

Irilion is really well made, but it's too spacy, in my opinion.

A year ago did I always stay C2 and liked to be on the more rare used maps.

Coal in Glacmor

Sulfur Sedi

Silver and iron Bethel

BQ and iron Thelinor

Minerals in Melinis - can not be mined now

I used Thelinor, PV and Glacmor storage.

After I came back did I move to C1

Reason Lenny - most of the places I used to mine is outdoor and I dont sit and look at a mining char but read, cook and other RL things.

Another reason - very often when I log on are there invasion in Bethel - my best place, or leftovers some unknown places - and very few players online so they take time to get killed

Or invasions start when I'm mining - I have to move to NC storage.

So much easier to stay C1 - maps are smaller and it's easy to go to an indoor storage.

Yes, I know I'm lazy but I play games to relax

Edited by Zamirah

Right now, I am mostly on c2 for iron in evtr, and training on other stuff. I usually go to c1 probably for the wraith, starting instances, and some bots.

My old graphics card didn't like C2 - it would lag because most C2 areas have a higher model population than C1 areas.

Now I have a much better GPU, CPU, and mobo but old prejudices die hard and I still prefer C1

Couse i have had some thougts about it, and i wounder if there could be a way to get people over there.

Maybe one way is that when you start a new character in el, there could be a 50/50 chance to start on C2 instead of C1 with that character.

Or you actually have to chose where to start from.

This will require an beam, wraith, beginners quest's on C2 as well probobly.

As far as i know there are no "easy" way back to C1 from C2 beside Beam me, so the thrill everyone feel to get from C1 to C2 first time could be about the same when you get from C2 to C1 if you actually started on C2

What you think about that? I would like to se more people on C2 map as well. Could that be a way to do it?

@totalPE hmm, i dont know if i find that a good way for the newbies...maybe its a little annoying if you spend your first time ig to meet lenny several times on c2? :-) ans also i think some of the creatures on c2 wouldnt give a funny tour for a newbie walking around :-)

i like c2 very much just coz its not so flooded with people and you have more to see and also more silent places where you can harv :-)

lenny maybe the only exception for c2, but hey... that makes it exciting to travel around c2 at night ;-)

so i personally dont think that there are to less people on c2, its just bigger (like acelon mentioned).

Maybe one way is that when you start a new character in el, there could be a 50/50 chance to start on C2 instead of C1 with that character.

C2 isn't even a topic allowed for discussion in newbie support channel, much less a place to be dropping off brand new players. It wasn't designed for them.

Newbies have a hard enough time trying to learn the basics on the (relatively) much safer C1. Dumping them on C2 is pretty much begging them to quit before they even start. We're trying to keep newbies, not run them off.

I spend most of my time on c1, but thats reducing as a/d training on feros or dcw takes me to c2. Also getting a lot of gypsum fumes lately so in the mine often now aswell.

I think for everyday routine c1 has enough to offer though

For the most part I train on C2, and do most everything else on C1.

Though recently one of the new quests forced me to get up off my lazy butt, dust off the MM cape, and do a lot of C2 exploring that I'd always meant to do, and kept putting off. There are some very interesting places and secrets on C2. It is certainly worth wandering around from time to time.

C2 is more to my liking than C1...

even with C2 having more maps, if you worked out all the math, i do believe more people like C1 and stay in C1. when i first joined EL my guildies were quite often in C2 and i learned alot about C2 right away and spent most of my time there.

im surprised that no one mentioned iscalrith storage. its always been my favorite sto. even after the trassian HE cave had everything taken out of it, the trassian/iscalrith dra syn/iscal city resources and mazes/secrets way around and close proximity of portals room without using essies. its mostly all inside too for those who worry about lenny. i dont mind a slightly longer walk for the seclusion it offers. south east C2 is very much unused and a hyperbag users paradise.