Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
snoozy

Stats page

Are we getting a stat page and online player list?

if so i hope its going to be top 5 only, and not like top 50

Do you mean stats page, or do you mean rank page? When you talk about top players, you're meaning to say "rank" page. Stats pages show individual player's stats, which can be made private easily enought. I assume that most players on the pk server will want private stats...

scaf

In my opinion there should neither be a stats page, nor a ranking page (and if there ever is a ranking page it should only be a/d).

The only thing we can have, perhaps, is an online users page, and that's not even really necessary.

it isnt nexessary if u dont play pk server sistema, i agree

What's that supposed to mean? Oo

That he hasn't noticed you walking around yet perhaps?:)

And I must say I agree with sistema/manderijn that there should be no ranks or stats pages. Online players would be nice however, though I could live without.

Edited by Enly

Personally, I'd like a ranking page so I can see how I stand compared to others on the skills I choose. It also lets me know who to contact if I need something in a skill I don't do.

But if we get rid of stats/rankings, I suppose we should remove the PK scores too. It's all the same type of thing, right?

People will want private stats anyway, so no point to it.

On the other hand people might want to know their own ranking. I'd be very much interested in that.

http://game.eternal-lands.com/online_pk.htm

The links to the player stats do not work though (go to the main server).

Awesome! :P

Indeed. Thank you, Ent!

I would love to see a ranking page without stats. Right now there is a lot of fishing around for "who can make...?" so seeing ranks would let you know who to go to for certain items. I know there are some players who are trying not to pk manuers, so this would help them too.

This could also be a Gossip item ("rank alch" shows current top five alchers, etc...).

Maybe instead of stats, we could get generic a/d/p/c groupings? ie "noob" for the obvious, "low level" for those 20-30, etc.... While I can see that there are obvious drawbacks to knowing everyone's stats and knowing if you are in a higher grouping, there are still many players who attempt a moderate nobility about whom they randomly choose to pk. Some kind of indication that the person is an easy kill might actually deter a pker since there are no pk points or exp to be gained, but rather the general social standing within the rather small community as someone respectful of new players.

Ultimately it is in ALL of our benefit to get new players to join and let them train a bit before we go around smacking them. It would also help those new players know whom they can randomly smack without getting slammed (*cough* St. *cough*).

I say a little knowledge goes a long way.

nice to see a player online page, but...

There are 1 Bots Online:

Gossip

ruins it all.. bots on main server are annoying.. hope we won't have loads of them on the pk server

(can't the amount of bots on the pk server be limited please? :] )

nice to see a player online page, but...

There are 1 Bots Online:

Gossip

ruins it all.. bots on main server are annoying.. hope we won't have loads of them on the pk server

(can't the amount of bots on the pk server be limited please? :] )

How is gossip bothering you?