Eternal Lands Official Forums

Well yeterday before falling asleep got and idea (probably stupid as always stupid one) about invasion drop "exp stones"

it could be maked in thous ways:

1. lvl "skill" xp stone

expl: lvl 1 magic xp stone = can be used only for ppls who have lvl 20 to 40 magic skill and gives 2k xp

lvl 2 magic xp stone = can be used only for ppls who have lvl 40 to 60 magic skill and gives 5k xp

end etc...

2. more "skill" xp stone

exmpl: more magic xp stone = then you use it you get 20% more magic xp for 10 minutes

more enginering xp stone = then you use it you get 20% more enginering xp for 10 minutes

end etc....

i think it would add some more fun for clearing invasions :/ ofc it can be verry rare drops

EDIT: As always big sorry for all mistakes i made in this post with my pure language

Edited by newhope

Buying exp? Seriously? No.

Mana drain or life drain ping pong is already bad enough as it is. As for the skill stones, we have scholar's days.

Mana drain or life drain ping pong is already bad enough as it is. As for the skill stones, we have scholar's days.

crap xp only like few k... and if its rare its more fun not that usefull... if they would give realy much xp then i would say same... but with like 10k xp for lvl 90 its allmoust nothing just a bit fun then you get that stone :icon13: and more ineterest to kill

gives 2k xp

gives 5k xp

You know what? This is called "CRYING", he said only 2k and 5k exp and you jumped out and said no buying exps, roflmao, gl for someone who gonna catch your magic level with buying 87913687162873 of this stones, i lol'ed

-Kaddy

PS; He was trying to add some more fun to invasions, if those stones were ingame, people wouldnt hog 16 invaded dcws, instead, people would kill them faster to get the stone :) more fun :icon13:

Nice idea, newhope.

gives 2k xp

gives 5k xp

You know what? This is called "CRYING", he said only 2k and 5k exp and you jumped out and said no buying exps, roflmao, gl for someone who gonna catch your magic level with buying 87913687162873 of this stones, i lol'ed

-Kaddy

PS; He was trying to add some more fun to invasions, if those stones were ingame, people wouldnt hog 16 invaded dcws, instead, people would kill them faster to get the stone :) more fun :icon13:

Nice idea, newhope.

You're saying how insignificant these stones are, then also saying that people would stop what they normally do to kill monsters, in order to earn them? Which is it? The invasion monsters now already drop tokens, 10k gc bags, and perk removal stones. Some people love to serp gargoyles for easy drops while others put away their weapon in a sea of desert chims. The same thing would happen even with these stones, so your argument makes no sense. Invasions are cleared every time now. There is no issue with motivating people to fight the invaded creatures.

fail @ buying xp.

Before someone 'omfgs' me, Why add them at all if its so little xp?

w/o thous stones: oh daman another 200dc w/o any drop :icon13:

with stones: \o/ lol just got 5k xp stone ^^

Even i got boored at invasions...they became verry booring in real (its just my opynion so pls dont flame about this) but with maybe new drops (its not about getting more xp or getting gc... ) it would make a bit funnier. well i think so. and guys buying xp? lol hald of chars is bought in game... what a hell are you talking with buying few k of xp... and its not buying, you just get them as reward... + i think its posible to make them not able to be sold or trade, so just finder could use em

I like the idea, that might be fun.

It's like the blessings harvesters get (if the XP from a stone will be the same amount blessings give).

And no one ever has complained, that those blessings ruin the game in total.

Piper

and guys buying xp? lol hald of chars is bought in game... what a hell are you talking with buying few k of xp...
If I had my way, I'd eliminate this too. :icon13:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Note also that character selling and buying is NOT officially supported or endorsed. You all do that on your own at your own risk.

I like the idea, that might be fun.

It's like the blessings harvesters get (if the XP from a stone will be the same amount blessings give).

And no one ever has complained, that those blessings ruin the game in total.

