Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zamirah

How to make pk maps crowded

omfg i just had the greatest idea ever :)

HOW TO GET PK LIVELY AGAIN IN 3 STEPS.©

1: everytime someone logs on they automaticly get teleported to a small room (like VC secret ogre spawn)

2: make the map Pk

3: only exit is to kill everyone in that room

of course i put a copyright on that idea, Entropy if you implement this (and i know you will cuz it r best idea evah!) call me and i sell the idea to you (less bricks for ur castle then though ;'(

omfg i just had the greatest idea ever :o

HOW TO GET PK LIVELY AGAIN IN 3 STEPS.©

1: everytime someone logs on they automaticly get teleported to a small room (like VC secret ogre spawn)

2: make the map Pk

3: only exit is to kill everyone in that room

of course i put a copyright on that idea, Entropy if you implement this (and i know you will cuz it r best idea evah!) call me and i sell the idea to you (less bricks for ur castle then though ;'(

DUDE I love this omg omg, when does it start? :):happy::mace:

<edit>

I'm sorry but I don't like this idea at all!!!

Zamirah not everyone trains on pk maps on ogres just because of the drops

I for one train on fluffs for the xp and not for the drops alone.

If I really wanna go to a pk map that's because I wanna fight people or pvp...

What you are suggesting is something I'll never like. I enjoy training on monsters and I don't think removing their xp will solve the pk problem... I think a lot of people (including me) would stop playing.

Edited by -Nostalg

I just a great idea. Let's make only making titanium plate torso give any xp to manu. Only making CoLs should give xp to craft. Only summoning giants should give xp to summoning. Only harvesting dung should give any xp... and make recommended level around 10000.

I just a great idea. Let's make only making titanium plate torso give any xp to manu. Only making CoLs should give xp to craft. Only summoning giants should give xp to summoning. Only harvesting dung should give any xp... and make recommended level around 10000.

Genius idea :laugh:

New people coming into the game/people starting to train a/d would be stuck. Level 3 a/d comes into game, has no idea what to do because killing rabbits isnt making him any better, he still dies to beavers. Eventually he discovers, goes into PK map, dies instantly. Eventually would realise that he could go to arena and maybe not die instantly but by then may have quit. Im sorry but this idea could never work IMO

There could be arena for a/d between 3/3 and 5/5 so those people could pvp. Same for 5/5 - 10/10... 10/10 - 15/15 and so on. They could be in underworld so you don't need to walk for long when you die.

The same way, there could be alchemy arenas. Fancy make some fire essences and get exp? Go to alchemy arena, where you get exp but other alchers can PA (PA = Player Alching) you. Their alchemy level would act as attack and defense. Or harvesting arena, where people will be fighting mother nature (it could look like Aislinn and people could throw sticks and stones at it) :laugh:

[

I would have loved to buy from a manuer, but too expensive.

And I could have spent the time in KF.

OK, you are bemoaning the fact that ingreds cost more than items, so why not sell the coal/iron. don't waste time and money mixing it into bars (then into swords to dig hydro??)

That way straight away you have more gc.

Then think of the cost of failures. More gc saved if you just sell the raws

Then think of the cost of the books you had to read to get as far as mixing hydro bars.

Seriously, think about it. Virtually everyone in game gets their profit from harvesting. They then spend that profit on maybe wastage through skill building, books, armor to break or lose, rostos, weapons, fancy hats(???) etc

It seems to me your problem is that you want to spend the profit several times over. In which case, I have the same problem, but I don't see how your proposal will help me out :happy:

[

I would have loved to buy from a manuer, but too expensive.

And I could have spent the time in KF.

OK, you are bemoaning the fact that ingreds cost more than items, so why not sell the coal/iron. don't waste time and money mixing it into bars (then into swords to dig hydro??)

That way straight away you have more gc.

Then think of the cost of failures. More gc saved if you just sell the raws

Then think of the cost of the books you had to read to get as far as mixing hydro bars.

Seriously, think about it. Virtually everyone in game gets their profit from harvesting. They then spend that profit on maybe wastage through skill building, books, armor to break or lose, rostos, weapons, fancy hats(???) etc

It seems to me your problem is that you want to spend the profit several times over. In which case, I have the same problem, but I don't see how your proposal will help me out :omg:

Why do you think I'm level 101 harvesting ??

I'm not manuer.

I need to manu/alc/craft because training/pking cost more then it give, even if I kill yetis for gc.

I make what I need, it's the cheapest, only cost food - believe me, better than sell coal/flowers.

And it give oa xp, it's limited what harvest give.

And I have the time because pk maps are empty.

I can do it because I have the levels/nexus and have read the books, but few other fighters can do it.

I worked with all skills but summoning and eng., started a new skill every time I could make all items.

(lowest level is 62)

Failure are not a problem for me.

So I make what I have nexus for, use the gc I get from drops to buy what I don't have nexus for yet.

