Eternal Lands Official Forums
molime

petition for attributes cap

Attributes cap - yes or no  

449 members have voted

1. 1. Attributes cap at 48

• Yes, cap like this
    • No, no cap at all

I would hate to think that It's possible that someone like Myself, could possibly get to the point that I could successfully take out someone who has dedicated an enormous amount of time, (say a year and a half or more), to reach the top, and then even more time to maintain his position, suddenly find out that another character who does the same for a few months could possibly defeat them.

ROFLMFAO

You alone have no hope of taking out a person who's put in 2 or 3 times the time you have in a/d training. Cap or no cap.

You are joking right ? I voted yes hoping that after the cap I would be able to take on toom, gnny, mp, ambro, sia,omg, pking, all at once and kill them all B)

pffft change my vote to no :P

:wub:

edit : sarcasm by the way .. :devlish:

Edited by conavar

Will there be any mage related perks? Other than conjurer.

Edited by popeye

You are joking right ? I voted yes hoping that after the cap I would be able to take on toom, gnny, mp, ambro, sia,omg, pking, all at once and kill them all :medieval:

pffft change my vote to no :P

:whistle:

edit : sarcasm by the way .. :lipssealed:

Maybe not take them out... but you might just last long enough to diss out.

Don't really care about Pk and doesn't really matter to me that much. just seems like a way to partially level the playing field for those who don't want to work harder. really don't see a benefit to it. but maybe I am missing something.

just think it's really unnecessary.

Don't really care about Pk and doesn't really matter to me that much. just seems like a way to partially level the playing field for those who don't want to work harder. really don't see a benefit to it. but maybe I am missing something.

Since most of the top level fighters are for this thing, did you consider that there is a possibility that you might miss something?

The caps is a very good idea and I will be voting for it.

However, as the new discussion has pointed out. There are other things to be fixed.

The Economy was mentioned, as an asset that would be helped by the cap. However the economy is still broken. So isn't it in the best interest to fix it first, before helping it with an additional model?

I will post a thread on some ideas on how to fix the economy. So that others can jump in.

As for the idea of encouraging group place, bravo. This should be encouraged and part of any MMORPG. However to do this, you might have to change the current 'group' training model. Which there really isn't one at the moment.

Also I get the feeling that what attracts people to the game. Is the current model of a classes system. However, with discussing the changes with guildie's and others. Plus reading the comments on possible changes for the magic system. It seems the new model will make people choose a 'class' within the game. To make best use of pp's. But this seems counter intuitive, to the games attraction and original goals.

Since most of the top level fighters are for this thing, did you consider that there is a possibility that you might miss something?

didn't I just say that?

again, probably won't matter to me much anyway. probably cuz I don't like artificially imposed limits on an individual's potential, and that is how this feels to me.

didn't I just say that?

Well, in the first post you said:

Ok I vote Absolutely No. I don't really see why this is needed. I have been working on a fighter character for some time now. I am not high level by any means, because I cannot dedicate an insane amount of time to it. I completely understand that there will always be players that can extinguish me. and I am very happy with that.

So you were pretty much sure that it would suck a LOT.

If I ever make it to the point that I am one of the high levels, and have maxed out my attributes, (very unlikely) they I would hate it.

Don't see myself getting to that level, so if you feel this is the way to go, then do it. it's your game after all.

I just really wish I could see the point. Maybe it will help with abuse, maybe not.

sorta reminds me of a salary cap in a way. no matter what your skill level is, you can't make more than the other guy.. kinda a stretch for a comparison, but best one i can come up with at the moment.

:lipssealed:

If I ever make it to the point that I am one of the high levels, and have maxed out my attributes, (very unlikely) they I would hate it.

You just simply cannot maximize all attributes at once, mathemathics of this is really simple :omg:

6x44=264 pickpoints needed to maximize all attributes, now let's see, if you can have 264pp...

OA is capped with 178, which brings us 178 pickpoints.

All negative perks summed up give in total 50 pickpoints, means 228 in total, so you are still 36 pickpoints short and you didn't put any pickpoints in any nexi. Of course you can be given these 36 pickpoints by means of buying nexi and removal stones, but this is not very cheap and you will also need to buy let's say 20? or 30? pickpoints for usable nexi. So you will need to buy approximately 60 nexi and 36 removal stones not to forget to maximize your overall level.

So, did you reconsider what you have said in your previous post or will you spend half a decade playing EL maximizing all your attributes? B)

To be fair Belroe , when I first read the idea of an attributes cap, I didnt really see the point myself.

All i knew was that some way it was going to affect the fighters/Pkers in the game the most, and after seeing that the games top fighters are all for this idea , and after thinking carefuly about possible outcomes for mixers as a result of the increased length and preperation for battles, I agreed that it was for the best.

Not that it is the best for certain individual players who have had thier own goals that this cap will affect, but that it is best for the game as a whole.

I will elaborate just a '' little '' on why I think this will be good for mixers as well :omg:

Fights will last longer due to less aility to kill someone in 2 blows = more breaks in armor/wepons = more mixing for mixers

Fighters will need more essences for spells as the fights are lasting longer = more mixing for mixers = good thing

And finally, with an increase in demand perhaps ( I stress perhaps ) mixers will be able to charge what it actually would cost to make an item , highr demand and a steady amount of supply will hopefully increase prices a little - if my economics are way off then feel free to correct me B)

peace

Oh and which time zone are we working from the the date of Monday for this vote being finished? US time ? GMT ? Central Antarctic ?

Well, i have spent 3 years playing now, half a decade is only five, so I probably will.

again, i probably won't ever get there anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

fact is tho, I pretty much am just a fighter, and I do alch when I need to buy equipment. so if I did have that many, I would probaby put 60 or so in Phys, 70 in coord, and use the rest for the the few nexuses I need, and maybe a few in will.

if they were capped at 44? well, then I would probably have to put them somewhere I didn't need them.

oh, and if I did by some miracle make O/A level 178, then i would probaby be beggin to have that increased as well.

:omg:

To be fair Belroe , when I first read the idea of an attributes cap, I didnt really see the point myself.

All i knew was that some way it was going to affect the fighters/Pkers in the game the most, and after seeing that the games top fighters are all for this idea , and after thinking carefuly about possible outcomes for mixers as a result of the increased length and preperation for battles, I agreed that it was for the best.

Not that it is the best for certain individual players who have had thier own goals that this cap will affect, but that it is best for the game as a whole.

I will elaborate just a '' little '' on why I think this will be good for mixers as well :confused:

Fights will last longer due to less aility to kill someone in 2 blows = more breaks in armor/wepons = more mixing for mixers

Fighters will need more essences for spells as the fights are lasting longer = more mixing for mixers = good thing

And finally, with an increase in demand perhaps ( I stress perhaps ) mixers will be able to charge what it actually would cost to make an item , highr demand and a steady amount of supply will hopefully increase prices a little - if my economics are way off then feel free to correct me :)

peace

Oh and which time zone are we working from the the date of Monday for this vote being finished? US time ? GMT ? Central Antarctic ?

I doubt it will have that much effect really.

I think I'll just close it tonight, it is extremly unlikely that the results could go under then required 66%, and I want to start working at it.

fact is tho, I pretty much am just a fighter...

if they were capped at 44? well, then I would probably have to put them somewhere I didn't need them.

If your a fighter, putting a pickpoint on any attribute will benefit you :D

--------------------

I think I'll just close it tonight, it is extremly unlikely that the results could go under then required 66%, and I want to start working at it.
:):confused:B) Edited by Korrode