Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Fedora

No Drop Map

Maybe i surprise u but i was training on pk maps when i was in my 40's too, and was killed by pkers crazy amount of times, never had any problem with that

Hell, I trained in NC arena way back, and in a bunch of the arena's on C2 when I was in my 20's and 30's (didn't do anything since then). I probably got pwn3d maybe 3 times? You've just gotta find somewhere quiet and be careful. EL is a big place, plenty of room.

Guest ohmygod

This would be a nice idea if people actually paid the 5K fee to enter. But why would you pay the fee?

Why would they need to pay a gc fee? Wouldnt they be paying in others ways eg, The more people pking the higher the chance to break stuff = more EFEs out of game to replace high lvl armours weapons or gc from the leather armour and red capes (6.5k a pop). At the very least ess/potions/summon stones would get out of the game a lot quicker than now too.

The map does not have to be a big one maybe NC arena but change it to a multi combat map.

Edit: no cooldown would be nice too. Was fighting in TD on no dropday before last and was chewing through srs/boost pots/diss rings like crazy.

Edit #2:

I notice some guild maps have special features such as no summoning or magic free areas. Is it possible for these features (no drop/no cooldown) to be incorporated into a paid guild map?

(no cooldown could be abused for mixing and might be a problem though. maybe have no eating/fasting/mixing feature or something incorporated)

Edited by ohmygod

This would be a nice idea if people actually paid the 5K fee to enter. But why would you pay the fee?

Why would they need to pay a gc fee? Wouldnt they be paying in others ways eg, The more people pking the higher the chance to break stuff = more EFEs out of game to replace high lvl armours weapons or gc from the leather armour and red capes (6.5k a pop). At the very least ess/potions/summon stones would get out of the game a lot quicker than now too.

The map does not have to be a big one maybe NC arena but change it to a multi combat map.

Edit: no cooldown would be nice too. Was fighting in TD on no dropday before last and was chewing through srs/boost pots/diss rings like crazy.

100% agree :hug:

you start charging people , even 5k . after 10 deaths thats 50k they have spent , granted cheaper than rostos but still 50k they have to find, and while they are harving/alching to replace that money its less time they can spend in pk .. people would have to spend enough time getting the money to replace broken items, pots,essies etc without putting more cost on them .

Why u try to pvp in the nc arena? Every scum and his dog checks regulary if there r some n00bs training in there who can be easly killed.

It was when I was a newb. I learned about NC quickly.

There r many other pk maps/areas. Go explore or ask around( smart thing would be to ask some of experienced guildies or friends about it). Some areas r not used at all: u can meet some1 else there maybe like once per day or even not 1 person all day long.

Maybe i surprise u but i was training on pk maps when i was in my 40's too, and was killed by pkers crazy amount of times, never had any problem with that( besides of coz training more to rape them next time they try to att me :hug: ).

Good for you. :P Like I said, I don't like to play that way. Don't want to get "raped" and don't look to "rape" anyone else. That's why I said that for me -- and for other people I talk to in game but who tend to stay out of pk threads in forum -- the issue is PK style, not lack of empty arenas. But hey, it suits your style, so you like it, and that's fine. I have plenty of other things to like in EL.

Ur 100% wrong here lool, u know who is able to pk in no drop days? All ppl who cant afford to pk in normal days, which means: weak and poor players.

I always liked in el that u can have fun even if u r way weaker from top players and even when u dont have big money u still can fight, of coz u lose often but its no biggie coz ur death cost u only like 2 minutes to go back from the underworld.

And other weak/poor ppl know that too, so u can meet them on pk maps too, which gives u nice fights.

mp

Except that they are all poor/weaker players who play your style, not mine, so I don't enjoy meeting them in PK maps. That's why I don't PK even on No Drop days. I'm not bitching about this. I think your style is fine for lots of people. I'm just saying there are lots of people with different styles of playing, too. It doesn't matter, though. Players like me will find other things to do in EL, or if they really want to fight, they'll find another game. I don't need to fight for fun, so I enjoy EL with no PK, just fine. Some day, if I have a PvP partner and a deserted arena at the same time, I'll PvP more, but if I have to hide from random "muggers" there, I'll give it up again. It won't make a difference to whether I like EL.

Edited by peino

If fee is big( 5k for entry is big)- im not particulary poor or weak but i would think twice before entering that map/arena, and probably pmed ambro/toomass to check if they r online/afk or not :hug:

Simply check last no drop, i had to run/tele about 20 times from kf( and once from td when toomass arranged meeting: me vs his jsoc :P ), if i had to pay for each entry 5k gc i would go bankrupt very fast, or would not enter at all.

Imho the smaller fee the better, 200-1k gc would be ok in my case, dunno about the others.

For low lvls it can be 200gc, and every 20 a/d 200gc more:

Under 60a/d- 200gc for entry

60-79 a/d- 400gc

80-99 a/d- 600gc

100-119 a/d -800gc

120+a/d- 1000gc

<edit> typo

mp

Edited by masterpiter

the more i read post about this idea the more i like it :hug:

paying 5k instead of 16k is a great deal , , am sure that ppl would spend more gc's for pk if this idea were imlemented .

waiting for a poll for this idea and suggestion to where that no drop map/arena would be

Rock_lee

Imho the smaller fee the better, 200-1k gc would be ok in my case, dunno about the others.

60-79 a/d- 400gc

80-99 a/d- 600gc

100-119 a/d -800gc

120+a/d- 1000gc

wow this way more it would be more crowdy :hug:

60-79 a/d- 400gc

80-99 a/d- 600gc

100-119 a/d -800gc

120+a/d- 1000gc

<edit> typo

mp

thats actually not a bad idea... the higher ur a/d the more u hav to pay... makes sense.

and maybe, if its not complicated pay extra 'tax' for every wearable item in ur inv like for steel torso 100gc, greatswords 50gc, therm serp and special greatswords 300gc, brod 50kgc :hug: , etc.

5k is less than the 16k for a rosto.

You don't lose a rosto each time you enter a PK map, now do you?

No.

They are empty.

I would have to harm myself to death :devlish:

Guest ohmygod

IMO paying to enter would make this very good idea sux bad.

Like i said more people pking the more stuff will break the more ess/pots rings etc get used.

PK costs gc already. Why make people pay even more?

true i see OMG's point u spend enough already to get ready for pk why charge more??? and say there was a fee it should be a very nominal fee not like 1k+ gc that would not bring the already dead pk back....

I used to pk but only on no drops day...but on those days if i am on i will not miss it! It is fun! But i heared from many peoples that i broke a col a tit armor or great sword, and they are bitching over that too! I will say that this no drops map would revive the pk for a while, but i long term people will start to say the same! So many money I put in my Jagged sabre of cooling and it broked, it is so much money to buy one, i dont have money for it! My point is when the peoples stocks of armor will degrad/break some of them will start to bitch again! So i would say it would be fun and if it will be implemeted it will be fun...But as i learned the pk is designed for people who are willing to sacrifice even more then other players! There are many people that would like to pk, but they are affraid to risk losing theire equipment or rosto. Even when on no drops day, i see people who i know that has a col and steel armor is not wearing it because they affraid to loose it. With the mentallity is the problem i think not with the pk ... And that is normal for more intensive fights and feelings you have to risk more!

Troger

IMO paying to enter would make this very good idea sux bad.

Like i said more people pking the more stuff will break the more ess/pots rings etc get used.

PK costs gc already. Why make people pay even more?

yes it would have been better if you didnt have to pay at all, but can u imagine it ever getting implemented otherwise?

There are many people that would like to pk, but they are affraid to risk losing theire equipment or rosto. Even when on no drops day, i see people who i know that has a col and steel armor is not wearing it because they affraid to loose it.

Troger

Thats is true, but even with the chance of items breaking a lot of people still attend invasions and pk maps on no drops day and can you imagine how mad and packed a "no drop map" would be on no break day :evilgrin:

edit: About Ents comment " you dont lose a rost everytime you enter pk map" that is true.. but having an entrance fee is worse and in the long run would cost more, people would be charged 5k everytime they " dissed and teled " and while that might not be a problem for high level players like Zamirah ( ie: they dont need to) for us mid level a/d players we have to a lot or die a lot to players such as Zamirah/OMG either way dead or diss/tele its costing 5k a time and that also includes leaving the map to restock on srs or he's

And if it starts costing to much then the map will slowly empty

edit 2 : Maybe its me and if im wrong someone can correct me but what is wrong with having a FREE map where players can just have FUN with minimal worry of losing items

