Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Foreman

HELP

What is the best way to make money at level 21?

Where is the best place to train from 10/10 to 20/20?

What skills should I train that are the most important?

"most importent" is a interesting term.

The skills I would make sure I level first would be a/d, Harvest and alchemy. After that you can start on really any skill you feel interested in, or all if you're adventueres!

Training from 10/10 to 20/20 depends of p/c. Once you get to maybe 14/14 with average p/c you can train on wolves in VoTD or NC untill 20/20.

Fastest way to make money at your level? Lilacs near docks in votd, harvest them then sell them to the Flower shop in VoTD.

Hope this helps,

~kGn

I'll bet that's all just what you didn't want to hear, Foreman, but you'll get the same answer from almost all of us! The lilacs in that one spot are the simplest and fastest way to make gc.

For variety you could hunt fox, make fox scarves, and sell them at General Stores for 10gc, it's not as fast but it involves A/D exp and Manu exp.

We've all followed this routine in one way or another, and after only 6 to 10 hours of play your levels increase enough to add more activities. Plus, you'll be relatively rich! Have fun!!

How do I make money using other skills? What's the point of the other skills if the easiest way to make money is to harvest lilacs? I want to make armor and stuff as well.

Att 13

Def 12

Har 19

Alc 2

Mag 0

Pot 2

Sum 0

Man 4

Cra 0

Eng 0

OA 21

My main goal is to make money and train A/D. What path should i follow? I need to know levels and locations.

Do my odds of not failing get lower as I gain more levels? It doesn't seem like it.

Harvest and alc are the best way to make money, the other skills cost money to level.

You can harvest cotton, make thread and level crafting this way.

Use the thread with leather you bought and make leather helmets to level manu, will cost you some money.

A good idea is to make all quest, to buy cheap leather and wine.

Edited by Zamirah

Harvest and alc are the best way to make money, the other skills cost money to level.

Explain to me how to make money with Harvest and Alch.

From level 1-40 please.

You can harvest cotton, make thread and level crafting this way.

Use the thread with leather you bought and make leather helmets to level manu, will cost you some money.

A good idea is to make all quest, to buy cheap leather and wine.

Make all quest?

for pure harvesting: mine iron or silver and sell it, they sell easy.

for alch: harvest ingreds for Fire Essences and make them and sell them.

Once your alchemy level is up a bit harvest the ingredients for Health Essences and sell them... later you can move on to making and selling steel bars... but just make a few ten thousand FE first, then worry about HE/steel bars/other stuff.

Silver, Iron, Sulfur and Coal can all be found in the various caves on the Desert Pines map. Red Roses and Snapdragons are close to storage in Valley of the Dwarves.

Thats more than enough info to get you started.

Make all quest?
Do all of the quests.

Dont ask for Quest info here or in official help channels in the game, you wont get any. (it's against the rules to give quest help in official channels/forum)

Edited by Korrode

Explain to me how to make money with Harvest and Alch.

From level 1-40 please.

Harvest flowers, coal and sulfur - sell on channel 3

Make FE or other ess, some of them need books - sell om channel 3

Or sell to NPC or bots.

Start reading books as soon as you have gc.

Some quests give you xp, some make you buy cheap.

And ask on channel 1, people will help you.

If you want to become skilled in fighting, I also suggest the magic skill. It is required in the future if you would want to become a pker. When you fight, start by healing yourself, using Health Essence. You can buy health essence on channel 3. You need the correct sigils to cast heal as well, you can find the appropriate sigils needed in your encyclopedia in-game.

Feel free to pm me in the game for further help.

I hope you enjoy your EL experience. :)

Foreman, I'd suggest you read the Encyclopedia (Ctrl+E) and check out the Help & FAQ pages (Ctrl+H). They will be of great help if you know how and when to use them. There's also a Skills tab in the window which will explain how to start a skill.

Most of your questions are answered in the Encyclopedia and the Help pages. You can also ask questions like these (and get a faster reply) on the Newbie Help Channel (#jc 1).

-Sistema

1) Read the ingame encyclopedia -- all of it, including the newbie tips and FAQs. The encyc will tell you exactly what skills, ingredients, books, and nexuses are needed to make almost every item in the game, and how to put them all together (like which NPC sells which books and how much they cost, etc.).

