Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Affliction

the new lvl effects

I just think it would be cool if everyone could see your leveling effect.. kinda like when you cast a spell. everyone see's it..

i think it would be cool to be in an arena or at a ore or in the storage and all the sudden. some one levels next to you..

idk just an idea.

*prepares for the remarks*

some people, especially pkers, are very concerned about keeping their levels secret, so better tie it to privacy setting?

if privacy is off effect for all, if on effect only for your own.

some people, especially pkers, are very concerned about keeping their levels secret, so better tie it to privacy setting?

if privacy is off effect for all, if on effect only for your own.

yea i like that idea.. but. when the effect happens.. ppl seeing it would only know "what" lvl was gained.. not the actual number value for a lvl.. they would know i went up and attack lvl but not tht i got lvl 70 attack.

but yes. i like that idea too.

No need to tie it to privacy setting, just do as you said Jizzy and only show the effect, not the level numbers.

Good idea imo.

I would like it too, but I think there would be a lot of effects on IP since most new players level hard in the beginning, and when they start game they also earn some levels directly.

I'd like to be able to see others lvl effects. Maybe there could be an eye candy sub option like "turn off global eye candy" if you didnt want to see others effects but still wanted to see yours.

Well, it's been less than 48 hours, give the developers at least a couple more days to respond if they like the idea. :pinch:

No need to poll every single suggestion. :blush:

(just my awesome uber l33t ones)

and lol Mango :pickaxe:

well i had been sitting on this idea for a week or two before i posted it. wondering if it was good or not..

im glad ppl like it. maybe it will get imlpemented..now all i can do is wait. :rolleyes:

Visible-for-all level up effects would require a new server message or at least new eye candy messages.

There are currently 76 of 255 effects used, so still plenty of room.

As buffs will be visible-for-all in the not too distant future, maybe level up effects will be too.