Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Clawshrimp

Bans.... a certain guild.....

I am greatly pleased that the makers and keepers of the game have done such a good job with keeping things balanced, it is good to see people that are banned for offensive language/names/behavior, by banning such players you have done great work in keeping the game fun for everyone.

It came as a shock then to discover as I was scrolling through the guild list a guild called "Satanic squad", is this not in direct contradiction of your policy against offense names/behavior/language?, or do names that are only offensive to other religions not count into the facter?.

Satan is by no means offensive to any religion. He is the most beautyful angel created by god, according to the jewish and christian mithology.

If that is your say.

but if I may, not to contradict you, but satan is the fallen angel who is the root of evil, even humans evil is rooted to him, it was because of him that we are a fallen race, and i imagine that if you ask any christian on the game if satan is offensive the answer will most probably be yes

but again, its your game, your judgment call.

thank you for responding.

(Edit): also before his fall his name was not satan, it was lucifer (incorrect spelling?)

ent is right- regardless of whether your a christian or not(i am) satan was created as the most powerful angel,the most beautiful etc. However it was his thirst for power that led to his downfall. Maybe there guild name is related to a search of power

Satan isn't the root of all evil, god is the root of all evil, since god created satan, and allowed/allows him to do his evil deeds.

And since god is the root of everything, then he is also the root of evil.

Even if you DO consider Satan the root of all evil...how is that offensive? :shock:

Ben Topolt (Punkerslut) author of the Satanic Bible

Another thing to understand is that the Satanism of Anton LaVey is not what is commonly understood as Satanism. He does not believe in Satan in the Christian sense. His theological standpoint can be simplified with the term Atheist

I know it isn't. In fact I kind of even like their comamndments. And their sins list. The biggest sin in satanism is stupidity :P

I'm a Christian, but I study Buddhism. I can do both since Buddhist don't believe in a god. I'm not praying to any false gods. Ok I know we are getting off topic here.

Budhism is very incompatible with Christianity.

Budhism claims that you reicnarnate over and over again until you become spiritually refined to such a degree that you reach the ultimate goal, that being the stae of Nirvana.

Christianity claims that you have only ONE life, and no matter how much you fuck up you can still go to heaven if you aknowledge and accept Jesus, or go to hell even if you did good all your life, but don't accept Jesus.

I am, in theory, a Christian, but I have my own religion (based on Budhism, determinism, and other things). In fact, the philosophy in the move The Matrix reflects pretty well what I believe (I did believe that even before seeing the movies, so don't think that I am a Matrix freak).

Basically I beleive that we have little or no free will, and everything happens for a purpose, and we already decided what we'll do (possibly even before being born) and we live only to experiment new emotions/situations and understand why we took various predefined choices.

Satan is by no means offensive to any religion. He is the most beautyful angel created by god, according to the jewish and christian mithology.

but he turned into the ugliest of all.

Ok you lost me there.

Buddhism is very incompatible with Christianity

I am, in theory, a Christian, but I have my own religion (based on Buddhism, determinism, and other things)

What I took of that was that we both believe in the same thing(minus the matrix. lol)

What I meant was that I am a Christian because I was bapthised as one, but I do not believe in the validity of this religion, or in the Christian god, or his son.

And when I said I believe in the philosophy from the Matrix I didn't mean I believe we live in Matrix, or somethign similar. I said the PHILOSOPHY from it, not their settings/rules.

Saying

I love Satan

and getting banned is against American Beliefs

A girl at school always wears a Satan is a Nerd T-shirt, but she does not get in trouble. Why? Satanist are a minority and are allowed to take abuse. Much like blacks and Jews, people like you are prejudice basards. Guys, I know a little about satanism. You actually want to be evil and be able to burn people in hell WITH the same Christian Satan.

Being baptized Christian doesn't make you a Christian in theory. If I was to renounce the Christian faith would I still be a Christian?? As far as Buddhism and Christianity being incompatible, I don't believe that I will be reincarnated. I mearly said that I am studying Buddhism. I believe that you can reach a higher state of existence through meditation and self reflexion.

ok, i did not realize there would be so many responses, first off, it was not lucifers thirst for power that led to his fall, it was his envy of gods creation of humans (basically he got jealous of humans), and yes, satanism (in its true meaning) should be taken as offensive to any christian, but i am not here to preach on religion, or try and convert anyone, or try and convince Entropy to ban the guild, i merely thought to bring the guilds name to attention.

All major religions are wrong. Why? Everyone who started these religions "Heard voices from god". I believe the is a form of INSANITY now days. So, Shut the **** up. All your religions are majorly wrong... Don't move this to flames if you find it offensive, just delete it. I do not hate people based on their relgion still. Though, I do hate what the Catholics have done, by that meaning forcing others to believe only what they do through missionary work. I think people should be allowed to believe whatever the hell they want. It's funny how the Constitution allows people to have their own religions when everyone says YOUR RELIGION IS WRONG, JOIN OURS OR GO TO HELL. Just shut the hell up. If I made a topic called "Jesus" is bullsh*t then I would get my post deleted. Well, this is pretty much the same thing with "toned down" language. I HATE EUPHEMISM...I will get to that later. :roll:

Christians hate everything that does the bible tells them to. Well, Satan was banished from heaven by Jesus. HELLO. Satanist agree with something Christians do not. That is "Wrong" for them. I hate actind serious. REDONKULI STIMULATED. B0na, PENUT BUTTA JELLIE!

Christians hate everything that does the bible tells them to. Well, Satan was banished from heaven by Jesus. HELLO. Satanist agree with something Christians do not. That is "Wrong" for them

I have to disagree with you. The bible does not say to hate anyone. And so what if Satanist have a different belief system then we do. As a Christian am I to take offense towards Atheist, Buddhist, and Jews??

Dear god. The bible tells you to hate no one, ever here of making an thinking for yourself? Satan is the "antagonist" of the Bible, therefore you hate him. Actually, most people DO take offense in other people's religions. Islam and Christianity are the prime examples. (Hint: Crusades). I used Christians as an example because they are the most popular Western Religion.