Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Test server updated, all chars copied

The test server has been updated and all the chars copied there, so that you can test the caps, character builds, and the restoration spell.

Check potions, chek trying to get over the cap stuff from the wraith, and so on.

To go on the test server, you need to start the client wit "test" in the comand line.

found a slight problem, i use restore spell once, heals 64 hp and my hp shows 169/285 and when i cast restoration again it says my points are at the max and above my head it shows 169/285, but at the bottom the red bar shows 285 (full)

Problem fixed.

Edited by cycrosism

To go on the test server, you need to start the client wit "test" in the comand line.

I give up...! I am not a newb when it comes to files and editing... but when it comes to servers... gawd 0.o

Where can I find this command line? Do I edit a file? Cause if so, I am lost on which one to edit. The server.lst wont work in editing, I use Open Office, and it wont save in the same format..

I can't seem to find anyone who will explain how I can get to the test server. I have looked in previous topics (like with the cliant updates), but they were no help.

I would like to test the restoration spell.

The last way was so simpler, I miss just editing the port. Would anyone like to explain this to me? Or am I forced to wait to try the new changes?

EDIT;

Thanks bkc56 for the walk and Korrode for the fast atempt (too slow for Bkc56 though!) Appreciate both of you!

Going to test the new goodies!

Edited by Lexi

I give up...! I am not a newb when it comes to files and editing... but when it comes to servers... gawd 0.o

Where can I find this command line? Do I edit a file? Cause if so, I am lost on which one to edit. The server.lst wont work in editing, I use Open Office, and it wont save in the same format..

I can't seem to find anyone who will explain how I can get to the test server. I have looked in previous topics (like with the cliant updates), but they were no help.

I would like to test the restoration spell.

The last way was so simpler, I miss just editing the port. Would anyone like to explain this to me? Or am I forced to wait to try the new changes?

this is what i did eternal lands is installed in

C:\program files\eternal lands

what i did is i created a shortcut to el.exe now right click on it and click properties where it says Target, copy this line in

"C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" test

erase anything that was there now when you run the shortcut, it will go to the test server

Here are some BASIC instructions to get on the test server. This assumes you are using a version of Windoze, and that you did a normal EL install such that you have an Icon on the desktop you use for starting EL. If those are both true:

1. Copy paste the EL Icon on the desktop so you have two of them.

2. On the copied icon, Right-Click, Properties.

3. On the General tab, change the name to something meaningful, like: EL - Test

4. On the Shortcut tab, add "test" to the end of the Target field. It should look like (with the "test" OUTSIDE the quotes): "C:\Program Files\Eternal Lands\el.exe" test

5. Click OK.

6. Click the new icon to start a client on the test server.

Will the "You have healed XXX Material Points" message be removed? Seems as it is on the test server. And it's very useful, especially now that the restore wont heal all the points. Seems to have returned? I know it wasn't working...

BTW, everything looks fine. I can't say anything on the cap though, I don't have capped attributes.

PS; THANKS SO MUCH for stackable BRs!

edit

Thanks, cycrosism, I got it now <3

Edited by Lexi

Could you please confirm what the formula for restore is on the test server please.

I have magic 48 and rat 12.

Under the first formula of heal = magic*1.5 + rat*5 I should restore 132

with the other formula of heal = magic*2 + rat*5 I should restore 156. In fact on the test server I restored 150.

So either I am crapper at maths than I thought (and I thought I was pretty crap) or the formula is neither of the ones on the mage formula thread. :confused:

I just checked back on the test, my rat is showing at 12/12 and magic level showing at 48 but still only restoring at 150.

Edit, doh, me stupid, restored at 150 because I only have 150 hp to restore, sorry, my bad.

Edited by SleepyDragon

Tried to get more than 48 coord (it's the highest attribute I got), Wraith said a big NO!

Tested the restore spell (52 magic 12 rationality) +164hp (tested a few times) so it worked ok

formula of heal = magic*2 + rat*5

This formula works for me. If I drink a magic potion for a +5 magic boost the formula works as expected too.

BRs are nicely stackable; wasn't expecting that one :cry:

Can't test the attribute caps, may be in a year or two :confused:

Cap working

Restoration working as expected.

I like the formula, need 3 restores to fully fill HP+COL+MOL but 2 restores are enough for real situations

(i shouldn't restore with less than 4 hp left anyway :confused: )

Nice to know BRs are stackable

Edited by RogerDeLluria

Wraith works, restoration works, BRs stack and have a nice short cooldown (never tried one before :cry: )

Tried a few fights: cyclops are a little harder to train with, but not that much. On the other hand i cant fight barehanded with fluffies as i did in main server...too risky now :confused:

The test server has been updated and all the chars copied there, so that you can test the caps, character builds, and the restoration spell.

I tested last night and things seemed to be working well. I like the use of other attributes, it is making the character build more interesting. I was a bit surprised, however, to find that a restore while wearing a MoL and CoL (335 MPs) from 100 MPs did not fully restore me. I used a Rationality of 19 with a magic level of 64. I know I can use different PP configurations that will improve this number for me.

One question, will you reset the test server a few times between now and the update to try different character builds?

Yes, I will update it again today with more magic spells changed.
Please document what has changed, what the formulas are, etc. so that we know what we're testing.

Well, duh.

But I won't tell you the formulas for the new spells, only what to test and see if they work properly (we might have to do some tuning).