Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bomwan

pk area where only ranged wepons can be used

after trying bows and arrows on test server i think when rainged wepons come in there should be a area where swords cant be used only bows and arrows or crossbows. :D

the new bows and arrows seem very good but when useing them in pk area its to easy for someone with a sword come and kill you .

this could be like the summoning arenas alerady in el .

It's not easy for someone with a sword to come kill you, unless there a experienced PKer. You can be a far distace away, and they might not see you, if your really smart, there are little tricks you can use to not be seen.

Anyways, on topic, I don't know if I like the idea of a Ranged Arena, I don't see it having much use, and I don't think it would be very fun, something maybe more like target practice, would be a better idea, more of a school of Ranging, or something like that, would be pretty cool. :D

something maybe more like target practice, would be a better idea, more of a school of Ranging, or something like that, would be pretty cool. :)

Funny you mention that, I suggested this to ent just last night and he said no, it would be way too easy to level.

On the other side of that, I also suggested it would be fun to be able to have some targets similar to a dart board coded so we can have contests and games with other players to see who can hit the bullseye :D He did say he would consider this and discuss it with a coder since it would also need client-side coding. This however would not give experience.

something maybe more like target practice, would be a better idea, more of a school of Ranging, or something like that, would be pretty cool. :)

Funny you mention that, I suggested this to ent just last night and he said no, it would be way too easy to level.

On the other side of that, I also suggested it would be fun to be able to have some targets similar to a dart board coded so we can have contests and games with other players to see who can hit the bullseye :bow_arrow: He did say he would consider this and discuss it with a coder since it would also need client-side coding. This however would not give experience.

Hehe. :)

Yeah, I didn't expect it to give exp either, just more for the fun side of things, I really enjoy the skill, and love the idea, also as you said, there could be some fun to be had there with contests, and such. :)

Bad idea IMO.... No point in it and problems with bjing etc. Rangers can now an idea is a new map which has different levels on it so rangers can get up a bit ^^ lol

In TG Magic School garden, there is a place with posts of different heights where you can TPTR from post to post. It looks kind of like an arena, with benches around it, etc. If that were made PK, you could only use ranged weapons in it because I don't think two people can occupy one post top together. The challenge would be to shoot and TPTR to avoid getting hit by your opponent. It would be a challenge for both ranging and magic.

Just a thought in case Ent changes his mind about a ranged weapons arena. B)

In TG Magic School garden, there is a place with posts of different heights where you can TPTR from post to post. It looks kind of like an arena, with benches around it, etc. If that were made PK, you could only use ranged weapons in it because I don't think two people can occupy one post top together. The challenge would be to shoot and TPTR to avoid getting hit by your opponent. It would be a challenge for both ranging and magic.

Just a thought in case Ent changes his mind about a ranged weapons arena. :)

How do u get the db after u own em? Som1 else wud TPTR b4 u could and steal DB........Bad idea

Just a thought in case Ent changes his mind about a ranged weapons arena. ;)

How do u get the db after u own em? Som1 else wud TPTR b4 u could and steal DB........Bad idea

And you would get two frags instead of one when you would kill the thief :)

On the other side of that, I also suggested it would be fun to be able to have some targets similar to a dart board coded so we can have contests and games with other players to see who can hit the bullseye :) He did say he would consider this and discuss it with a coder since it would also need client-side coding. This however would not give experience.

Easier to level than say, 2 players in a guild map shooting each other for xp ? ;)

Im all for a target idea (wether it gives xp or not) and there are plenty of archery targets around EL already that could be used

Just a thought in case Ent changes his mind about a ranged weapons arena. :)

And you would get two frags instead of one when you would kill the thief ;)

Sounds good to me.

And duh, Exeus, it's called a challenge. You want that DB, you're going to have to work on your mouse reflexes to get there first, friend. :P

I was testing out my crossbow on the test server. i was shooting at male ogres. when a male ogre walkes up and attacks me .. i started wacking it with my crossbow. and doing pretty good damage. i was hitting it for 20-40 damage each hit.. i also tried this out on lions/tigers/leapords....several other monsters and anamals.. on all monsters that could attack me.. not me attacking them. i could wack them with my crossbow like a sword and do decent damage.. if this works with all bows then yes. you will be at a slight disadvantage against some one using a sword. but you are not defensless.. if they run up and attack you. then you just start wacking them with your bow..might give you time to switch from a bow to a sword.... IMO i wouldnt just take a bow to a pk map anyways.. i'd have a sword and shield to switch into just in case.

You were hitting 20-40 per turn because I had a bug where all the shots except for those critical were critical (I forgot a !).

And the final arrows will be different than the ones on the test server now.

There are many places in the game that look an awful lot like places where ranged weapon skills were/are practiced. I kinda thought there would be a way to train with them once ranged weapons were introduced, but seems not. I can't say I understand the problem with this, less experience due to non moving targets, and since arrows are not free it is not like a free and risk free experience feast. No different IMO to setting up somewhere like IP rat cave or numerous other places with plenty of creatures in a confined area who cannot hope to hurt the attacker. as with pvp, there is always a chance that another archer could arrive (armed with deadlier arrows of course) and kill you just as surely.

There is also one place I can already think of that is PK, and ideally suited to ranged weapons. If this place became conventional for arrows training, and a decent group of people trained there, it would be a very brave swordsman that entered ;)

There is also one place I can already think of that is PK, and ideally suited to ranged weapons. If this place became conventional for arrows training, and a decent group of people trained there, it would be a very brave swordsman that entered :D

TG magic school sewers? ;)

You were hitting 20-40 per turn because I had a bug where all the shots except for those critical were critical (I forgot a !).

god bless you

i lost a fight on testserver vs a 50 a/d players cuz he mana depleted me 8 times in ~15 seconds xD

There is also one place I can already think of that is PK, and ideally suited to ranged weapons. If this place became conventional for arrows training, and a decent group of people trained there, it would be a very brave swordsman that entered :P

TG magic school sewers? ;)

not the place I was thinking of, so that is 2 places :)

I was thinking of the lava room in MM battle halls. plenty of ranged platforms, and a long walk through a hail of arrows to get close with a sword

god bless you

i lost a fight on testserver vs a 50 a/d players cuz he mana depleted me 8 times in ~15 seconds xD

yeah magic bolt sux ;) but i pwnt korrode 1 mana deplete, then fire arrows: you can hit +80 to players. even i hit a bear for 112 >.< http://kaddyrulez.pictiger.com/images/14544417/

on topic: yeah it would be fun but way to easy to be abused. Vote no from meh :P