But other fighters are not able to do that, so it's harvesting or go find another game.

And I can tell you - harvesting is boring.

Yes, I'm lucky I have other skills but harvest, but I hate to see fighters leave the game because they need to spend half of their time mining.

Do we havee some conclusions here or just flames?:>

Altho i agree pking is very expensive and thats why so less ppl goes pk i dont agree with Zamirah's idea about exp, i would prefer making pk cheaper or making pk earn more(some)money.

mp

There must be safe zones in the game.

But by entering a pk map means that i may get branced, lose a rosto, waste he's and pots, waste summoning stones, see my expensive armor and weapons degraded, waste capes etc.

What do i win? Pk points..

Is this enough? I don't think so.

So pk maps should provide:

1)Better drops ( more gc, nmt and arti should be dropped only in pk maps)

2)Much more exp than normal maps.

3)Better spawns.

4)When you kill a player in a pk map and only if he is carrying a rosto there should be a chance to drop something good. (not from his inventory).

EDIT: I am not pking in wow just for fun. I get honor points and with honor points i can buy extremely good items from an npc.

Edited by agis29

1)Better drops ( more gc, nmt and arti should be dropped only in pk maps)

I think I can agree with it. Drops rate in PK areas should be lik 10 times higher than in other areas.

2)Much more exp than normal maps.

I agree with this one as well, I think that the xp should be at least 5 times higher. Cumulative with special days.

3)Better spawns.

Yeah. Better spawns are really important. I think that every PK area should have a fluffy, a yeti and a giant spawn. Monsters should be nailed to exactly one position. Of course the spawn pattern should be like below.

fegeyefegeye
efegeyefegey
fegeyefegeye
efegeyefegey

f - fluffy

g - giant

y - yeti

e - empty

4)When you kill a player in a pk map and only if he is carrying a rosto there should be a chance to drop something good. (not from his inventory).

Well, I suppose that there could be a nmt or warlock cape in every PK loot. Of course, a nice amount of gold coins as well. 10000 sounds like a good idea.

I just wonder why in case there actually is an interesting idea in posts like above, it is alwasy digged deep under a pile of crap.

What I find an interesting idea is a possibility of obtaining some items with PK points. It has been suggested before (nope, it's not a new idea in this forums). There have been a lot of ways to abuse it pointed out. If the possible problems are solved it MAY be a first step in good direction. It MAY, unless people won't decide on PKing, because they don't get 10 times more xp than people training on monsters.

Digression:

I can't understand the logic behind giving more xp for fighting players than monsters. It just doesn't make much sense:/

Edited by Kheres

f - fluffy

g - giant

y - yeti

e - empty

I would like :

f - fluffy

g - giant

y - yeti

h - some random harvester

Fighters would not need to harv afk. :omg:

EDIT: I am not pking in wow just for fun. I get honor points and with honor points i can buy extremely good items from an npc.

So why not do that in EL.. have unique items only buyable with honour/pk points ?.then these items can be sold to the general populace for gc or kept.

Im all for making pk more lively (it has a part in the game just as much as harv/alch/craft etc ) but not to the cost of other players who dont pk.

Personally i dont pk much (but Zam still has me on her counter :) ) but i like to go in on no drops day. WHY ? well its not because i dont lose items (got rostos for that) but for the fact that on no-drop days more people of differant levels go onto , making it more fun IMO than just getting owned by the same high level fighters time and time again.

i dont think there is an easy answer without a massive re-think of the whole system

Edited by conavar

The problem with honour points or whatever they may be called is always a finding a way of avoiding abusing it.

The most blunt way of abusing this system would be two friends letting on PK another to get many VP (virtue points). If there is a reliable way of solving this problem found I think it would be a really nice idea. (No sarcasm this time).

Edited by Kheres

Guest ohmygod

Well, MPi, there's the one:

Harvesting is boring, all people should go PKing.

Im waiting for the day someone posts a 5 minute harvesting video on Youtube :)

Well, MPi, there's the one:

Harvesting is boring, all people should go PKing.

Im waiting for the day someone posts a 5 minute harvesting video on Youtube :)

Tempted to do it :S

Honour points are just an example to show that players should have a motive to pk.

If pk maps had better spawns, drops and giving double exp people would train there.

Sooner or later someone would attack to a trainer to such a map. He would attack back either with his guildies or his friends. Thats how wars between 2 guilds usually start.Double exp and better drops are a motive too.

I don't think that someone must be Einstein to understand it.

Anyway if someone things that my suggestions or other people suggestions were a crap, instead of bitching like an egocentric kid, noobish flaming and trying to pretend the smart guy he can suggest something better.

Sorry to say but personally i solved the "pk is dead" problem by playing wow.

Double exp in a/d means that these two skills will be even faster to level up than they are now. I don't think that someone must be Einstein to understand it.

