Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Vanyel

Axes

There are some really good looking items in Eternal Lands which are hardly used by anybody. Axes are a really good example. There have been several threads addressing the axes issue:

Some of these threads just states axes aren't used at all, some of them suggests some modifications, other new axes-related items.

As long as I don't think we really need some new items I'd like to have axes tweaked in a way more people use them. The outcome would be some increased demanding on enriched water essences, a wider variety of weapon seen in game (right now it's sword, or sword or sword or... sword), and the like.

I'm not a pure-fighter or PKer thus I'd like to ask the ones interested the most in these skills for some suggestion on the way axes' attributes might be adjusted in the way they would consider using them.

From the manuer point of view:

• ingredients are a bit crazy (efe, ewe, 4 serp stones for titanium axe; );
  • required artificial nexus is pretty high (not too high though);
  • other than this - no complains.

Thanks for any comments :pinch:

Edited by Iori

Axe of Freezing.. No one uses that wep, maybe becouse it doesn't paralyze but just gives a message?

(same for Ti plate of freezing.. )

Well, I did have those two items a time ago and tested them.. message popped up, but no paralyze :pinch:

So I think they don't work..

And for the other axes' I think they got nearly no positive (or just 1..)stats and they are not really a good dmg dealer?

Only considering the Tit axe, I would increase the critical to hit, somewhere closer to a rapier (+15)?

The damage is a bit of a range, perhaps 20-35 would be better, with a little more defense pentaltly or an accuracy pentelty

So 20-35 damage -5 defense -5 accuracy +15 critical to damage, and I think you would see this axe be used a lot more

Edit meant -5 defense

Edited by Wizzy

They could be made useful against some types of armors (like bronze or dragon armor).

It would a nice model of paper-scissors-rock scheme. Some weapons have bonuses against one type of armor whilst having penalties against another type of armor.

We would need three types of weapons (slashing (swords), crushing (halberd, axes), blunt/piercing (hammers, maces, spear, even rapier) and three types of armors as well.

They could be made useful against some types of armors (like bronze or dragon armor).

It would a nice model of paper-scissors-rock scheme. Some weapons have bonuses against one type of armor whilst having penalties against another type of armor.

We would need three types of weapons (slashing (swords), crushing (halberd, axes), blunt/piercing (hammers, maces, spear, even rapier) and three types of armors as well.

I like this idea, would make a lot more weapons useful.

I am a fan of axes, first off.

They are already useful. (Well I mainly use them to one hit PWs)

They are critical to damage weapons,with #1 being a

Sunbreaker. I do think they would be used more if the damage was

increased.

However critical to damage means chance to bypass armor, so

care would be needed to keep it from being over powered. Imagine a +8\+15

critical to damage OS or Halberd, too powerful, but an item like this could

compete with dragon+ armors.

(I agree Titanium Axe ings are a bit much, to make its an instant loss with no

gain, I'm afraid myself to even try to make one. Instead manu'ing a Halberd

is a smarter choice)

With might now capped at 48, perhaps a damage boost to the critical to damage

is desirable now.

Side thought:

I always wondered why the drop only weapon, Iron Battle Hammer has negative

critical to damage, since a warhammers task is to pierce\crush armor.

Since we already have the images for these :(

items14qo2.th.png

Make the axes enchantable. More enriched essies poofed (we all like that ^^)

You can simply add fire/ice/magic damage, or you could give them special bonuses (I'm thinking of bolts bonuses = Mana Burn, Cooldown, ..)

I'm guessing the Blue Tit Axe is already used (I never owned an Axe of Freezing). So you could either change it, or also implement an Iron/Steel Axe of Freezing (if it works, I don't know how true post #2 is).

I would suggest removing the axe of freezing from the NPC along with that.

The topic description asks for suggestions. This is merely a suggestion that can be altered.. I wanted to throw it in. Don't shoot me :)

EDIT: Added link to post #2 :P

Edited by Cyprom

Since the attribute cap (low might) and the high armour rating of the dragon armours only weapons with 30 base dmg (Jagged saber and up) or more are used in PK.

Weapons like Cutlass, which once was the weapon of choice for many pkers, just deals too low damage and are not used anymore.

Same for the axes, their damage is too low and their damage range is too wide. Ti axe with 10-35 is still only 27.5 dmg on average. Even a full 35 damage hit is still only a minimum hit from an Orcslayer which does 35-40 damage. A 10-20 dmg hit from Ti axe doest even make damage on dragon armour.

If the damage range of Ti axe was 30-35 dmg then it would get used a lot more.

Edited by Ambrosius

Another idea might be too add an Axe perk. There is one for ranging now, so why not something along of a perk like:

Axe to grind:

Cost 2pp

+5 dam, +5 crit on all axes.

(Something along these lines.)

Why should normal weapons be dependent on perk taking? Swords are not, axes are worse than them. Nobody will waste 2pp to equalize axes to swords, when there is an option (swords) not requiring to sacrifice 2pp. Wrong idea IMO.

Ummm, chance to combat dragon armor. Don't BP cloaks sell for like 2500gc? or less...

Though I do agree in theory that axes our a little outdated because they were before compared to serps alone before all these new swords.

Edited by Hermit

I do like some of Cyproms ideas - we already have a book of enchanted weapons book :icon13:

And on that note I would like to see a new staff to bridge the gap from Quaterstaff <--> Staff of the mage/Staff of protection :> (something like a titanium staff would rock)

I do like some of Cyproms ideas - we already have a book of enchanted weapons book :icon13:

And on that note I would like to see a new staff to bridge the gap from Quaterstaff <--> Staff of the mage/Staff of protection :> (something like a titanium staff would rock)

dragon blade ^^

Wizzy j00 n00b lol that doesn't bridge the gap - for one thing thats human 7 (comparing Q-staffs human 2 and SotM/SoP human 5).

As for axes, I'd love for them to be tweaked so that they will be more useful. I would also agree to the notion to let them be new drops and have trik able to buy from you. (Could work with fixing drops of unpopular spawns).

Wizzy j00 n00b lol that doesn't bridge the gap - for one thing thats human 7 (comparing Q-staffs human 2 and SotM/SoP human 5).

As for axes, I'd love for them to be tweaked so that they will be more useful. I would also agree to the notion to let them be new drops and have trik able to buy from you. (Could work with fixing drops of unpopular spawns).

lol

I honestly would be game for more staffs in game (and imo 7 human for a dragon blade seems a little high for its effectiveness)

But I thought since this was a thread on axes and not staffs we could combine a staff with axe blades on each end (i.e. dragon blade) :icon13: