Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Elsidor

Bounties

Okay, say someone harrasses you or bagjumps you or someone else that you witness or something... How about bounties? Here's an example...

Bagjumped by playerx.

Posted in Outlaws forum.

Going to bounty hunter area.

Talking to bounty NPC.

Setting bounty for stuff stolen(say, COL and Titanium Shield. Maybe a set bounty for what the player did).

Bounty hunters who go to the bounty list will be notified that I set a bounty.

First player to kill that other player(they'll be PK forever until they're killed) gets the bounty.

50% of the bounty is given to the player who lost the stuff.

Sound like a good plan? By the way, I searched for this, and the last suggestion for it was a year ago...

Why should someone get gc back for something they lost due to their own fault? Also i think its impossible to program an NPC to know exactly what everyone dropped when they died, and then figure out what they lost, and if they were bagjumped... and even if it could be implemented, whats to stop you letting your friend bagjump you, then you put him on the 'bounty list' and your other friend kills him, and you all share the gc?

Bagjumping is part of the game.. you drop a bag when you die so you can lose it... if you make a bag and you leave it, its meant so that someone else can take it. If you hav expensive stuff always have rostogol stone in inv, otherwise you deserve to be bagjumped. People who bagjump should not be made pk'able because of it (even if it could have provided alot of fun :D) ... if anything make the person PK'able who didnt have a rosto who whines about it.

If you really want to put a bounty on someone's head, advertise it on market with your own gc... (then when the person with a bounty on his head sees it, he will let his friend PK him, and they get even more gc from you :D )

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think what he meant by this, is that there would be an NPC you could go to, to set a bounty on someones head, giving the reward money TO the NPC, then whoever kills the person the bounty was set on, can go to collect half of the reward money from the NPC.

Although I do like the idea (would give more reason to check pk maps personally :D I think it would be difficult to implement. Would require the NPC be able to receive specific players names, although I'm not completely sure, it might be easier to check if player X has been killed once he is in the bounty database. And if I'm not mistaken this would all be server coding.

I think it does sound like one of the better ideas I've heard from players from awhile, but I don't see it happening for awhile.

Hmm read it again, and it does look like there is also the suggestion to give 50% to the person who lost it... That part... not so much, if anything an agreement between the hunter and the bounty poster, but I think the best way would all be player based, for the hopes that that player would post more bountys in the future.

Another stupid suggestion from a player who created forum account just few days ago :P

And lol@50% of the bounty is given to player who lost the stuff :D (crazy possibilities for abuse and make big gc here :P )

St_arcane is 100% right :D

Btw, here is what Learner said about penalty for ppl who bagjump, its very relevant

The server will NEVER take any action against someone taking a bag. by design, the moment you put something in a bag it is not considered yours anymore. A bag is not intented for storage or safe keeping ... it is just stuff sitting there.

mp

bounty system is cool, make it so you can put 50k-100k on someones head, the killer gets it ofcourse

bounty system is cool, make it so you can put 50k-100k on someones head, the killer gets it ofcourse

U can do that even now, but the problem is- there is very high possibility it will be a set up- 2 friends will work together one will kill another and they share the bounty.

This newbie here suggested that server(game) gives money to bounty-hunter and also to person who lost stuff, very easy to abuse it.

mp

U can do that even now, but the problem is- there is very high possibility it will be a set up- 2 friends will work together one will kill another and they share the bounty.

This newbie here suggested that server(game) gives money to bounty-hunter and also to person who lost stuff, very easy to abuse it.

mp

Yup, really not a good idea, and has been usggested before and declined. If you are bagjumped you have to deal with it personally, as it is YOUR risk to die without a rosto or mix in a bag while harvesting. The thing you can do is just warn friends/guilds bout the bagjmuper and post on Outlaws and hopefully you'll hel people to be more careful around the bagjumper from now on. Bagjumping is NOT against any game rules, just community rules so you cant have the server punish bagjumpers. And also as others have said, a very easily abused idea.

this idea would be good for the pk server, but only you should decide what amount you want to pay, not a set amoun for the stuff you lost.

50% of the bounty is given to the player who lost the stuff.

lol... why would you pay the npc like 100k if you get 50k back?

easier if the person that kills the "outlaw" gets all the money.

it's a good idea, but too bad it can get abused easily

hmmmm and hmmmm to be honest i think when we all start the game we have similair ideas to this, then you get to know the game, talk to long serving players and then realise its stupid ..

ok going to sound like im defending bagjumping now.

