Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The arrow+weapon feature/bug(?) at Showdown events

The arrow+weapon feature/bug(?) at Showdown events  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should the arrow+weapon feature/bug(?) be allowed at Showdown events?

• Yes, it should be allowed.
    • No, it should not be allowed.

Should I allow competitors to take advantage of the magic/ice/fire arrow + melee weapon feature/bug(?) at the "Showdown" PK tournaments i run?

What does everyone think...?

Since it is in game it should be allowed whether if its ridiculous or not.

I think it's ridiculous that damage from a sword is increased by arrows on your back. :hug:

I personally agree, i do not like this feature/bug at all.

Being able to convert the damage your weapon is inflicting from physical damage (that is absorbed by armor) to fire, ice or magic damage (that is not affected by armors normal damage absorption) makes everyones attack ability too strong.

The attribute cap increased the need for good strategy with your weapon selection, the higher damage great swords having a low accuracy bonus and the high accuracy ones doing low damage... with this feature/bug we're back to Cutty's doing a lot of damage again.

Since this function hasn't been removed in recent server updates, i presume it is a feature, not a bug... if it's here to stay, then i don't think i should just rule it out straight away, hence the poll.

Edited by Korrode

Your contest, your rules, still I have to say something.

You said this contest isnt a test of richery or luck and from what I know those arrows arent expensive at all and do not have % chance to do anything.

I consider they spice the game and the contest up a bit although I agree its ridiculous that an arrow give you more pure damage.

You said this contest isnt a test of richery or luck and from what I know those arrows arent expensive at all and do not have % chance to do anything.

If the arrows were expensive, we wouldn't be having a poll, i would have just ruled them out... since i don't like how they work, and as u said, it's not a competition of riches.

It's only because they are fairly cheap that i'm considering allowing them at all.

EDIT:

To elaborate further, not being about riches is one of two key goals with my tournaments... the other goal being that strategy is highly rewarded.

IMO these arrows being used with weapons will reduce the need for good strategy a lot, and will significantly shorten the length of the fights.

Edited by Korrode

Your contest, your rules, still I have to say something.

Can't agree more.

It seems you don't like it. Disallow it, then.

From my point of view, if it is a bug and not intended feature using it is against the game rules (rule no. 5). If it isn't a bug I wouldn't like to see it regardless. It lacks the elementary logic for me.

<edit>

I didnt' vote. I'm not taking part in the event, thus, my vote might fake the poll result.

Edited by Vanyel
short addition

I didnt' vote. I'm not taking part in the event, thus, my vote might fake the poll result.

Everyone is welcome to vote, spectators and competitors alike... i may some day attempt to run CL based PK tournaments or could be applying the allowed equipment ruleset of the Showdowns to other comps, so i'm interested in the opinion of anyone who would potentially compete in any PK event... I want spectators to enjoy themselves as well, i don't really know if most people enjoy longer strategic fights or fast ending high paced fights.

So all votes are welcome.

The only reason i decided to see what everyone thinks at all is because there are strategies that can be used to very effectively defend against a person using this feature/bug.

This poll also serves to ensure, if this is going to be allowed, that all competitors are aware of it... and possibly get confirmation as to whether or not it is a bug or a feature. ^^

I voted no..

I'm not in the contest, but it is a contest around my levels. Due to a reset and the lack of experience (actual PK experience) I decided not to enter.

I didn't even know that the arrow bonus was added to the melee weapon.. I had been wondering why some fighters wore quivers during the total war.

I feel like it's a bug, because it doesn't make sense at all. But it could be a feature too I guess.. Still, I would not allow it. The reason has been explained above a few times already :P

It's merely my opinion, but that's what a poll is for no? :hug:

I find your argument weak...should BRoD also be allowed then?

hmm interesting point, from a purely strategic point of view if I voted I would vote Yes.. but only if guidelines where set in place

ie: It is a ok to start a fight with an arrow equiped, but once it has broken it is not allowed to be replaced and a shield IS NOT allowed to be equiped in its place either, then players have to think wether is a good strategy to use one or not.. Gain of high damage vs risk of losing it and being shieldless

Edited by conavar

I find your argument weak...should BRoD also be allowed then?

doesnt matter, every1 gonna use red capes anyway