Edited by conavar

I used to pk but only on no drops day...but on those days if i am on i will not miss it! It is fun! But i heared from many peoples that i broke a col a tit armor or great sword, and they are bitching over that too! I will say that this no drops map would revive the pk for a while, but i long term people will start to say the same! So many money I put in my Jagged sabre of cooling and it broked, it is so much money to buy one, i dont have money for it! My point is when the peoples stocks of armor will degrad/break some of them will start to bitch again! So i would say it would be fun and if it will be implemeted it will be fun...But as i learned the pk is designed for people who are willing to sacrifice even more then other players! There are many people that would like to pk, but they are affraid to risk losing theire equipment or rosto. Even when on no drops day, i see people who i know that has a col and steel armor is not wearing it because they affraid to loose it. With the mentallity is the problem i think not with the pk ... And that is normal for more intensive fights and feelings you have to risk more!

Troger

I agree with Troger. I see it this way:

The high cost/risk of PK is what stops EL from becoming a plain old hack-n-slash. If EL is supposed to be a balanced world, then the high cost of PK helps that in several ways. First, it gets a lot of people to work on other skills -- PKers learn to make their own gear and other stuff for sale while they're poor newbs, and learn how to get rich so they can buy better gear from manuers/crafters as they better (so they can quit leveling non-PK skills). Second, it drives the economy by moving items through the game as items won in PK are traded and PK-losers buy new stuff from manuers/crafters. Third, it does keep down the number of PKers a bit by making sure only the most determined get seriously into it -- and this isn't necessarily a bad thing as long as it doesn't go too far. Expensive PK means that only people who really want to do it will take the risk on their gear, and only the richest will risk the best gear. This kind of slows down the game's expansion of PKers, manuers and crafters alike, but it also keeps all those skills from turning into nothing but fast-leveling high-score points-fests, like an arcade game. The economy of EL PK becomes part of the strategy of EL gameplay.

I do agree that No-Drops is a good way to let newer players try out PK and probably find out they like it, maybe even enough to deal with the expenses of regular drops. But I think more regular No Drop Days or events would be better for this than a permanent No Drops map. The idea of a high fee to enter is to keep everyone from going there and nowhere else to PK, but if the point is to get more people into PK, it seems unlikely that a 5K fee would do that. The idea should be to make it easier for new PKers to rise, not easier for already advanced/rich PKers. More no-cost but short-term tastes of PK via Special Days/events would be better, I think.

OK, this is all I'll ever say about this idea from now on. Though I don't PK, I do want people to have fun in EL, even PKers, so that's why I have an opinion about it at all. Thanks for being patient with me. :evilgrin:

Edited by peino

Ok, the problem is that we make most of our money from selling rostogols on the shop.

So if we make a non drops map, then there is little reason for people to buy rostos, because they won't need to tain on monsters (they can just pvp there), and no need to go to other PK maps.

So why would I implement something that:

1. Makes us get less money.

2. Makes the current pk maps totally unused (right now there is still some action there).

3. Makes he game easier.

4. Makes the no drops day useless.

Any good reason for me to implement it?

Is there someway to make a negative to the map? An idea that would kind of counteract the no drop part but make it worth it maybe. Something were people would still use other drop arenas but maybe come here also sometimes

PS. other ideas besides paying to enter

Edited by Kidberg

Ok, the problem is that we make most of our money from selling rostogols on the shop. So if we make a non drops map, then there is little reason for people to buy rostos...
This isn't really a serious suggestion (probably wouldn't work) but along the lines of a fee to enter the map, what about:

Sell no-drop map tickets in the EL store. $1 per ticket, gets you one entry onto the map. Cheaper than a $5 rost, and still makes money. No idea how the cash-flow would compare.

Ok, the problem is that we make most of our money from selling rostogols on the shop.

So if we make a non drops map, then there is little reason for people to buy rostos, because they won't need to tain on monsters (they can just pvp there), and no need to go to other PK maps.

So why would I implement something that:

1. Makes us get less money.

2. Makes the current pk maps totally unused (right now there is still some action there).

3. Makes he game easier.

4. Makes the no drops day useless.

Any good reason for me to implement it?

1. you would get more money from EFEs/bindings/serp stones as more armor would break.

2. don't give pk points or xp on it, other pk maps would be used for pvp or to get pk points.

3. the game would not be easier, more gc will be needed for SRS/HE/broken armor.

4. No drop days are great for invasions, and to get pk points. Good for testing strong monsters too.