Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Cycloonx

Selling online buddy lists

I have been spending several hours on making an online website that can serve you as an online buddy list. You can simply add names of players you want to keep track of. This can be nice to see when your friends/enemies are online when you aren't ingame, or your ingame buddy list is too small!

To show that this is no scam you can see I have been playing around with online/offline players before: click here

Players can log in on their buddy list from this page: click here

If there are any more questions, please shoot ;)

Update: The buddylist can be made for free now, I'm not online that much and some people already pm'd/gossip'd me to tell they were intrested but I had no time to collect gc. So have fun with it, you can register from the login page.

Edited by Cycloonx

sounds nice, I want a free one too ;)

btw. probably add groups or colors to make it easier to highlight enemies or w/e.

Edited by HaRes

btw. probably add groups or colors to make it easier to highlight enemies or w/e.

Yes i'm planning to add this in the near future.

9 gone, so 1 left, be fast! :)

and add a remove function :)

and add a remove function :)

remove function will be added tomorrow :)

And would you like comments/criticisms/suggestions in forum PM or this post :P

You can chose yourself, pm or post here, all is fine :P

Edit: People in your list can be deleted now :P

Edited by Cycloonx

hehe, that was going to be my first comment :P

other less essential suggestions I had in mind are these:

Auto Refresh (of logged statuses) - only every 5 minutes possible I know :)

Sound Alert (on logged status change) - perhaps check boxes of whom you'd like alerts about

Ordering and Grouping - eventually a way of ordering and grouping the people in your list yourself

Sorry if any of these are already active or planned for, but they are all features I think would give your facility a greater advantage over the regular buddy list.

Advantages already ofcourse being that you don't need to be logged into EL, the number of people allowed is extended and finally, there is no mutual agreement required (for better or worse). A downside already noted is that it does not have all player names captured, so some will take time before they are able to be added. Any improvement in this will be greatly appreciated, perhaps having the online list checked more frequenty for new players to be included.

Well goodluck, and thankyou for the free testing acount :) I intend to stay tuned in to all developments.

Just added two people I couldn't yesterday :)

Edited by kailomonkey

Auto refresh is already in, but probably you didn't notice since it only refreshes every 5 minutes :laugh:

Sound alert is a good idea, but might be harder to implent, I might take a look at it though in the future

Grouping will come for sure

And new players are added every 5 minutes, 2114 known players atm.

Pressing enter to add a player is an annoying problem to program for me since I don't really know how to check with javascript which button has been pushed. I might take a look at it this weekend (i'm very busy atm for school).

And almost 3000 players known atm :)

Edit: Now you can use enter to add a player :)

Edited by Cycloonx