Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zipher

i think it is time

all the spawns for ogres orc fluff's etc are getting really crowded

we should make a new continent only for the high lvl people... ogres and up maybe ...

just a few maps to start just for training

i know a few ppl that have and are thinking about leaving becasue all the spawns are taken and really hard to get stuff done

i know a few ppl that have and are thinking about leaving becasue all the spawns are taken and really hard to get stuff done

;) when the ppl you know leave, problem solved, no?

It was many times suggested before...and there arent all the spawns taken everytime...There are spawns on pk maps where spawns ogres, and they are almost all the time free. If you want to train 24/7 then you have to take a little risk...And i think there shouldent be as much spawn as players are...it would be to easy. This way you need to search, to explore other places, hard to acces, to search for secret places, and even to take the risk to train on pk!

Why would there be a continent where only midd and high lvl players can go? ;)

only my 2 cents.

Troger

We had the same problem long time ago, when u had 2 mountain chims( 1 of them on pk map) and 3 desert chims only, no stronger monsters, also no ts pots so u couldnt go back to fluff ;)

Training at that time was pretty hard.

If u r really high lvl u will do what high lvls do when they cant/dont want to train on mobs- pvp.

The more ppl pvp the more spawns r free.

There r many ogre spawns ingame, like 15 ogres maybe in all el, u got 20+fluffy spawns, so i doubt Radu will increase their number.

mp

There's no need for a new continent just because there's a perceived shortage of spawns. If you are on ogres you can go to polar bears if you can't find an ogre spawn :D

I do think there's enough space left to add a number of spawns, lots of maps with just a few spawns, empty caves, etc.

If you think there's a shortage of spawns for a certain creature or a/d interval, here's what I think would be best:

* Try to find out all spawn location of that creature (EL-CEL and other sites should be helpful with that, also ask in game), maybe you'll find a spawn that you didn't know before and works for you.

* Try to find creatures that offer training alternatives and do the same as above.

* If you have all these locations and numbers and still are unable to train, find locations where the creature fits in with the map (Desert Chimeran in Iscalrith ;)), keep in mind the possible influence on other trainers/players if a spawn was added at the location!

* Get an estimate on how many players are able to train on them, keep in mind that the players are not all online at the same time ;)

* Now present the numbers, locations and reasonings in a nice post including your suggestions as to where to add more of the creatures in question.

Of course, doing your homework like that doesn't guarantee anything, but it shows that you really tried and that you really care and it prevents noob replies by the lesser noobs :P And of course if devs follow your reasoning you already supplied them with possible solutions, taking that part of the task off of them ;)

I rarely have a problem getting a Fluffy or Feros spawn.

I'm pretty sure this is all about Ogres.

Ogre trainers want 2 things:

1. Ogres as the strongest monster in an area.

(I never see SKF Ogres being trained (SKF, not CM), i can only assume this is because cyclops and fluffys would always be interrupting their training.

2. At least 2 Ogres that spawn near each other, and in an area where they cant run off too far (so they dont keep losing one of their spawns, or spend ages tracking them down when they first get there).

I can understand point 1, it's fair enough. The 1 m.chim in grubby keeps the 2 fluff spawns free, and thats just 1 stronger monster on a bigger map... trying to train ogres in SKF with 2 fluffs and 3+ clops wandering around would be quite annoying.

Point 2 on the other hand i have little sympathy for.

I know why that would concern you, zipher4, your a/d 55/56 with p/c 32/48.

That's Feros trainer p/c. No doubt you wipe away Ogres in a few hits and make very little exp on a single spawn.

I'm for adding some more single and maybe a double Ogre spawn, but i dont want triple Ogre spawns in small caves all over the place... if the Ogre trainers get that, then i want heaps of triple Fluffy spawns in small caves.

zipher4, if you want more exp you can #reset and sacrifice carry capacity and PK prowess, you could make more that 5 times the exp p/h you would now on a single Ogre spawn.

Feel free to PM me if you want exact p/c/w/v recommendations for Ogres ;)

edit:

all the spawns for ogres orc fluff's etc are getting really crowded
I can think of a couple of Ogre spawns that are usually free, but they are single or "bad" double spawns. Edited by Korrode

I would have to disagree, I find since the implementation of astrology, it is much easier to find spawns, even my favorite skf fluff is usually available with no waiting, as well as at least one and usually two feros. Mind you it's been a long time since ogres, but any I do happen to come across are usually free.

Only good reason for a new continent is more for ME to explore :o I don't think that alone could be reason enough though... Perhaps someday far from now, when new items/ores/creatures just don't fit the current maps.

I reply to this post purely because ofcourse I would like more places to explore, I've been everywhere there is (majorly, I'm sure there are secrets dotted around I still don't know). But basically there has to be a real good reason to create a new continent, perhaps a visit to things mentioned in the Past (aka Wraith) quest, a second moon, something that has a severly different range of landscapes. But mainly reasons for ordinary folk to go there and use it. C2 already has lots of advantages for most all skills.

If ever a C3 was made, however, I think it's underworld should be a complex of its own with a dragon in it. :D