Eternal Lands Official Forums
PaulB

Guild Map Guard Creatures

I was thinking that it would be cool if the EL shop offered special "guard creatures" for guild maps.

Instead of having a character with the 500/500 p/c why not sell other MOBs to use for guard bots?

It would be cool to have a guard Yeti or a guard white tiger.

These would have to have regular programing like a guard bot but have the "skin" of whatever creature they choose.

The creators of EL could profit from these too because the coding would have to be done by people like Learner.

EL could offer a yearly fee (on top of the regular blessing and bot charge that is)

This would help the creators make more "bricks" and would also add a new feature to EL.

Just an idea and I hope that some people comment about it.

It would be cool if any bot could be changed to a creature :P

Agneum as a sleek white tiger ftw :)

Agneum as a sleek white tiger ftw :)

But trading with an animal/monster doesn't make much sense, whereas getting your ass kicked by some guardian critter is in everyday EL spirit. If you limit it to humanoid monsters, I'd say it'd work for tradebots as well... could be something like 50-100 USD to have your bot look like a clops :P

Agneum as a sleek white tiger ftw :huh:

Erm does have a point though, trading with a tiger would be plain weird (and I have no clue if the client allows trading with animals).

Though a concern of mine is, I know that the mods have the power to do that stuff, (seen mortos as a 100X spider and Jayden as a monster fox), but monsters take up more then one sqaure, and who knows if sitting/rotating would work.

I still wouldn't mind paying $100 or so a year to have my to-be-ingame guardbot to look like a Yeti or something.

EDIT: Just remembered that Learner has a Rent-A-Fox service, so I guess it would work. Still up to them to decide, but I like the idea lol.

Edited by Jaxbot

Erm does have a point though, trading with a tiger would be plain weird (and I have no clue if the client allows trading with animals).

Like I said that they would need special coding but not impossible and it would be worth it for the creators because they could make more $$ off of it I think.

Imagine someone getting pwnd by wood sprite/leprechaun :)

I like that idea, however, animals cannot equip weapons/armor, which would hinder them compared to humaniods.

Imagine someone getting pwnd by wood sprite/leprechaun :)

I like that idea, however, animals cannot equip weapons/armor, which would hinder them compared to humaniods.

Actually.. the weapons would still be equipped, just not shown.

And if this idea is used.. I suggest ONLY for guard bots.. we shouldn't be seeing creatures walking around that are actual trade bots.

And if this idea is used.. I suggest ONLY for guard bots.. we shouldn't be seeing creatures walking around that are actual trade bots.

Yeah, and it'd confuse too many newbies if trade bots had it too.

Imagine someone getting pwnd by wood sprite/leprechaun :devlish:

Yes I agree. As for Khalai comment. . .

I would guess that the look would only be a "skin" that the bot would wear that could be changed, at a cost, to fit the buyers needs.

And yes it would be pretty funny to have a guard rat with a 500/500 p/c lol.

I would suggest that only monsters of certain size would be used. No rats, rabbits, wood sprites, leprechauns, brownies, racoons, skunks and snakes.

Otherwise an unexpected visitor of this map (could be also an accident while exploring) could be killed, before he recognizes, where that guard bot is, even if he heard warning. But maybe that's a desirable trait after all :fire:

why would they click use (or use-with) on something

Because that is how all cool secret places do open :D

Still though, you should be able to see the text that says "Welcome to <so and so's> guildmap!" and "Warning! You have entered a PK map" and "Sorry, this is for <guild> and her allies.".

:icon13: