Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
korrode

The Naralik Arena Showdown 2

- The Naralik Arena Showdown 2 -

The 2nd PK tournament for 8 competitors who can attack in the Naralik Arena.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Naralik Arena has a limit on the maximum a/d you can be to attack there.

If your combined attack and defense are over 120, you cant attack. (a "60 a/d arena")

The failing effect of True Sight potions can lower your attack and defense down 19 levels, so a person who is a/d 79/79 can compete in this competition.

Please do not PM me asking how to -19 TS. If you don't know, ask some fighters in-game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When:

Saturday, November 10, 2007 at 22:00:00 UTC time <---CLICK THERE

Rules:

1. You must be able to attack in Naralik Arena. TS potion failing IS allowed.

Your ability to attack will be checked before each fight by you attacking myself (Korrode), both of us barefist, and immediately fleeing.

2. Attack and Defense Potions are NOT allowed. All other potions ARE allowed.

Your a/d must stay in a state that means you can attack in the arena for the duration of the fight, so no going to positive food after combat has begun either.

(If you suspect the person your fighting has raised their a/d after the attack test, you can screenshot the exp you get off them and send it to me along with a sceenshot of your stats and your god status. Based on that i can determine their a/d at the time of screenie, if i determine they've cheated, they'll be disqualified and banned from any future events.)

3. Certain weapons and items are NOT allowed, they are as follows:

The rare/magical Great Swords (such as JS of cooldown, cutty of mage, rapier of death, etc.).

The rare/magical Armors (such as steel greaves of ubber def, Ti plate of freezing, etc.).

Any glowing sword.

Medallion of Life

BRoD and BoD

Normal Branch and Bone

Any "Enchanted Weapons" (see Enchanted Weapons page in EL encyclopedia)

The Bronze Sword

This is a test of strategy and strength, not riches and items with random chance magical effects.

To ensure further clarity, these are the kind of items that ARE allowed:

Normal Iron, Steel, Titanium or Dragon Plate armors.

All normal shields up to titanium.

Moon, Unicorn, Stars and Sun medallions.

Crowns of Life and Mana.

Any Cape.

Any normal Great Sword, with the exception of the Bronze Sword.

Any non-enchanted weapons. (any weapons listed in the "Weapons" page in the encyclopedia (that's page 1, not page 2; which has the "Enchanted Weapons"))

4. All castable magic spells ARE allowed.

5. Summoning (including stones) is NOT allowed.

(Summons wont attack in that arena anyway).

6. Disengagement rings ARE allowed.

If you diss/flee and stay in the arena the fight can continue, if you diss/flee and walk out of the arena, even just for a second, you forfeit the battle.

7. All fights are 1-on-1, and one at a time.

Your friends/guildmates are not allowed to remote heal you or cast any offensive spells on your opponent.

Await instruction from myself (Korrode) before entering the arena, and before starting combat.

The Tournament Layout:

Key example: R1F1-L = Round1_Fight1-Loser - The loser of Fight 1, Round 1.

Round 1:

fight 1: player1 vs player2

fight 2: player3 vs player4

fight 3: player5 vs player6

fight 4: player7 vs player8

Round 2:

fight 1: R1F1-L vs R1F2-L

fight 2: R1F3-L vs R1F4-L

Round 3:

fight 1: R1F1-W vs R1F2-W

fight 2: R1F3-W vs R1F4-W

Round 4:

fight 1: R2F1-W vs R3F2-L

fight 2: R2F2-W vs R3F1-L

Round 5 (* need to see at the time who has fought who *)

(if the opponents (column 2) can be swapped so everyone is fighting someone new, i will do so, if not, no change... you may end up fighting someone you've already fought.)

fight 1: R3F1-W vs *R4F2-W

fight 2: R3F2-W vs *R4F1-W

Final

R5F1-W vs R5F2-W

The outright Winner will receive 10kgc and a mirror cloak.

Donations to the prize pool are welcome and appreciated :)

There are donations to the prize pool listed below, all of it is going to the outright winner, except:

100 Coordination potions

5 Extra Mana potions

30 Disengagement rings

50 Harvest/Degrade indicators

Those items will goto the runner up. (2nd place)

I have spoken to the winner of the last Naralik Showdown, Peach (who is not allowed to compete this time round), and he would like to fight whoever wins this tournament.

Note that the winner fighting Peach will be optional, and not officially part of the tournament.

Signing up, and conclusion:

Please reply here if you would like to apply.

The first 8 people to apply will get the spots, anyone after that will be a backup incase someone doesn't show up on the day.

If you don't have a forum account, contact me in-game.

If many more than 8 people apply, i will hold another Naralik Showdown very soon and those people will be have first preference for that event.

It is possible for a competitor to fight up to 5 times. Bring everything you need for that many fights.

If you don't have enough space in your inventory for everything you want, I will allow people to make storage runs, but i'd much prefer if you ask a guildmate or friend to come and watch and hold some items for you.

If you are going to goto storage please be quick about it, best if your ring/portal room in and out, rather than walking to Morcraven storage.

Everyone will fight at least twice. So it's possible for you to die twice... you cant possibly die more than twice, because the way it's structured if you die twice your out of the tournament.

Giving back the contents of deathbags will be up to the battle victor, so if your wearing expensive armors i suggest 2 rostos.

Remember: You can diss and walk out of the arena to end the fight.

Spectators are welcome.

Everyone Note; I will be asking for assistance from the game moderators to help deal with anyone who tries to cause trouble.

Much thanks to Guild LLL, who donated the following to the prize pool:

20 Armed Orc Stones

A very big thanks to Maxine & Lilbear, who donated the following to the prize pool:

300 Coordination Potions

20 Extra Mana Potions

5 Accuracy Potions

5 Evasion Potions

100 Disengagement Rings

200 Harvest/Degrade Indicators

and further thanks to Maxine, she additionally donated:

300 Spirit Restoration Potions

36 Disengagement Rings

Which means the 6 competitors who didn't come 1st or 2nd each get 50 SRS and 6 diss rings :)

Thankyou's to Guild MpR!, who donated the following to the prize pool:

1 Titanium Chainmail

Another big thanks goes out to Guild LoGG, who donated the following to the prize pool:

1 Enriched Fire Essence

Signed up competitors:

Saint

FatboyJaxx

Fedora

RiP

Troger

Tomorrow

breTRYano

Bigkav

Backup competitors:

jammie

PepperSpray

Bones

Priority competitors:

Gryflet

Scarface

SleepyDragon

The above people were backups in the last tournament, as promised; If any of you want to compete please let me know within 3 days of this post and you will get a guaranteed spot in the tournament.

Edited by Korrode

Jax maybe try to get some older cvs version with first person view.

i mean the other videos showed everything that is needed but would

be more awesome from first person view to have a closer look =)

ill try to be there and look again =D

its on youtube =) just search for Naralik Showdown or something there =)

it are 3 parts i think

delete this post, i didn't saw the edit of korrode in his topic :)

edit : I have spoken to the winner of the last Naralik Showdown, Peach (who is not allowed to compete in this tournament), and he would like to fight whoever wins this tournament.

Note that the winner fighting Peach will be optional, and not officially part of the tournament.

YAY :)

Edited by Peach

I would like to join, but due to a recent reset, I don't think I will get too far.

I have 4 phys, and I plan to stick with it due to training a/d.

Hope to be able to join. :icon13:

i wish to know 2 more things:

- dragon blade is allowed? (it isnt in enanched weapons but has 5% manaburning so i think not...)

- about giving back dbs: must be declared before combat? and in case of different behaviour the victor will be punished/enforced?

However count me in...let's see if i make it to fight with my friend peach :icon13:

Edited by Fedora

i wish to know 2 more things:

- dragon blade is allowed? (it isnt in enanched weapons but has 5% manaburning so i think not...)

- about giving back dbs: must be declared before combat? and in case of different behaviour the victor will be punished/enforced?

However count me in...let's see if i make it to fight with my friend peach :icon13:

i am not alowed to participate, but if you make it to the finals and win, you may be able to fight me :P

Jax maybe try to get some older cvs version with first person view.

i mean the other videos showed everything that is needed but would

be more awesome from first person view to have a closer look =)

ill try to be there and look again =D

Me and him were messing with his prespective (we're brothers, for those you don't know) and got a really cool view. But then when more people came in, it REALLY lagged up.

We will certainly try to get a better view this time, just dont know what yet.

~kGn

I would like to join, but due to a recent reset, I don't think I will get too far.

I have 4 phys, and I plan to stick with it due to training a/d.

Hope to be able to join. :)

I have 4 physique as well :) go ahead and participate :icon13::w00t: would be nice :P

The usage of the Dragon Blade was discussed last time:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=391365

It is allowed.

I wont be enforcing anything in relation to deathbags. You are welcome to make a deal with your opponent to return deathbags and if they were to break that agreement, imo it would warrant an Outlaws post as a scam.

If anyone is going to make such deals they can do it in local chat, so everyone there can hear, that way if a person is going to break such an agreement, they'll be doing it in front of (hopefully) a lot of people.

I suggest people use rostos, and remember; you can end the fight by dissing and walking out of the arena.

--------------------

Many questions were asked and answered in the thread for the first tournament, if anyone has a question they should read over that first:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=37791

Edited by Korrode

Dammit, just realised my mates birthday is that night so if it's not moved another week I can't make it, sorry Korrode. :)
Another person who wants to compete also cant make it this weekend, and the current date of the tournament is less than a weeks time from my initial post... plus i'd like to have quite a few backups... so i will move it ahead 1 week. :(

the new date is: Saturday, November 10, 2007 at 22:00:00 UTC time <-- CLICK THERE

Just logged on to say I couldn't make it, I have Sadie Hawkins dance on Saturday. I realized hat Korrode changed the date, I will be sure to get off work that day. ;D