Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Pre RC9

I noticed that shadows only seem to be working correctly (at least on my pc) if I have shadow mapping enabled as well. Here's what I did: Turned reflections on (worked fine), turn shadows on (all the water in portland went wonky-lines...), then, turn on shadow mapping, everything looks great again.

And the summer is hot.

Agreed, but summer and hot aren't usually two different options that won't work right unless you select them both ;)

EDIT: fixed my bad spelling...

2nd Edit: isn't it a touch counterproductive to make people feel dumb for pointing out problems (not matter how obvious it might seem to you?) I'm just trying to test things as you've requested and telling you what I've found... If it wasn't odd, I certainly wouldn't have wasted your time with it... :)

Edited by DogBreath

Ok, maybe you didn't explain it properly, but the shadows without the shadowmap are always crappy and slightly buggy.

Post a screenshot if it's more than the usual.

Seem to work

FPS is much better here - 95-97.

Less lag in PV.

Tried spells, harvest, teleroom, mixing.

Only thing is very bad flickering.

Works for me, other than the characters look very dim and not lit up correctly.

Screenshot.

elscreen002.png

Ok, maybe you didn't explain it properly, but the shadows without the shadowmap are always crappy and slightly buggy.

Post a screenshot if it's more than the usual.

Here's what I'm seeing:

withoutshadows.jpg

When I turn on shadows and no shadow mapping:

withshaowsnomapping.jpg

And if I rotate the screen, the water flashes and kinda goes in and out of focus. If I turn on shadow mapping, everything seems great, reflections and shadows (and the water...) Until I figured out the correct combination of settings, I didn't know I could even correct this... Sorry if this wasn't really worth reporting I thought it was a bug...

Oh, ok, this is different.

As a rule, if you don't have shadow mapping and Frame Buffer, don't bother with the shadows or reflections, it will look bad, and we'll soon remove the code that supports those obsolete methods.

Oh, ok, this is different.

As a rule, if you don't have shadow mapping and Frame Buffer, don't bother with the shadows or reflections, it will look bad, and we'll soon remove the code that supports those obsolete methods.

I guess the reason I found these was the thing I reported about it not saving my shadows/reflections settings (and me not clicking them in the right order...) Ty for looking into it.

using this version of RC9 on poor man since thats pretty much how I intend to run EL anyways and all ok so far, despite my obviously old and antiquated GFX card and drivers.

Like I said so many times before, if you have the "can't select shit" problem, change the color mode form 16bpp to 32bpp.

how did i missed that? ;)...its working, so far... thanks :pickaxe:

No problems here.

video card: geforce 6150 LE/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

Vendor ID: NVIDIA corporation

OpenGL Version: 2.1.1

edit: noticed some problems when i tried to increase my screen size. just the flickering people mentioned. I'd try the new fix, but the download isn't working for me.

Edited by Ayreus

I downloaded the file and installed. Works fine.

Video card: RADEON 7000 DDR x86/MMX/3DNow!/SSE

Vendor ID: ATI Technologies Inc.

OpenGL Version: 1.3.4276 WinXP Release

Been playing for two days on the RC9 system. No problems yet. Seems a bit smoother to me.

Video card: Intel 865G

Vendor ID: Intel

OpenGL Version: 1.3.0 - Build 4.14.10.4396

Supported extensions: GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_window_pos GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_cull_vertex GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1 GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_WIN_swap_hint