Eternal Lands Official Forums
Gasp0dE

AltGr

It really bugs me that on one version, the AltGr+2 buttons works to get an @ and on the next version it doesn't work and you have to type Ctrl + Left Alt + 2. Next version after that, it works again and so on. Why do you remove it all the time? No other software I use have this problem.

Edited by Gasp0dE

As i read in the other thread you posted, a swedish keyboard was claimed to work. I have a swedish keyboard with swedish layout set in vista. It does NOT work.

As i read in the other thread you posted, a swedish keyboard was claimed to work. I have a swedish keyboard with swedish layout set in vista. It does NOT work.

There might be an OS issue too. AFAIK no one has reproduced the problem on Linux. If that is the case, there's one option for you right there. :doze: I tried all kinds of messing around with my keyboard language settings and could not reproduce the problem. I only have Linux OS and only have a query keyboard.

edit: make that qwerty keyboard

Edited by bluap

There might be an OS issue too. AFAIK no one has reproduced the problem on Linux. If that is the case, there's one option for you right there. :P I tried all kinds of messing around with my keyboard language settings and could not reproduce the problem. I only have Linux OS and only have a query keyboard.

The times ive played in FreeBSD, this havnt happened. I have not been able to run FreeBSD in my ws for a long while now as i have too new hardware.

The times ive played in FreeBSD, this havnt happened. I have not been able to run FreeBSD in my ws for a long while now as i have too new hardware.

I just was talking to sikaflex about the same problem with a finnish keyboard layout under windows.

Point is: it happens only under windows. (for sikaflex its windows xp, 32 bit, with all updates), using any Linux brand OS seems to be fine and not to have that problem.

Looks like the problem still exists. :P

Piper

I have the same problem too. However, it must me Windows related, because somehow, it doesn't work in other programs as well. Wierd.

Well, I get used to it, I am switching from CZ to EN layout everytime I run EL.

I have the same problem too. However, it must me Windows related, because somehow, it doesn't work in other programs as well. Wierd.

??

I only have this problem in EL ;)

Why, WHY, WHYY? is this still not working? This is the ONLY software that runs in windows that can't handle AltGr+2

Because SDL doesn't support multi national keyboards, and people added in some custom support for some of it and nobody that has that problem has attempted to tackle it. Also, ANY changes in the keyboard will need testing on a lot of different systems!

I think that what broke it recently was some of the changes people put in to fix other problems (possibly the Russian patch?), hence the need to have a lot of different people involved in testing any changes. The original version of EL didn't try to handle any of the special stuff, and just accepted what windows sent it, which meant some things worked and others didn't.