Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Sky Client Test #1

In fact you were in grab mode (alt-g) so you just need to press alt-g again to leave it. And we're going to add a cursor in the middle of the screen.

Yes that must have been the problem. I thought I had exited that before I went back to perspective but must not have. I have been using first person the last few days with no more problems.

Side note: Might be cool to have some kind of "Magic Sky" over the teleportal rooms. Just thought of it while I was walking around and thought it might be a fun thing to mess with.

Also I know it would take some map editing but being able to click on the location flags in said rooms while in FP might be nice, but I understand if this is not practical.

Keep up the great work :P

I'm having more bugs show up. maybe cosmetic. but I have found 2 buildings so far that have moved. If you look at Elf_Ninja's picture you can see the Flower shop has moved 5 tiles to wards the other building covering up the stairs.

A 2nd house that has shifted is in Isla Prima.

Thank you very much for reporting this! :P

The EVTR tavern has also moved. I was wondering what was going on, cause my character walked right through it on the way to the mine.

Side note: Might be cool to have some kind of "Magic Sky" over the teleportal rooms. Just thought of it while I was walking around and thought it might be a fun thing to mess with.

Yes that's possible, good idea :bow_arrow:

Also I know it would take some map editing but being able to click on the location flags in said rooms while in FP might be nice, but I understand if this is not practical.

You can click on banners/flags, doors....of course you do have to be some distance nearby.

I was wondering whether the new up/down behaviour in the game window (ie changing the slant of the camera up and down using the up and down arrows) is intentional. Currently, at least in my CVS build with skybox, hitting up or down sends the screen to the extremes of the range of up and down-ness, rather than stepping through various angles per keytap like it used to.

Gah I reread that and I am not sure i am explaining what I mean properly :S.

S.

Is there a way to turn off the right-click menu? That might be useful. Nevermind. Found it! :omg: Ty Molly

I haven't seen any moon, sun or stars and do not use CVS (just unzippes as directed in the topic starter) so I don't know how useful that is for you to know. Maybe a graphics report? I've forgotten the #command for that too :/

Edited by kailomonkey

I don't know if this is the right Thread, but I'll mention it anyways. As far as I noticed the clouds on the normal sky are bitmaps. Some parts look a bit pixelated, which is probably a result of the low texture resolution. However in underworld they seem to be generated through an OpenGL function. Would it be possible to do that on the normal sky too?

I haven't seen any moon, sun or stars and do not use CVS (just unzippes as directed in the topic starter) so I don't know how useful that is for you to know. Maybe a graphics report? I've forgotten the #command for that too :/

It's weird. Can't you see the sun at the east between 0:30 and 0:45 or at the west between 3:15 and 3:30? If not, can you post a screenshot please with also the options you are using in the sky/cam tab?

I don't know if this is the right Thread, but I'll mention it anyways. As far as I noticed the clouds on the normal sky are bitmaps. Some parts look a bit pixelated, which is probably a result of the low texture resolution. However in underworld they seem to be generated through an OpenGL function. Would it be possible to do that on the normal sky too?

The underworld clouds still use the bmp texture, they just move differently.

The pixelation isn't so nice, but having real textures means that they'll also look more realistic than computer generated ones can.

It's weird. Can't you see the sun at the east between 0:30 and 0:45 or at the west between 3:15 and 3:30? If not, can you post a screenshot please with also the options you are using in the sky/cam tab?

Sure, I'll try and do that :P

Keep missing the times for one reason or another :/ Still trying

Edited by kailomonkey

One thing I have noticed is that zooming in/out makes reflections of trees etc in water disappear/re-appear.

Other than that it's excellent! The sky looks great and it definitely gives the game a far better feel.

Nice work!

BTW, I actually prefer the harvesting effect as the big column with the low particle decay, it's much nicer. If that could be left in as an option or something that would be great. Also, kind of off-topic but, whatever happened to the eye candy for OA/a/d levels? It was in the RC's but not in the final 1.6 release... It was REALLY good. ;D

EDIT : Removed a problem I fixed.

Edited by FatboyJaxx

I don't see the sun and moon either. When I turn of sun during the sunrise, I notice that it lacks a light source from a certain direction, however I don't see a sun like in this screenshot: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...=si&img=502

The moon I've never seen so far. I suspected it might have been covered by trees or other things, but I tried to look all over the sky and I simply couldn't find it. So I guess it doesn't work for me.

just fyi: I'm using the client provided by Roja. All textures are there.

It depends at which time you look at the horizon for the sun. The good times are between 0:30 and 0:45 or between 3:15 and 3:30.

For the moons, it depends on the year, month, day so they'll never be at the same position. You can also see them during the day sometimes...

In the Kusamura Arena you can get with your cam under the water, because the walkable tile is a bit under it. This way your camera can somehow get under the boulders there. I'm sure there are other places too where it's possible.

kusaarenaelscreen009ij0.png