NOTE: The encyclopedia is sometimes out of date. If you want the formula/needs for something you can't find in the encyc, look here:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/manufacture.htm

(bookmark the above link)

2) Expect to start small, poor and slow. EL makes you develop skills in stages. One of the things we all have to deal with is going through a "poor student" phase, where we will spend money as fast as we make it buying books needed for skills. So that's something you're just going to have to deal with.

3) "Most important" skills depend entirely on what you want to do with your character. But harvesting and alchemy are the most basic skills that you will need in support of just about everything else. And while you are learning the ropes and being a poor student, they will help you buy the books, tools, basic weapons you will need.

4) Harvesting and Alchemy are also the fastest way to start making money. They are the most low cost skills to practice. Also, alchemy needs no nexuses. It levels fast, and there is ALWAYS a market for essences -- especially fire esses and health esses. Whatever you want to do ultimately, these two skills will get you started, money-wise.

5) Study the ingame market and learn the NPC prices for things to find the best markets to sell what you harvest or make. Figuring out what sells for what prices is really key to making money. Search threads about the economy to see how that goes.

6) My personal way of doing it is this: I play as a warrior/mage/monster killer, and a free trader. I fight monsters, make my own equipment for my own use up to a certain level (higher level stuff I buy from bots), and make most of my money selling raw goods (harvestables). I do that because I want a steady flow of money without having to grind at large volume projects. I'm doing all right, by my standards. If I keep playing long enough to have no more challenge from monster slaying, I will concentrate on alchemy because my level will be high enough that I can easily mix in bulk for sale. At that time, I may also take up crafting -- as a retirement career. :icon13:

Anyway, those are the tips I got when I was newb, and that's why I pass them on. Hope they help a little.

Another suggestion not mentioned is to explore!! This is the only way you will find the quests.

Talk to every NPC you encounter, some of them have lots of information! Learn the ways to get from map to map easily and notice where handy things to harvest or use are on each map.

One sneaky hint is if you have done the Tutorials and are just walking around the mainland, then you've probably bypassed a few quests already. They sneak up on you and aren't labeled as quests like in some other games. There are a lot of secrets in EL too. Touch some things in the right way and you'll discover hidden places, or be transported to places that would take a long time to walk to.

Keep your eyes wide open! There's a lot more to EL than you may be expecting, and it keeps changing and improving all the time!

You've already made one very important step by joining the forums. Tons of information here, just remember you can't do it all at once. Everything has to be worked up to. Good luck!

Some people buy all the books up front and read them one after the other. Personally, I bought them as I got close to the recommended levels for the items. And for harvesting books, I only bought the books as I got the nexuses for the items. That is more info the encyc can give you, to decide how you want to handle the book situation. But yes, sooner or later, you will want to read all the alchemy books.

Since we asking here silly questions that belong to newbie/general help channels:

Any1 know how some1 could make money with 140-150 a/d plz? :icon13:

Edited by masterpiter

Since we asking here silly questions that belong to newbie/general help channels:

Any1 know how some1 could make money with 140-150 a/d plz? :hug:

marry a rich woman :P

Are you trying to tell us something? :)

Desdy is rich! :sneaky::stare::icon13:

Foreman, Alchemy is a good place to start because it doesn't require precious Pick Points to be spent on nexus. However you will need to put one or two into Inorganic nexus for harvesting, as well as buying books for some harvesting.

You may be trying to out-think yourself by looking for strategies so early in the game. In my opinion it's better to just have fun and learn as you go, but I'm a slacker... There are a few ways you can change your course after you have played for a while, and there's no reason not to create an alt character just to experiment with different methods of play. Just remember the rules if you do: Alt characters may not contribute to each other in any way, that could result in a total ban from the game.

In my case, I have two alts that follow completely different play styles from my main, and a few weenies running around testing strategies. None of these characters know each other exists but it's nice to 'be' someone else for a while if I get bored plucking lilacs all day!

You can reset your character back to OA level 0, losing all of your Pick Points spent but keeping your skill levels and any Gods you have chosen to follow. Some players enjoy doing this (me) and others have never and would never (everyone else!)

As you are now early in the game and decide you should have done things differently right from the start, you can always kill yourself off completely and start all over again. It is just a game after all.