If you wernt supposed to lose items when you die then the game mechanics wouldnt make you drop a death bag !!! the game is PROGRAMMED to make you lose stuff, hence that is why bagjumping is not against the rules and its only through other players good will that any items are returned at all .and as others have said and i agree any player wearing a COL etc and not using the one item that is ingame to protect them (rosto) then they are asking for trouble.

The bounty ... to me just seems like another way to lose money.. " omg i got bagjumped for a col,nmt and armour.let me waste another 50k putting a bounty on playerx's head" and it is a waste !! because what ever bounty is set from 5-500k you still dont get your items back so the point is ? revenge ? well if you want revenge then train a/d then one day hope to see them in pk and then hope they have been as stupid as yourself and not taken a rosto :icon13:

First player to kill that other player(they'll be PK forever until they're killed) gets the bounty.

Aside from the comments about abusing the system for gc, there is the obvious abuse of putting people to PK for any old reason (they have good PK points maybe?)

I really would like to see some kind of system where breakers of te community rules could be dealt with by the community, but this isn't it :icon13:

I know I have a brand new forum account, and I don't PK, but I've been playing for over a year, and I think this is a dumb idea. Nothing in the game has changed over the last year to make it any less dumb than the last time it was rejected.

1) Bagjumping is legal! Deal with it. The game has risks. Losing your stuff is the main one. Nobody is going to create a system to punish someone for snatching up a person's db or reward the person for dropping it.

2) If you want to pay people to kill someone for you, go ahead. Like others have said, post your own bounty on Market forum and let the hunt begin. But the person/guild who posts the bounty will have to figure how the bounty hunter can prove they really killed the target, and whether they care if the bounty hunter and target are in cahoots to cheat the bounty posters out of more gc.

3) As for getting your stuff back, or getting gc for it, how's that going to work? Is the bounty hunter going to force the target to open up his storage? Why should the hunter come to you for some elaborate 50/50 money deal, when he can just keep whatever loot the target drops when he PKs him -- which might even be yours?

Aside from the comments about abusing the system for gc, there is the obvious abuse of putting people to PK for any old reason (they have good PK points maybe?)

I really would like to see some kind of system where breakers of te community rules could be dealt with by the community, but this isn't it :icon13:

I am so against any idea that a player could get another player made PKable against the other player's will. The first post talked about, what if someone is harassing you -- well this would be a great way for players to harass other players, wouldn't it?

EDIT: Actually, no, I just really hate the whole idea. 'Nuff said from me.

The mods can make a player PKable for a while as a punishment for really bad behavior. What if -- if the crime they did is bad enough -- there's a mod bounty put on them?

But really, in the meantime, the community can deal with those who break community rules. By raising money to put a bounty on a "bad" person's head -- people would be gunning for them in PK maps, and their rep outside PK maps would be damaged.

How about a punishment for people who make false or silly accusations against other players and put bounties on their heads? Maybe a mod bounty could be used for that.

Edited by peino

As soon as somebody sets bounty on your head, you get teleported in the middle of PK map? Good idea.

I have new way to get money now:

1. Find somebody is afking with good stuff.

2. Set 1gc bounty.

3. Kill him.

If this won't work, I'll revive PK:

1. Harvest lupines couple of hours.

2. Set bounty on every player, maybe with alt if there is limit.

3. Repeat infite times when they die.

4. Have fun.

Okay my Bounty idea:

make it so that if you get killed you get a window poped up wich will say something like,

do you want to put a bounty on him yes/no if you press no you just respawn in UW, if you say yes , it will ask you how much gc you put in some money in the box, but has to be above , lets say 40k, when you did thi the player name of the bountyed persons name will change colour, say black ? and he is only allowed to get pked on pk maps,

if he dies the bounty on hes head gets removed and hes name colour goes back to white, the person that pked him can get hes reward from some npc.. he will get 95% of the bounty money , not 100% ..this is so that people that think to be smart and try to abuse the system by transfering legal money to theire alts..

edit: added some random enters to make it easier to read, lol

Edited by scarr

I dont see how it can work. Outlaw steals bag/PK a guy whatever, and a bounty is put out. one way or another he becomes PK. Outlaw pm's his buddy, who comes to kill the outlaw and they share bounty.

It just makes MORE reward for outlaws!

good diea but kinda imposible. just pay someone. thats we i did once. i higherd genjon to pk sanji along time ago. thats was rofl funny :)

I'm strongly against any server-side bounty system. The only way to make it work is creating a boutny board by players.

I don't think that this board should be limited only to Outlawers. If I don't like somebody I put a bounty on him, if somebody kills him I pay the cash. I'm happy, the PKer is happy, person I don't like ain't happy.