It means risky training and also less exp in safe maps. Also it means that u must risk training with nmt in such a map. And if u go without nmt and col u may die from a noob that harmed you.

Actually it means just slightly riskier training. Nothing else. It means also spending more time in fairly safe PK areas (like guild maps) and mass PvP instead of PKing. I hardl believe that nmt or CoL would protect me from dying to anybody harming me, as it dying to such person would mean my HP is low enough, no matter whether I have CoL or NMT (I honestly do not see any relation between dying to magic and NMT cape).

I just wonder whether you've spent at least a few minutes for thinking about all possible outcomes of your ideas. It doesn't seem like this. You may consider it flaming or not. I honestly do not care about it. Just stop a bit and think before posting any suggestions like above ones.

Just one last question. Why you want to force all people to PK. Is it because you like it? What about people absolutely not interested in it?

<edit>

Continueing above thought. What if there is a person that would suggest making all people manuers. Give some nice bonuses, like triple manu xp, lots of rare items, etc. etc. and limit xp from other skills. Would you be interested in it? I, in example, would be fairly happy with such possibility, if only... it doesn't screw the game for quite many other players, including all fighters.

Edited by Kheres

Actually it means just slightly riskier training. Nothing else. It means also spending more time in fairly safe PK areas (like guild maps) and mass PvP instead of PKing. I hardl believe that nmt or CoL would protect me from dying to anybody harming me, as it dying to such person would mean my HP is low enough, no matter whether I have CoL or NMT (I honestly do not see any relation between dying to magic and NMT cape).

I just wonder whether you've spent at least a few minutes for thinking about all possible outcomes of your ideas. It doesn't seem like this. You may consider it flaming or not. I honestly do not care about it. Just stop a bit and think before posting any suggestions like above ones.

Just one last question. Why you want to force all people to PK. Is it because you like it? What about people absolutely not interested in it?

<edit>

Continueing above thought. What if there is a person that would suggest making all people manuers. Give some nice bonuses, like triple manu xp, lots of rare items, etc. etc. and limit xp from other skills. Would you be interested in it? I, in example, would be fairly happy with such possibility, if only... it doesn't screw the game for quite many other players, including all fighters.

Mate i said that safe areas must exist.

1)Better drops means that if the average fluffy drops 5 gc in a normal map it should drop 10 in a pk map .

2)Better drops also means that if u want to get a nmt cape you should enter a pk map. No nmt and arti in safe maps

3)Better spawns means "remove all double spawns from safe maps and put them in pk maps".

4)Double exp means that if a fluffy now gives 300k per hour it should give 450 k in a pk map and 150 in a safe map.

From the moment that safe areas exist you don't force anyone. If you want something better you must risk.

As a manuer and a crafter i have a profit. As a pker i am losing money.

And if things in pk wont change i am afraid that the game will be screwed for all of us.

Edit 450k or 150k is an example.It could be 250k and 320K oe whatever. Same with gc.

Edited by agis29

<edit>

1)Better drops means that if the average fluffy drops 5 gc in a normal map it should drop 10 in a pk map .

2)Better drops also means that if u want to get a nmt cape you should enter a pk map. No nmt and arti in safe maps

3)Better spawns means "remove all double spawns from safe maps and put them in pk maps".

4)Double exp means that if a fluffy now gives 300k per hour it should give 450 k in a pk map and 150 in a safe map.

From the moment that safe areas exist you don't force anyone. If you want something better you must risk.

And if things in pk wont change i am afraid that the game will be screwed for all of us.

Edit 450k or 150k is an example.It could be 250k and 320K oe whatever. Same with gc.

but wouldnt that just increase the gap between the top players and the rest of us ? the top players would go to pk where they know there is little or no chance of getting pked and then get all the extra xp and money from nmt/arti capes , and the rest of us would have no chance to even get close to them in level ( thus hindering future pk) because as soon as we stepped into pk map . *bam* dead. so we would be left with "safe" maps, leveling slower than before ,with no chance of rare drops(less money) .

I think if anything this would make things worse because players would level to slow to be able to enter the pk scene

Yes. Pure logic. I want to be a PKer, all others should follow my wish. Way to have balanced game. Giving one groupls a huge advantages over all others.

Once again, what about people not interested in PKing at all? You just judged them to either enter PK maps, which makes no fun for them, or get 3 times less xp than ones being interested in it. For what purpose?

PS.

450k/150k=3

300% percent more xp in PK areas over other ones? Happy PvPing. Think twice.

Saying this I'm done with your suggestions and polemic. I don't feel like trying to convince you that such unbalancing game will effect with quite many players leaving game.

Edited by Kheres

150k and 450k is an example as i said. It could be 250 and 320 or whatever. Same with gc.

Kheres the game is already unbalanced. Players are forced not to pk. Pk doesn't offer something while all other skills do. Actually pker's become more poor after entering a pk map.