Piper

I sure don't get 5k exp for a harvest event blessing. Also there is the negative that you stop harvesting when you get it, not to mention the balancing negative harvest effects as well. (Plus I think there are a fair number of people who would rather forgo the blessings and just have an uninterupted full harvest)

I sure don't get 5k exp for a harvest event blessing. Also there is the negative that you stop harvesting when you get it, not to mention the balancing negative harvest effects as well. (Plus I think there are a fair number of people who would rather forgo the blessings and just have an uninterupted full harvest)

We are talking about only a few k exps, and if you look at the number of the invasions vs harvests, exp will be balanced, and for the negative effect? you risk your rosto to go invasions? :icon13:

and guys buying xp? lol hald of chars is bought in game... what a hell are you talking with buying few k of xp...
If I had my way, I'd eliminate this too. :icon13:

Two wrongs don't make a right.

agree 100%

well and harvers get such bless with harv med (yes it can be destroed on event too but we can destroy our items with fighting thous thousands invasion monsters...)

anyways is Aislinn say no probably we can end this discution :)

Harvest meds ?

I think the drops should be potions, like the normal but they are used when you picked up and last for an hour - or untill the last monsters are killed.

And only 1 potion should work even if you pick more than 1 up.

Harvest meds ?

I think the drops should be potions, like the normal but they are used when you picked up and last for an hour - or untill the last monsters are killed.

i didnt get it,

You mean, the drop should be a pot that makes you able to get more exp untill the invasion ends? or something like that? :icon13:

Harvest meds ?

i didnt get it,

You mean, the drop should be a pot that makes you able to get more exp untill the invasion ends? or something like that? :)

You got it :icon13:

Pick an att pot up and you will be superman for the next hour :devlish:

You got it :icon13:

Pick an att pot up and you will be superman for the next hour :)

Make it give us the cape of the superman, then i m for it :devlish::w00t:

Oh! Can we keep him? Can we keep him? :icon13:

Oh! Can we keep him? Can we keep him? :)

On three conditions:-

You must not let the newhope near bright light, especially sunlight; You must not allow water to touch the newhope; and, most importantly, you must never, ever feed the newhope after midnight.

EDIT@ Thought I'd better add a suggestion to remain on topic so:-

How about, to keep the fun drops theme, we have a chance to get a Repair Stone? It would work like a saving stone does for critical loss, but on tankel/heavybeard instead? Next phail that either NPC does is negated by the stone, which then disappears. But you get to keep the item that WOULD have otherwise broken and pfft.

Since its single use, it wouldnt make major impact on manu items on market, since the person using it would no doubt try a second time to fix their gears and have a chance again to lose or fix em. Much like losing a saving stone, keeping COL ings and deciding to try your luck mixing without SStone afterwards.

Now THAT would be useful to invasion fighters AND make a fun drop item with little economical impact.

Edited by Pyewacket

How about, to keep the fun drops theme, we have a chance to get a Repair Stone? It would work like a saving stone does for critical loss, but on tankel/heavybeard instead? Next phail that either NPC does is negated by the stone, which then disappears. But you get to keep the item that WOULD have otherwise broken and pfft.

Since its single use, it wouldnt make major impact on manu items on market, since the person using it would no doubt try a second time to fix their gears and have a chance again to lose or fix em. Much like losing a saving stone, keeping COL ings and deciding to try your luck mixing without SStone afterwards.

Now THAT would be useful to invasion fighters AND make a fun drop item with little economical impact.

Every repair stone that enters is one less piece of armor that a manufacturer would otherwise sell. If there were to be an idea like this, maybe it could be something like a recycling stone, where a degraded piece of armor and a stone could be used to retrieve some of the ingredients. E.g. degraded CoL + recycling stone --> 3 ELE + 1 wolfram bar + 1 hydro bar.

Every repair stone that enters is one less piece of armor that a manufacturer would otherwise sell. If there were to be an idea like this, maybe it could be something like a recycling stone, where a degraded piece of armor and a stone could be used to retrieve some of the ingredients. E.g. degraded CoL + recycling stone --> 3 ELE + 1 wolfram bar + 1 hydro bar.

personally, I don't like that. Theres already a large enough market for degraded CoLs, and we certainly have enough enriched essies.

Only SUCCESSFUL repair stones would have that effect Asgnny, not every stone. It could still be 50/50 that even the repair stone would succeed in preventing loss (if it was a successful repair anyway, the stone wouldnt be lost but the armour would have been fixed without it so no difference)

But if the stone DOES save the item, it means the stone is then gone and you STILL have a degraded item to try your luck in fixing *now without that repair stone*

So again, very little has altered except you get 2 tries to repair an item, with only one guaranteed no-loss (but no fixes are guaranteed!!).