Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ozmondius

Effect of Speedhax

Any idea how speedhax will affect guardbot effectiveness? Has anyone tested it? I wonder if we can consider lowering the attack time period if there is a problem.

Yesterday i used speed hax on PK, and to be honest i could run from anyone even when they are using ttr, w/o summons they wouldnt even catch me, and i dont think bots can summon :)

If you can diss the bot (which wont be that hard coz bots hit around 230-240 if you have armor) you would prolly be able to run away inside and kill those pvp'ers easily :P

-Kaddy

Not very fair on those true newbies who are investigating the world around them if the time is lessened even more...

hard enough to realise your in trouble and run away as it is.

Maybe consider making the area where the guard bot protects unaffected by speed hax,

in other words you can not use it in that area. If thats even possible to do.

Just my 2 cents :D

I personally don't think guard bots should be unbeatable anyway. If someone wants to spend 1.5k to get into a guild map, good for them.

I personally don't think guard bots should be unbeatable anyway. If someone wants to spend 1.5k to get into a guild map, good for them.

I agree

If your clever enough to beat them? then do it..

If not then die

Yesterday i used speed hax on PK, and to be honest i could run from anyone even when they are using ttr, w/o summons they wouldnt even catch me, and i dont think bots can summon :)

If you can diss the bot (which wont be that hard coz bots hit around 230-240 if you have armor) you would prolly be able to run away inside and kill those pvp'ers easily :)

-Kaddy

Well, if it is such a concern, why not have the bot guard shout out and warn people that a speed demon is coming through? It could perhaps even warn everyone that it knows is in their domain (and white listed) that the speed demon is there. #gm messages would surely be appropriate. The only trick is......how to determine if the person is on speed hax? If you can't determine that, then warning whenever any intruder is in the area would have to do.

Good luck to you guard bot programmers and guard bot owners in figuring out how to overcome this.

Yesterday i used speed hax on PK, and to be honest i could run from anyone even when they are using ttr, w/o summons they wouldnt even catch me, and i dont think bots can summon :evilgrin:

If you can diss the bot (which wont be that hard coz bots hit around 230-240 if you have armor) you would prolly be able to run away inside and kill those pvp'ers easily :P

-Kaddy

Well, if it is such a concern, why not have the bot guard shout out and warn people that a speed demon is coming through? It could perhaps even warn everyone that it knows is in their domain (and white listed) that the speed demon is there. #gm messages would surely be appropriate. The only trick is......how to determine if the person is on speed hax? If you can't determine that, then warning whenever any intruder is in the area would have to do.

Good luck to you guard bot programmers and guard bot owners in figuring out how to overcome this.

I'm pretty sure the ADD_ACTOR_COMMAND tells you how far the actor has moved, if it's more than one square and wasn't a spell, one would think one could assume (yeah, I know assuming is bad) that the actor is using speed hax (just my first guess at this, but I think that's what you're after...)

Can the gaurd bot also be speed haxed?

Hrm, why not? it might even be able to 'detect' as stated above, and react in kind if needed...

This is something I need to test.

My bot casts teleport to range extremely fast and attacks without fail when it arrives.

It suffers none of the clunky interface problems a player would experience (or fps lag)

Making a bot use summon stones would be a very easy addition, I planned to do it,

but at the time it would have been nothing but a novelty.

Plus it would be extremely expensive way to get into a empty map, that has

no resources or spawns.(side note: People still try to enter our map, why I have no idea.

Its half tempting for me to turn our guard bot off, and make it public, but I enjoy

playing with the Killbot AI too much)

I quick glanced (30 seconds) at the actor struct and saw this:

#ifdef VARIABLE_SPEED

int step_duration;

#endif // VARIABLE_SPEED

At first guess, you can check this if an actor is

using 'speed hax'. I need to really look further, but there

will definitely be a way to detect it.

I expect trying to determine rate by (current xy, previous xy, time elapsed), to fail horribly due to lag.

Now whether detecting it helps, I am not sure at the moment.

But a killbots teleport to range ability is nothing short of w1ck3d s1ck.